Chapter three

Found each other by chance, lasted because of fate

Chapter three

A month had passed since Xiumin and I began to know each other and I could feel how a new bond of friendship was beginning to take form. I had noticed pretty fast that he was really cute when he wanted to and that he apologized much when he was unsure of something and if he had offended someone. I had also realised early this morning, when Luhan had placed his football on his desk that Xiumin preferred to clean things rather than see them being dirty. He was probably one of the cleanest boys in our class when it came to actually throw stuff in the trash bin (instead of just letting it lay on the floor). Sometimes he also had this kind of sad aura surrounding him that made me want to just reach for his hand and hug him until he smiled again. But it also made me blush and I didn't know if he had or ever would have the same feeling for me that I had for him. I guess that it just was me wanting to have someone close to me that I could comfort instead of dwelling in my own despicable sadness.
So when I left for school that morning I thought about Xiumin and decided that I actually didn't know too much about his personal life. Today I'll try to learn more about him, I thought and with a confident nod as I got on the bus.

One hour later when I was on my way to Math class, I decided to meet up with Jisun that had been at the nurse to check up her dislocated wrist.
"Is it any better?", I asked while picking up a book that I accidentally had dropped.
"Clumsy", She said while trying to cover it up with a fake cough.
"Wouldn't you be the clumsy one since it actually is YOU that now has a dislocated wrist?", I said while hitting her with the book I just picked up.
"Aish!" She said and rubbed her arm on the place where I had hit her.
"Yes, Math hurts." I said with an ice cold tone. "Okay! I'm sorry for not helping you when you called me on the middle of the night on a Tuesday. I was really actually sleepy then and I had just twisted my wrist!" She said tired.
"Hmm... I'll forgive you then", I said with a smirk.
"Oh, my! How magnanimous of you." She said sarcastic.
"I'm sorry Jisun. You know I'm only joking. I wouldn't last a minute without you and no one knows why you still are my friend 'cuz you are soooo much better than me. I'm forever your servant... Is that good?" I asked her with a puppy face.
"Haha!" She laughed with a big smile. "But skip the puppy face and the last sentence." She nodded.
"Fine" I said dramaticly, with a smile on my face as I entered our classroom.
"Hi", Xiumin welcomed us with an adorable smile.
"Hi", I said and began to grin like an idiot with out noticing it.
"You're smiling like an idiot Aecha", Jisun kindly informed me and pinched my arm playfully.
"I do? Oh, no! I look like a total fool. Don't I?", I said and tried to hide my bright red face behind her back. "He's just so cute" I whispered with a sigh. It's like he makes me calm and really nervous at the same time. He makes me forget about time and space, but I'm still aware of every movement that anyone does and the fact that my hair probably looks like a rats nest."He makes me forget about all bad stuff that I always try to block out.'' I thought and looked at him laughing at one of Lay's jokes. I wanted his attention, but was still unsure how I would react if he would start looking at me. Does he think I'm cute? I wondered and started unconsciously to twisting a lose strand from the messy bun in my hair. Of course he doesn't! I scolded my self and hurried to let go of the strand of hairs that I was playing with. His cheeks are so cute and-
"Aecha!" Jisun whispered to me and pinched my arm again. "Stop staring! It's creepy." I rolled my eyes at her comment but decided that it was time to begin to pay more attention to the teacher instead.

"Wait Xiumin!" I shouted when class ended as he began to leave the room. He turned around and I waved at Sohee to make her understand that she and Jisun could go down to the cafeteria without me. "Wanted something?" He asked and tilted his head in a way that made him look like a lost little puppy.
"Yes", I said nervously, biting my lower-lip. "Would you want to hang out after school?" I said fast and looked at a painting that hung behind him. I could feel my cheeks burning with fiery-red and I didn't dare to move my gaze from the painting of a meadow full of pink and blue flowers.
"Sure", He said and smiled before I could jump out of the window behind me and die in embarrassment. I looked at him and felt my my heart exploding like fireworks. He didn't reject me. Right? I tried to calm myself and began to smile when I understood that he had accepted my offer. I wasn't that kind of girl that could ask out a boy with a poker face and act all cool if she got rejected. I had no idea where I got the courage to ask him out, but I would absolutely not do it again. It felt like I just had been running a million miles as I walked next to Xiumin a bit unsteady on my feet. I was so engrossed by this happy feeling that I didn't even notice the small and very round object right before me until I sabbed my foot on it and fell on my .
"Are you alright?" Xiumin asked me worried, as he hurriedly grabbed my hand to help me up.
"Yes", I said, red like a tomato and brushed off the dust on my pants. I tried to calm my nerves and began scold myself for not looking where I was walking when realized that I still held his hand. "Thanks", I said and was just going let go of his hand when I noticed the scars. They were small and probably around a dozen. "Xiumin." I said slowly with fear. "How did you get those?" I said and looked straight into his surprised dark brown eyes. "Are you nuts!" I nearly yelled at him and my mind begun to fill with memories that I had tried to erase from my mind. "Why?!" I whispered and felt tears building up on the back of my eyelids as I blinked. He looked shocked and scared at me as I stopped screaming at him. "Xiumin..." I tried again and looked at him to make him say something, but he didn't even look at me when he walked away with out a word.

(Status: Edited :)

A/N: Sooo... Well third chapter up! This is really not what I usually would write but.... Hope you liked it ^^