Chapter 5

Don't Forget Me

The homeroom teacher soon arrived just after Seon Yi and the others went back to their classroom. His name is Park Jin Young but most of the students call him Mr. JYP because he and Jooyeon's brother Jr. have the same name.

"Good morning!" He greeted with a smile.

The students stood up and greeted him as well. "Good morning sir!" They said in unison with a bow then they went back to their seats.

"Before I deliver my speech let me introduce the new members of our family first." He said. Mr. JYP is a person with a good sense of humor which is why he is very likeable.

Yoongi came in and stood in front. Murmurs like 'Isn't he that guy from that incident last year?', 'He seems familiar' and 'He was the one who disrespected JB' immediately started to fill the room.

Seon Yi was paralyzed. She could not take having him in the same school, even more being in the same class with him. Jooyeon saw the shock on Seon Yi's face while JB was kind of irritated that Suga will be their classmate.

"Introduce yourself." Mr. JYP said.

Yoongi scratched his head in embarassment. He did not like these kind of things wherein he felt uncool. "Uhm, good morning." He began. "I'm Min Yoongi." Then he gave a quick bow which caused the students to laugh.

"Aww, he's cute." One said.

"He seems harmless." Another said.

"Okay, Yoongi, take a seat beside that guy at the back." Mr. JYP instructed and proceeded. "Oh, and welcome back JB."

"Thank you sir." JB said as Yoongi passed by him.

"You're welcome. Also, let us welcome Park Jimin and Wang Jackson in our class. Let's congratulate them from making it to Class A from Class B."

The whole class clapped. Yoongi sat beside the student named Jimin.

"Wow. A genius." Yoongi said upon getting his seat as Mr. JYP continued with his set of reminders.

"I'm not." Jimin laughed.

"I'm Yoongi."

"Jimin."

"So you're new to this class too?"

"Yeah."

Mr. JYP finished speaking and said goodbye to the class. Before leaving the room, he asked Seon Yi to come to the Faculty Room. Seon Yi stood up right away and followed Mr. JYP.

"May I help you with something sir?" Seon Yi asked.

"I heard you know that new student?" He asked.

Seon Yi suddenly became nervous. "Uhm, there was an incident last year sir, where he tried to invade the school."

"Ahh, I knew it!"

"Knew what sir?" Seon Yi was confused.

Mr. JYP sighed. "He came from DNHA and you know the reputation of that school, right? When I saw that he was from there, I was worried that he might cause trouble in our school and even influence other students to do so."

"Did you tell the principal about it sir?"

"I did but he said that Yoongi passed the entrance exam so he was accepted. The principal also said that we should take Yoongi as a challenge to test if we can really perform our jobs as educators." He looked at Seon Yi and said, "To do what the principal wants, I could really use your help Seon Yi."

"What?" Seon Yi suddenly said out loud. "I'm sorry sir, but I don't really know how I can help you."

"Well, I'd like you to look out for him. Make sure he does not do anything that is against the rules. I think that's the only thing we can do now."

Seon Yi sighed. "I'll do my best sir."

"Thank you Seon Yi. You may go back to class now."

Just as she was about to leave, Seon Yi went back to ask something. "Sir,"

Mr. JYP turned to her. "Yes?"

"I was just wondering... how did Yoongi get to Class A?"

"Surprisingly, he got the highest score among all the students who took the entrance exam last year."

In desperation, she asked again, "Are you sure that he did not cheat?"

Mr. JYP chuckled, "I don't think that's possible Seon Yi. We change the exam items every year. No one except me, Ms. Yoo In Na and the principal knows whats in the exam. I doubt that cheating or a leakage would happen."

"I'm sorry sir. Thank you." She bowed and left.


Seon Yi went back to her classroom. She sat down and buried her face in her hands.

"Are you okay?" Jooyeon asked.

She looked up and nodded. Suddenly, she felt her cellphone vibrate. She saw that there was a message from JB which said, 'Are you okay?' She sighed. Seon Yi did not like the concern they showed because it felt as if they were pitying her. She ignored the message and turned to her left to avoid JB's glances, but her eyes accidentally met with Yoongi's. She quickly looked away as her heart began to beat faster. She gave a deep sigh and wiped her face with her two hands. "This is making me crazy." She said before dropping her head on the table.


When dismissal time came, Seon Yi went straight to the Student Council Office with Jin and Youngjae. Jooyeon was worried about her but she thought that, for now, it would be best to just let her be.

"What's wrong with her?" Yoongi approached Jooyeon.

"I don't know." Jooyeon said. They were both leaving when she turned and said, "Oh, and would you please stop talking to me so casually as if were friends."

"I'm sorry." Yoongi chuckled. "In that case, I would like to introduce myself. I'm Suga." He held out his hand and Jooyeon shook it.

"I'm Jooyeon." She said. Jooyeon knew Yoongi wanted to get on her good side, she thought of giving him a chance.

Jimin, who was standing next to Yoongi, suddenly spoke. "And I'm Jimin."

Both Yoongi and Jooyeon was surprised by the sudden intrusion. "Oh, hi." Jooyeon said reluctantly. "I need to go now. It was nice meeting the two of you."

"I expect that we could be friends from now on." Yoongi shouted as Jooyeon walked away.

"Me too." Jimin said.

"I'll think about that." She answered without turning to them.

When Jooyeon was already gone, Yoongi looked at Jimin and asked, "You like her, don't you?"

"I do." Jimin said as if it's a natural thing. "So don't make a move on her. She's mine."

Yoongi hit Jimin on the head. "I got it. Let's go."


As JB, along with Mark, Jackson, Jr. Bambam, and Yugyeom, walked the hallways, they met with Youngjae. "Are you done?"

"Yeah. Seon Yi only talked to us about a couple of things. Should we go now?" Youngjae said.

"Is Seon Yi still there?" JB asked again.

"I think so."

JB smiled. "Go on without me." He patted Youngjae's back and quickly left.

"Ahh, love!" Jackson said. The others just sighed and shook their heads.


Seon Yi was on her way out when JB got there. "Are you going home now?" He asked.

"Yeah." Seon Yi said.

"Let's go home together."

She sighed. "Whatever you want JB."

"Why are you in a very bad mood?" JB pouted. "I wanted to come back soon because I really missed you. I thought you would be happy to see me but I haven't even seen you smile all day."

Seon Yi felt guilty. Here is a very nice guy who wanted nothing but to see her smile when he got back and she could not even give it to him. "I'm sorry JB." She said.

"Should I just go back to LA?" He asked just to see how she would react.

Seon Yi smiled. She knew he was playing with her. "Sure. I'll even go to the airport to bid you goodbye."

"Ouch. That hurts." JB said, making Seon Yi laugh.

While they were walking, Yoongi and Jimin saw them. They were on opposite sides of the road but Yoongi's glare was definitely felt by JB and Seon Yi. They turned and saw Yoongi staring at them. They were all frozen for a couple of seconds before Yoongi turned and walked away.