Soulmates

Torn Between Two Brothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi, guys!

First, I'm so sorry for not updating for about a month now. I've been focusing on my main story, "A Chance to Change the Past", but now that it's drawing to a close, I'll be able to concentrate on this and my other stories more.

Here's the next chapter. I hope you all like it. :)

“What the hell was that, Jaejoong?” Yoochun exploded at his friend the moment he sat down opposite Jaejoong at their usual table in the diner.

“Calm down, Yoochun-ah,” Jaejoong whispered anxiously, looking around. Luckily, it was so late in the night that there were no other customers.

“How can you expect me to calm down after that? That was just- what the hell was that?” Yoochun continued to rant.

Yoochun was the only person who knew about Yunho and Jaejoong’s relationship.

He was the one to whom Jaejoong had first confess to when he was just starting to have feelings for Yunho, all those years ago. And while Yoochun had been shocked by his confession, he had been supportive and encouraging. And he was so happy for his friend when Jaejoong had told him that he and Yunho had finally gotten together.

So, imagine Yoochun’s shock this evening when Yunho came home with Erin in tow, announcing to them that Erin was now his girlfriend.

And to add more to his disbelief about the whole situation was how Jaejoong had just taken it all in stride, as if there was nothing odd at all about his boyfriend announcing his relationship with another person.

“I don’t really know how to explain it, Yoochun,” Jaejoong mumbled helplessly, wringing his hands together.

“Well, you better find out some way to explain it, because I’m am not letting you out of here until I hear a satisfactory explanation!” Yoochun insisted. “What was that about, Jaejoong? Was that all just a joke or something? Or did you and Yunho break up and you didn’t even bother to tell me? And, so, now he’s with Erin?”

Jaejoong grimaced. Yoochun asking if it was ‘just a joke’ was too close to the truth for comfort. After all, Yunho’s and Erin’s relationship was just pretend. Not that Erin knew it. No matter how Yunho tried to put it, he was just playing with Erin. That was the truth, plain and simple.

It was a dangerous game that Yunho was playing, and Jaejoong knew it.

But he couldn’t do anything to convince his boyfriend otherwise.

So, now, he was stuck here in the diner at past 11 in the evening, having to explain somehow to Yoochun the very complicated set-up they were all in right now.

“Yoochun, you know how Mr. Jung is so against homouality?” Jaejoong began with a sigh, rubbing his temples tiredly.

Yoochun frowned at this, not understanding why Jaejoong was mentioning it. What did Mr. Jung have to do with what they were just talking about? “Yes,” he said slowly. “I do know. And isn’t that the reason as to why you two have been hiding your relationship in the closet for almost four years now?”

Jaejoong nodded a bit. “Yeah… and Yunho told me a few days ago that he reckons that his father is already getting suspicious about his ual orientation.”

“That doesn’t surprise me. Mr. Jung can be paranoid with even the smallest trace of homouality,” Yoochun rolled his eyes. Then, he scowled again. “But what does this all have to do with what just happened in the Jungs' home this evening?”

“Everything, actually,” Jaejoong mumbled, mindlessly swirling his coffee with a spoon. He looked up at Yoochun glumly. “It’s all meant to throw Mr. Jung off scent.”

“What?” Yoochun asked, bewildered. “What do you mean?”

“Well, Mr. Jung wouldn’t think that Yunho is gay if he has a girlfriend, right?” Jaejoong explained quietly.

Yoochun’s mouth fell open in shock.

“W-what?” he stuttered out, not believing his ears. “Are- are you t-telling me that-?”

“Yunho has a ‘pretend girlfriend’ to make his father believe that he’s straight, yes,” Jaejoong said, looking down.

“IS HE INSANE?!” Yoochun exploded.

“Yoochun, quiet!” Jaejoong hissed, once again thankful that they were alone in the diner or they would have been getting lots of curious looks by now.

Yoochun ignored his best friend and just carried on ranting. “What kind of idea is that? A ‘pretend girlfriend’? That is just wrong! He has absolutely lost his mind!”

Then, he suddenly paused, looking at Jaejoong suspiciously. Jaejoong squirmed uncomfortably in his seat at Yoochun’s scrutiny.

“And you…” Yoochun said quietly, narrowing his eyes dangerously at Jaejoong.

“What?” Jaejoong said, immediately on the defensive.

“You actually allowed this?!” Yoochun shouted, disbelieving. How could his friend be so stupid?

