Chapter four

Found each other by chance, lasted because of fate

Chapter four

Why?! I wanted to scream to who ever it was that decided one's fate. Stupid pride!!! Why didn't I say something to her? Why couldn't I just tell her the truth or just... something. anything? 
I just left, her standing there and with that, I ruined the chance of us ever going to talk to each other like before. God! I totally screwed everything up. What am I even scared of? What can I do?
 "... Or what do you think Xiumin?", Lay asked me and I immediately snapped out of my inner conversation.
 "Excuse me Lay, can you say that again?" I answered him, a little embarrassed. 
 "No! Can't you at least say something  if you don’t want to listen, or else pretend that you heard?!" He said a bit angry. 
 "You should talk to her." Chen said while looking at me. 
 "What?" I said and looked shocked at him. Had he figured out what I was thinking? 
 "Are you sure?" Lay asked him. 
 "It's better to die without regrets. Even if she rejects you and it ends up in a huge fail, it means that you only have 9 more broken hearts to go until you find happiness, " Chen said, looking straight at me. 
 "Love is like coffee. Strong and bitter or sweet and tasty." Tao nodded, looking confident as he mixed up the whole proverb. 
 "You said it all wrong, Tao." Kris sighed. "Love is like coffee. Sweet when hot, bitter when cold." He recited with a little smirk. 
 "It is?" Luhan asked curious. 
 "You learn something new everyday. Right, Tao?" Lay said with a smile that any girl would fall for in only a second. "Lucky dimple guy", I muttered for myself. 
 "But mine was a lot better and easier to understand," Tao said while trying to use aegyo on Kris to make him change his mind. 
 "That won't work, Tao." Luhan said.
 "Shouldn't have said that Lulu!" Chen said with a smile when he saw Tao gazing at Luhan and giving him a look that everyone knew meant 'Never underestimate the power of cuteness’. 
 "Guys...", was the only thing I could say, as there conversation slowly pushed me out.
 "Don't mind them", Kris sat down next to me on the table. "But you should talk to her bro." Not you too Kris! I thought surprised. 
 "Sure", I said for him to stop worrying. Kris nodded and went to his seat just a split second before our teacher opened the door. How does he do it? I thought amazed, as I jumped off the table and sat down on my own chair next to Lay. 
 "Hello students!", He jumped happily and began to pass out papers to everyone. "I've decided to make you and group B that was currently working with Miss Oh, to do a group project with each other, since Miss Oh now will become Mrs Oh. Group B already knows about this and are waiting in your other class room, so I'll just go and get them and then we'll start. Please try and clean up this place before your class mates arrive. Alright boys?" He said and gave two boys, whose names I still didn't remember, a look that was scary similar to Kris 'Don't even dare to try' look. 
 "Wasn't that a typical Kris look he just did?" I asked Lay when our teacher Mr. Kim closed the door. 
 "Right?!" Lay answered "I wonder if Kris would make a good teacher..." He said and shuddered a little when he though it through. "No." We both said at the same time, determined with a smile. 
The classroom was dead quiet when the teacher opened the door, as he rose an eyebrow as he cheaked that no one was missing and nothing was broken. I wouldn't say that we actually was a really rowdy group, but when 8 boys and only 3 girls ends up in the same group, it got a bit noisy at times. 
 "Make room now", He ordered and tried to make us move from our seats to make room for the other nine girls and two boys. I tried to not look at Jisun's way when I spotted her because I knew that she wouldn't stand more than a meter away from Aecha. Mr Kim sighed when he noticed that no one would move an inch to make room for the new classmates. "Okay guys, so I will now tell you how you will be paired up for this project. Since you both recently have learned about how it was in the old Egyptians era, I want you to work in pairs, that I have made a stall, make a theater, or whatever you want to do about the word that I will give you. The pairs are," He announced, and was quiet for a few seconds, to rise the tension that was building in the room. "Lay and Luhan, Kris and Sohee, Xiumin and Aecha-” 
Well thank you soooo much, Mr Kim! It's really nice of you to pair me up with Aecha, I thought. This not going to be awkward at all. Why did I have to avoid her! Nonono! I though as I went next to her to revive our word that was written on a tiny paper arc. This is going to be so awkward...

 

 "The Pyramids", I read out loud as I looked at the big red letters that was printed on the paper. I didn't dare to look at Xiumin and immediately regretted my decision to read it out loud. Oh, my god. Why?! I though happy and bitter at the same time. 
 "Since you only have 8 days to go until you have to be finished with this project, I hope you understand that you will have to work outside school as well." Mr Kim reprimanded, and received small sighs from the students around him as they begun to complain about all football trainings and dancing competitions that they would miss out.
 "We can study at my house after school today if you want." Xiumin stated while looking at the word that we had to work with. 
 "Okay", I  hoped that Miss Oh would open the door and that she and Mr Kim would laugh at us for being fooled by such a simple lie and say "fooled you guys!". I looked at the door for some seconds and deeply hoped that someone would tell me that this all was a joke. No one came.

(Status: Edited:)

A/N: Fourth chapter up! If you didn't notice this, chapter four begins with Xiumin's pov and changes back to Aecha's in the end. Please comment if you liked this or not :)