Chapter one

Found each other by chance, lasted because of fate

Chapter one

I held my breath as I saw the boy again. I guessed that he was new in class because I didn't recognize him, but no one seemed to pay any attention so he couldn't be THAT new. Then again, everyone seemed new here . I jerked up as the teacher hit the keys on the piano, a signal for everyone to stop talking and stand up. I looked at the back of the new guy's head and whispered to my friend Jisun. "Who is he?" I said in a low voice.
"I don't know. But I don't think that he's in our class..." She whispered back, studying him.
"I know he's not in our class!", I hissed at her. "Don't you think that it would be strange if I didn't remember the faces of the 9 boys in our class?" I asked while looking straight in her eyes. She opened and was just about to say something, when our teacher began with our vocal warm-up. I knew that he wouldn't allow anyone to talk until class ended, so I decided to just keep watching the new guy from afar. The unknown guy had hazelnut brown-red hair and was pretty short compare to the other guy that was standing next to him. Not that I knew anyone that could look tall next to our so-called giant, Kris. But even though it didn't matter to me how he looked, I still was a bit disappointed that I couldn't see if he was handsome or not from my bad view. But the few times that I heard him sing I noticed that he really didn't have a bad voice.

Class flew by as I kept thinking about the new guy. The 50 minute lesson felt like only 10. When class ended Jisun and I went to our lockers and tried to find Sohee among the crowd of students. After 2 minutes, we found her in our home classroom texting with some poor boy that she soon would be bored at.
"Sohee!", I said, as I tried to make her drop her mobile, to give me enough time to ask her my question. "Hmm?", she said while looking up from the screen for a split second.
"Do you know who the new guy is? Because he's new. Right?" Jisun asked her.
"Do you mean the totally adorable guy with round and really cute cheeks?" She said, while raising a perfect shaped eyebrow.
"Umm..... I think so," I said while trying to picture the guy I saw before.
"He was here yesterday when you and Jisun were sick. I think I heard someone say that he went to China with his family and that's the reason why he didn't attend school when it started."                                                                                                                                                                                                          

Jisun looked at me and said "Anyone calling dibs?" and gave me a wink.

"Oh! By the way. Are you guys all better now?", Sohee asked us with a smile.

"Yes!" we both said at the same time and laughed.

"I can't believe that you both got sick at the same time! You left me all alone... Did you even miss me at all?" She pouted and did her ultimate puppy-face that any boy would fall for. "Of course we did" I said and pinched her cheeks. "That hurt!" she complained with a laugh.

"You better be careful Aecha! Don't forget that both Jisun and I are older than you", She said laughing while taking my pencil case and running away with it. I couldn't help but smile and began to playfully chase her.

I saw her turn to the right and idiotically I ran after her and accidentally bumped into someone so hard that I nearly fell. I stood swaying for some seconds until I had fully recovered my balance and looked at the person that I had bumped into. It was the new guy.
"I'm so sorry-" I stuttered and bowed in embarrassment.
"It's okay." He said with a small smile. He really is cute I thought to myself and became almost speechless when I looked at his face.
"Are you sure?", I asked him, hoping that there aren't any major injuries on him.                                                                                                                    

"It's totally fine", He rubbed the back of his neck. "Are you okay?", He worried and I nodded fast. "My name is Xiumin," he said and gave me his hand.

"Hi, Xiumin," I said while taking his hand and tried to not blush. "I'm Aecha. I believe that were in the same class", I said.
"Oh, I think you're right," He remembered then faced me with a big smile. "You were behind me on the choir, right?"
"Yeah", I said with a smile. Happy to see that he actually noticed me.
"There you are, Aecha!" Sohee said while running toward me. "Hi", She said when she made eye-contact with Xiumin, and gave him a big smile.
"Hi", He said politely back.
"Aecha, our class stars soon", She said while looking at me and tried hard to figure out what had happened when she was gone.
"Okay", I said. "Umm, it was really nice to meet you Xiumin", I said a little sad that our conversation already had to end. "You too, Aecha", He said with a small smile. "See you at lunch I guess", I said as he began to walk at the other classroom that the other half of our class was studying in when we had the subject History.
"Mmm. Maybe" He said with his back facing me.
"Maybe", I repeated while looking at his small figure that disappeared behind a corner.

(Status: Edited :)

 

A/N: First chapter up ^^ Hope you liked this! If you did... please comment ;)