“Yoochun…”

“No! Answer me straight, Jae! You actually allowed Yunho to do that?!”

“You have to admit that it is the best way to really convince his father…”

“Do you even hear yourself, Jaejoong hyung?! That doesn’t excuse what he’s doing! You know that, right?!”

Jaejoong glared at Yoochun. “Of course, I know that! I’m just telling you how Yunho was explaining is it to me! I’m not saying I thought it was right, both morally and logically! God, Yoochun, I was against this from the beginning!”

“Then, why the hell did you let him go on with it?” Yoochun demanded.

“I did everything I could to persuade him not to! You don’t know how much we argued about that!”

“But you still let him in the end.” The displeasure and disappointment was very clear in Yoochun’s voice.

“I warned him that he was playing with a dangerous game.”

“But you still let him in the end,” Yoochun just said again.

“What else did you expect me to do, Yoochun? You know how unbelievably and ridiculously afraid Yunho is that his father would find out that he’s gay! What did you expect me to do?”

“Anything! Anything, Jae! Anything except just let him walk over you!”

Jaejoong looked highly offended. “Yunho does no such thing!”

“Don’t kid yourself,” Yoochun sneered. “Yunho wears the pants in your relationship, don’t even bother denying it! Yunho says you keep your relationship hidden from everybody, you keep your relationship from everybody! Yunho wants to have a girlfriend so that no one will think he’s gay, you let him have one!”

Jaejoong didn’t answer, and Yoochun knew that he had made a point that his friend could not disprove.

“Well, maybe he is,” Jaejoong muttered after a while, refusing to look at Yoochun in the eye. “Either way, there was nothing I could have done to change his mind. You know how he can be both very stubborn and idiotic at times. It’s really a dangerous combination, like what I’ve always said so myself.”

“You could have stood up against him for once,” Yoochun insisted.

“I did, Yoochun! It’s just does that he wouldn’t let me reason out with him, no matter what I said!”

“You should have tried something stronger, then! Like- like- I dunno, maybe threaten to break up with him or something…”

“What?” Jaejoong screeched. “You’re the one that’s gone nuts! Why the hell would I do that?”

“To show him that you won’t just let him carry on treating like you that!”

“Like what exactly?” Jaejoong snarled, his eyes narrowed dangerously.

“Like ,” Yoochun said bluntly.

“Yunho loves me!” Jaejoong shouted angrily.

“I know he does,” Yoochun acquiesced. He could at least see that much when Yunho looked at Jaejoong when they were alone together. “But he’s gotten too confident about your love, if you ask me.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“That he’s sure that you’ll love him no matter what…”

Jaejoong gave Yoochun a puzzled look. “But that is the truth. I’ll love him no matter what.”

“Love isn’t just a one-way street, Jae,” Yoochun said quietly, his voice a lot gentler and kinder now. “You can’t just keep giving. And Yunho can’t just keep taking. You say that you’ll love him no matter, but does the same go for him? Will he love you no matter what?”

“Of course, he will!” Jaejoong said at once. “Of course, he will! What are you talking about, Yoochun-ah?”

“Will he still do so even if his father finds out about your relationship?” Yoochun said testily.

Jaejoong’s mouth slackened, and it was a while before he could stutter out, “H-his feelings for m-me won’t change n-no matter w-what!”

Yoochun rolled his eyes. Sure, because Jaejoong just sounded so confident when he answered.

“Alright, so he might still love you, but will he still be with you?”

“Yunho won’t break up with me!” Jaejoong almost screamed in panic at just the thought of it.

“Mr. Jung would never stand for his eldest son being with another man, and we all know it,” Yoochun said flatly. “Yunho’s panicking now just because he’s afraid his father’s already suspicious. If his father finds out and forbids him from seeing you, Yunho won’t stand up against him. If he was really willing- really even capable- of standing up to his father, he would have done it a long time ago, and you wouldn’t have had to hide your relationship all these years.”

There was no way that Jaejoong could deny the truth in Yoochun’s words.

“I can’t lose him, Yoochun,” Jaejoong said miserably. “Maybe Mr. Jung will never find out. After all, Yunho’s doing everything he can so that Mr. Jung won’t know, so that we can keep on being together. Even if it’s secret, I’ll take it, Chunnie. I’ll take any way I can be with him.”

“Jae, you two are seriously deluded if you think you can keep it a secret from Mr. Jung for life!”

“Maybe Mr. Jung will change his stance about homouality soon enough?"

“Don’t tell me you actually believe that?” Yooc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter