Don't Ask Questions

Keep it Hush, Hush

Edited?
[x] no | [] yes


                I had been lying to myself in saying that I would rather be anywhere but here. In fact, I couldn’t be happier when I was led to the fifth floor and had my bags dropped by the only door in the hall. I smiled internally and thanked my grandparents for figuring it out on their own that I would much prefer to be alone, and the top floor was just one big open room.

                “Well,” tall blond boy said in his deep raspy voice. I had already forgotten his name. “Here’s your room.” He dropped my suitcases and shoved his hands in his jean pockets. I waited for him to turn around and go back to whatever he had been doing before I arrived, but he stayed rooted to his spot. I sent him a look that I hoped told him that he could leave, but instead he sent me a smile.

                “Thanks.” I said in a flat tone and placed my hand on the door handle, my hopefully cold and hostile eyes locked with his warm and welcoming ones. When he only smiled brighter, I sighed. “You can go now.” I wanted to be alone, couldn’t he see that?

                “Well aren’t you going to go in?”

                He seemed to excited for me to open the door so I sighed and turned the handle, completely set on stepping in and slamming the door in his face. But my breath caught in my throat and tears welled in my eyes as the door swung open. All of my things were sent over a few weeks ago so everything had been set up, but leave it to my grandmother to decorate my room just like it had been back in the States. The walls had been painted a pretty plush blue with all the pictures I had taken and deemed worthy of being developed hung on the walls. The king sized bed was covered in the quilt my mom and I had made together when I was twelve, and was covered in a white canopy. The desk on the far wall under the big bay window was already organized with my photo albums and binders, the closet, from what I could see from the doorway, already had most of my clothes neatly hung. A couch and two armchairs sat in front of a television, and a closed door I was sure of, led to my bathroom.

                After taking in most of the details of the room, I remembered that I still needed to breathe, and took a step into the room, my boot sinking into the plush white carpet. “Huh.” Was all I could muster as I wheeled the suitcases into the room with me.

                “You like it?” His voice startled me and I spun around to stare at him. His smile was still in place and he looked extremely pleased with himself. “My brothers and I worked really had to set the room up. Your grandma wanted us to make sure it looked perfect.”

                I glared at him. They had been through my stuff! My grandmother won’t hear the end of this. I marched back to the dark wooden door and tilted my head up to look at the boy. His name, and his ‘brothers’ names were no longer important for me to learn. “I hate it.” I said through clenched teeth and slammed the door shut.

~*~*~

                After a nice long hot bubble bath and changing into sweat pants and a tank top, I felt much more refreshed. I stepped through the French doors and onto the balcony that overlooked the front of the house. The breeze picked up my hair that was still wet from the bath and tossed it around. From up here, the world seemed so small compared to how it actually was. It was so quiet despite the birds happily chirping in the distance as they glided across the pink sky. The sun was setting and the air was quiet and I knew I would savour this moment for as long as I could. It wasn’t very often that I got a moment of complete peace.

                “Yuri!” A voice shouted from inside. I didn’t recognize it as either of my grandparents, so I slowly turned around, wishing I had a weapon on my that I could protect myself with. When I stepped into the room soft brown eyes locked with mine and crinkled cutely at the corners as his lips formed a smile. “I knocked but when I got no answer I was worried. I hope you aren’t made that I barged in like this.”

                I couldn’t help the small smile that formed; he was too cute for his own good. He had to be younger than I was because there was no way that he could be in his twenties. “That’s quite alright,” I replied as I tossed my towel over the back of my desk chair, “What is that you need?”

                The boy gasped in surprise as if remembering why he was up here. “Grandma had me come get you. Dinner is ready!” He pushed the door open wider and stepped aside, already knowing that I would follow him down. My grandparents were firm believers that meal times were to be spent with family no matter what. They always said that it was an hour spent away from your own little world and to connect with you loved ones; a time to share in harmony and happiness. I stepped through the doorway and followed the boy down the staircase. Deciding it wouldn’t hurt to be kind to him, I fell into step beside him as we descended.

                “Thanks for hiking up here to get me…” I trailed off, hoping he’d get the hint that I was asking for his name. I couldn’t remember if all the boys had given me their names or not. I surely didn’t know who’d brought my luggage up for me.

                “Oh! It’s Kai, and no need to thank me at all.” The boy looked at me and smiled just as we made it the main floor, the clatter and chatter in the dining room the only noise left in the house. I nodded and sent a small smile back, promising that at least his name I wouldn’t forget.

                “There you two are. I didn’t think you’d come down so willingly, Yuri.” My grandfather teased as I walked through the doorway.

                My grandmother rushed in past me, a covered platter of food in her hands. “Of course she would come,” she stated as she pulled out a chair for me to sit, “She understands the rules of this house very well.” Her beaming smile prevented me from rolling my eyes, and instead of arguing and telling her that I would have preferred my meal upstairs, I plopped down in the seat between the tall blond that had shown me my room, his smile still in place, and a dark brown haired boy, his cat like eyes gleaming with happiness. I huffed, I really needed to learn everyone’s names if I was going to have to spend about three hours a day with them.

                “Kris,” the tall blond whispered to me as everyone got settled in their seats.

                “Xiumin,” the other boy beside me whispered. It was as if they had read my mind and could feel my frustration. I sent a smile to both of them, but said nothing in return.

                After everyone had food on their plate and they were all enjoying the pasta grandma had made, my grandfather finally spoke up. “Yuri,” he called from the head of the table, everyone looked at him but I continued to eat, not looking up. “Tell me, how was your flight?”

                I shrugged. “It was long.” My grandmother sighed loudly as she wiped with a napkin. I could feel her disappoint that I wasn’t so willing to talk like I had been before. I sighed loudly in return as stared at her. “I slept most of the flight anyway.” My grandmother nodded in return taking another bite of food.

                No one spoke for a while, and just as I was about to excuse myself from the table to go back to my room, a blond hair boy sitting closest to my grandfather spoke. “So Yuri,” his aloof tone of voice made me look up, and from his facial expression, I knew I wasn’t going to like what he was going to say. “We’ve heard so much about you,” my grandfather shifted uncomfortably, “but there’s one thing I’m sure my brothers are also curious about,” my grandmother glared, “how come no one talks about your mom and dad? I mean, your grandparents’ love you to death but—.”

                “Suho!” My grandparents yelled at the same time, their facial expressions both a mix of anger and sadness. But they turned to surprise when I slowly placed my fork down and stood up.

                “Suho,” his name felt like poison on my tongue. The table had gone completely silent as I pushed my chair in and sent him an ice cold look. “Know your place and keep your unwanted questions to yourself.” With that I walked out of the room and up the staircase to my room, my eyes burning with tears that I will never let out. 


Did you miss me? Heuheuheu

Well I'm alive and well and asagdf. Here's a chapter and stuff. Go me!

Well,i hope you enjoyed it ever though 100% of you don't remember what's going on because i didn't. 
Author of the year goes to me obviously.
Anyway,
See you in the next chapter that won't take two yeas to write C: