Comfort and Confrontation

Torn Between Two Brothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi, everyone!! :D

I am sorry for not updating this for a while, but I've been busy with my thesis T_T But anyway, it was my birthday last Nov. 16, and I thought why not celebrate it by writing updates for ALL my stories. And so we have the new chapter for this story!

Everybody get ready for the face-off of the Jung brothers!! D:

The moment Changmin ran out of their house, Erin was no longer anywhere to be seen. He muttered a curse under his breath, his worry and concern for eating up his insides. Luckily for him, he knew Erin wouldn’t have gone far. And even luckier for him, her house was literally just next to his.

He ran towards Erin’s house, just suddenly opening the front door and bursting inside. Because, hey, after all, they were best friends. Erin didn’t have to knock when coming inside the Jung’s house, and the same held true for Changmin in Erin’s house.

Normally, though, they don’t come in with a force that could almost unhinge the door. So, Erin’s mother, who just so happened to have been passing by the hallway on her way to the kitchen, jumped in alarm.

“Changmin!” she said, her hand over her heart in shock. “What on earth is going on?”

“I’m sorry, but where’s Erin?” Changmin managed to gasp out, out of breath from his run, even if it was just quite a short one. Boy, he really needed to start exercising…

But, anyway!

“I heard her run up the stairs a few minutes ago. What is wrong?” Erin’s mother asked, frowning at the near panicking look in Changmin’s eyes.

“Yunho,” was all that Changmin gritted out through his teeth in anger, before running up the stairs, leaving behind Erin’s mother just staring after him in bewilderment.

Changmin was used to finding his way around Erin’s house, and he used to enter Erin’s bedroom just like it was almost his bedroom. Now, however, he screeched to a halt in front of her bedroom door, quite unsure of how to proceed.

And he was also afraid.

Afraid of what he would find inside. He didn’t know in exactly what state he would find Erin in, but he knew it would be bad. And he didn’t know if his heart could take it.

As Changmin stood there, thinking, he heard quiet whimpers and sobs coming from inside.

As expected, his heart started cracking right away.

He quickly put his hand on the doorknob and opened the door.

Never mind on what exactly he was going to do. All that Changmin knew was that he had to get inside there and comfort Erin. He couldn’t leave her alone hurting like that any longer!

Erin was sitting on top of her bed when Changmin quietly slipped himself inside, her legs pulled up against her chest and her face buried in her arms which were resting on top of her knees… shoulders shaking. Crying.

The sight tore Changmin’s heart.

He slowly approached her, careful not to make any sudden movement that might surprise and upset her even more. He walked over to her bed and stood right next to it.

“Erin?” Changmin murmured quietly

Erin stiffened for a second.

“Go away, Min,” she said, her voice muffled by her arms as she didn’t raise her head up to look at Changmin.

“But-“

“I SAID GO AWAY!” Erin shouted, finally raising her head to glare at Changmin. And normally, her glares were quite terrifying. However, her eyes were bloodshot right now and her cheeks had tears running fast down them.

Changmin just met her gaze, unflinching. After a while, Erin finally looked away just and just glared down instead. Changmin climbed on the bed and crawled to sit right next to her. He pulled her into a tight hug against his body. That broke Erin’s angry façade and she broke down crying against his chest, finally stopping trying to fight down her emotions and letting the heartbroken sobs come out.

“I’m s-sorry,” she managed to mutter through to her tears.

“You have nothing to be sorry for,” Changmin said immediately.

“I s-shouted at y-you.”

“It’s okay, I don’t mind. I understand,” he assured her.

“I was so stupid,” Erin sniffled. “God, I’m so stupid!”

Changmin frowned. “Why on earth would you say that?”

“I’m so stupid because I thought that Yunho oppa would actually like me that way,” she said, more tears running down her cheeks and on to Changmin’s shirt. “I should have realized from the start that none of it was real. I mean, why would he even like me that way? I am so stupid…” she continued self-depreciatingly.

“You’re not stupid, okay?” Changmin insisted. “It’s not your fault that Yunho’s such bast-“

He broke off abruptly, trying to get a hold on his suddenly flaring temper.

As mad as Changmin was with his brother, Erin had to be his number one priority. He had to make sure she’s alright.

He pulled back a bit so that he could look down at her. He put a finger under her chin and tilted her head up so that she would look directly into his eyes. He then cupped her face in his hand. “Everything will be alright, okay? Just let it all out. Everything will be alright.”

Tears were still streaming down Erin’s face, but she nodded slowly. She snuggled closer to Changmin. Her heart felt like it had been crushed and stamped on right now, but yes, she knew that Changmin was right. Everything will be alright. Because Changmin was here, so everything will be alright.

The two of them just stayed there cuddled together like that, Changmin hugging her tight and giving her silent comfort as best as he could.

Eventually, Erin’s tears stopped and her breathing evened out as she fel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter