Chapter five

Found each other by chance, lasted because of fate

Chapter five


"So this is where I live", Xiumin opened the black door to a wooden blue house. The house was as clean on the outside as it was on the inside, everything seemed very organized. All shoes were neatly placed on a shelf and I felt like an intruder when I placed my light pink converse next to a orange pair of football shoes. The house was quiet and for a moment I began to imagine how it would be too talk to each other like we had before without the awkwardness that was like a invincible wall between us. He gave me a nod and picked up his bag from the floor where from it landed. I walked behind Xiumin and held my bag in a firm grip so I wouldn't accidentally drop it and cause a loud noise that would just add to the silence. I followed him up a flight of stairs, and saw pictures of Xiumin and what I guessed was his family. According to all baby photos, he also had an older brother that loved to play football with him. Xiumin opened the door to the room that was in the end of the corridor and revealed a neat room with plain white walls. He sat down on the blue rug that was placed in the middle of the room and began to search for some papers and pencils in a box beneath his nightstand. I looked at the black nightstand and saw a old photo in a wooden frame. The photo was of a cute boy standing next to young and smiling Xiumin under Namsan tower. They looked close like brothers but I couldn't find any similar traits between him and the younger version of Xiumin. They could be relatives or close friends, I thought. I jus kep staring at Xiumn's back, not knowing what to say to break te silence. Oh why, I thought as I tried to gather enough courage to say something. Okay now, Aecha. It's either sink or swim now, I thought and opened my mouth.

 "My best friend suicided when her dad had hung himself when she was away on a trip with our school." I looked at Aecha and was really shocked and surprised over the statement.
 "What?" Was all I could say. 
 "Her mum died when she was very little and her dad had been depressed for a very long time when he killed himself. She begun to cut herself and I just... Couldn't do anything to stop her." She continued with blank eyes. "I-..." She started but stopped as she began to hiccup in a falted, shaky breath. Without thinking, I took her in my arms and she responding to my movement by starting to cry. 
 "It's fine", I whispered in her ear even though I knew that it wasn't. "I once had a cousin in the same age as me that lived only a block away from where we lived." I said while hugging her. "He was the only one who knew that I was getting bullied by some kids in my school and he was the one that made my parents to move to another place. He knew that I had tried to talk to the teachers and that they only had laughed at it and didn't even care. He was the best cousin ever," I whispered and felt how calm Aecha had become, still in my arms. I took a deep breath as I continued. ”He made my parents move to another place so I could start a new school. I don't know how he did it, but I know that he didn't tell them about my problems at school, because he knew that I wouldn’t want them to find out." My mind went all blank when I felt Aecha embrace me and turned her head so she could face me.
 "Continue only if you want to", She smiled weakly, and I took another deep breath. 
 "So we moved and I changed schools but couldn't see my cousin anymore because we lived to far away from each other. It was in this new school where I first met Lay, Kris, Chen, Luhan and Tao. And of course all of us became friends pretty fast. But then one day when I got home after a late football practice, my parents stood in the kitchen and told me that my cousin had died in a car accident... I didn't even say thank you to him for helping me starting over." I forced my tears back but could still feel a single one rolling down my cheek before Aecha gently it away. She had cried like I did,  but still smiled a little.
 "Thank you for trusting me," She said. "I know that it is really hard to trust someone enough to tell them their deepest secrets." I looked at her and smiled a little. I realized that I had done the right choice to tell her and suddenly I remember a thing that my cousin always had said to me. No one will ever tell you the truth, unless you give them a reason to.

(Status:Edited:)

A/N: So I just wanted to give you all this second last chapter before I'm going to a place with no internet >.< 

and before I forget again... Happy Easter -^^-