Yunho's "Brilliant" Plan

Torn Between Two Brothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: hi, all! here's the next chapter! :)

a bit of warning though, Yunho might try your patience in this chapter XD

“YOU WANT TO DO WHAT?!” Jaejoong yelled loudly, his eyes bugging out of their sockets.

“Jae, keep your voice down!” Yunho hushed his boyfriend, glancing around as a few other customers turned to look curiously in their direction.

School was done for the day and the Yunjae couple were in the café they frequented.

And Jaejoong just couldn’t believe what his boyfriend had just suggested! Actually, it wasn’t even a suggestion. It was more of Yunho just telling Jaejoong something that he had already decided that he will do.

Jaejoong obeyed Yunho and lowered his voice, but there was a bite in his tone that made Yunho flinch. “Tell me again what you just said!”

“You heard it perfectly fine the first time I said it,” Yunho now mumbled, looking away and not meeting Jaejoong’s eyes.

“Why the hell do you want to do that?” Jaejoong demanded.

Yunho just sighed but made no other reply.

“Don’t you love me anymore?” Jaejoong persisted, asking more quietly this time. Tears were starting to form in his eyes.

Yunho’s eyes snapped back towards Jaejoong, shocked by what he had just said.

“What? How can you think that? Of course I do! I love you so much, Boo! I love you, always and forever!”

“Then why are you doing this?!”

“Jaejoong, this is as much for you as it is for me-“

Jaejoong scoffed so hard that Yunho was almost worried that he would choke.

“For me? For me! Don’t kid with me, Yunho!” Jaejoong repeated, his voice starting to become shrill. “This has nothing to do with me! If it was up to me, we’d have already admitted our relationship ages ago! No, this is just for you! Just like why we’ve been keeping our relationship a secret in the first place! For you!”

“Alright, so it really has to do with throwing my father off scent from the truth about my ual orientation…”

“So you finally admit it!” Jaejoong half-snarled, half-laughed.

“I love you, Jaejoong, but I love my father, too!” Yunho said as loud as possible without attracting again the attention of the other customers around them. He buried his face in his hands.

Jaejoong was about to carry on attacking him for his decision when he noticed that Yunho’s shoulders were shaking.

‘He’s crying!’, Jaejoong realized. Mad as he may be, his heart still broke at the sight of Yunho crying. Jaejoong could never stand it when the people he loved and cared for were hurting and crying, especially not when it was his boyfriend. Plus, Yunho had always been strong and dependable that seeing him breaking down was even more unnerving for Jaejoong.

“Hey,” Jaejoong said softly, reaching over and patting Yunho’s shoulder (as much as he wanted to run to Yunho’s side and hug the life out of him, he just settled for this since they were in a public and they were keeping their romantic relationship a secret, after all). “Hey, it’s okay. Come on, Yunnie. Stop crying. It’s okay. It’ll be okay.”

It took a while before Yunho could regain his composure. When he finally looked up again, his eyes were bloodshot.

“I don’t know what to do anymore, Joongie,” Yunho whispered brokenly. “I love you and I know keeping our relationship a secret is hurting you. I wish it was easy for me to be brave and just face it all for you. But my father… I’ve admired him so much ever since I was young. I love him so much, Jae. I want him to be proud of me, not to disown me!”

Jaejoong was itching to say that if Yunho’s father really loved him so much as his son, he would still accept Yunho even if he was gay. But then, they do live in one of the most homophobic societies in the world. And Jaejoong had seen firsthand how Mr. Jung reacts towards homouality. So, even if Jaejoong didn’t like it, he understood where Yunho was coming from.

“Alright, let’s say you do do this…” Jaejoong said slowly, forcing himself to consider Yunho’s plan. “Will you- will you… kiss her?” Jaejoong’s question was so tentative and cautious, as though it had the potential to shatter his heart into a million pieces. Which it probably really could do.

“Well, I’d have to, wouldn’t I?” Yunho replied carefully. “I mean, don’t you think it would be odd if she was my girlfriend but I’m not even kissing her?”

That sound of breaking glass? That was actually Jaejoong’s heart shattering.

Yunho accurately read his pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter