Chapter 4

Don't Forget Me

School has opened again and Seon Yi is finally entering her junior year. Before the last school year ended, the students had already voted for the upcoming school year’s Student Council Officers. Seon Yi was so excited because she won the position for the Student Council President. She was glad that all her hard work was recognized.

“Good morning pres!” The new student council officers, along with Seon Yi’s friends, shouted when she arrived at school.

“What is this?” Seon Yi seemed really happy as she looked up at the huge banner hanging in front of the school which wrote ‘Congratulations President Seon Yi!’

“Did you like it?” Jooyeon asked.

“You planned it. Did you?” Seon Yi asked.

“Who else would plan it? I’m your only best friend, right?” Jooyeon locked her arm with Seon Yi's and began walking towards the banner.

Seon Yi stood underneath the banner and took her phone from her pocket. She took a picture of the banner and said afterwards, “Take this down soon, okay.” Then she began to ascend the stairs.

“Why?” The whole student council, with a big participation of Jooyeon, whined.

Seon Yi stopped and turned to them. “Because, it’s embarrassing.”

“Why? I think it’s good.” A voice behind them said. Seon Yi, Jooyeon and all the officers turned. “Congratulations Pres.” He smiled and made his way through the crowd. They all looked at him in surprise. He was about to pass Seon Yi when she suddenly blocked his way.

“Where do you think you’re going?” She asked.

He looked around to see if there was someone else she was talking to.

“I’m talking to you, Min Yoongi.”

He pointed to his chest as if to be innocent. He chuckled and said, “This is a school right? I guess I’m going to school.”

She looked at him from up to down and saw that he was wearing the complete school uniform of BHA. Seon Yi was confused that she had to ask, “Did you ask someone to make that uniform for you?”

“Of course not! Are you done checking me out? I have to go to the Faculty Room.” He said.

“Oh, okay.” Seon Yi said, still in a daze. “I’m not imagining things right? That’s Yoongi.” She asked Jooyeon.

“Yes, that’s Yoongi.” Jooyeon said.

After hearing that, Seon Yi began walking and put her hand on her forehead as if she was having a headache. Numerous thoughts entered her head as she tried to process what was happening. She put her hand down and looked at Jooyeon who was standing beside her.

“Are you okay?” Jooyeon asked.

“I’m doomed.”

“What?” Jooyeon said almost in a laugh.

“I’m doomed. How would I study with him around? How would I do my job as the president? I won’t be at peace. Seeing him will surely bother me. What do I do?”

“Hey, calm down! Don’t be so dramatic. You should not be bothered by him. Show him that you're over him. I’m here for you Seon Yi. Don’t let him defeat you.”

Seon Yi seemed to be shaken back to reality by Jooyeon’s speech. “You’re right. But honestly, I'm a bit worried.”

“You’ll be fine. I will try to help you in any way I can and by the way, I heard someone’s coming back.”

“What? Who?” Seon Yi asked, completely clueless.

As if on cue, music suddenly played as seven guys entered. Everyone was surprised that they turned to where the sound was coming from. Seon Yi rolled her eyes when she saw that it was the school’s infamous group from the performing arts club – they call them GOT7.

(Swagger like me, I'm about to blow your mind Turn it up)


Hello, is anyone there?

Just for a second, look at me

Hello, listen up

The guys who aren’t a joke, have arrived


It’s the new beginning we gonna take it over

All my ladies, put your hands up high

Hello, everyone focus here, I’m like

Gonna tease your ears, Ya feel me?


People tell me I’m little different (you know)

I’m little different

Just come to me, come to me now

Don’t think about anything (I know)

You won’t regret

Just come to me, come to me now


Hello, hello hello

Ask ask, you are curious about me

Hello, hello hello

Listen listen, listen up

Hello, hello hello

Ask ask, are you curious about me?


We’re the new hot burning high quality thing, it’s us (stand up!)

We are ready to shake you up


Hello, is anyone there?

I’m so hot hot hot, I hear

Hello, don’t need a word

You are a bad girl good girl, doesn’t matter


Don’t take a peak at me

Don’t try to measure me like irony

Hello, I’m a bit superior

Since I was born, I’ve been different than others


People tell me I’m little different (you know)

I’m little different

Just come to me, come to me now

Don’t think anything (I know)

You won’t regret

Just come to me, come to me now


Hello, hello hello

Ask ask, you are curious about me

Hello, hello hello

Listen listen, listen up

Hello, hello hello

Ask ask, are you curious about me?

We’re the new hot burning high quality thing, it’s us (stand up!)

We are ready to shake you up


Posture petite back, and relaxed, hat always backwards

Uncomfortable suits & ties come in later

Posture petite back, and relaxed, hat always backwards

Uncomfortable suits & ties come in later


Hello, hello hello

Ask ask, you are curious about me

Hello, hello hello

Listen listen, listen up

Hello, hello hello

Ask ask, are you curious about me?


We’re the new hot burning high quality thing, it’s us (stand up!)

We are ready to shake you up


The group danced and sang while proceeding through the hallways. When they reached the place where Seon Yi stood, they stopped and took the time to perform in front of her. She smirked and turned off the music which came from the stereo that one of the students was carrying. Everyone was saddened.

“Why did you stop it?” Someone shouted.

“It’s noisy. This is a school, not a club.” Seon Yi said. A bunch of ‘oohs’ were heard from the students.

A guy emerged from the middle and bowed to Seon Yi then he looked up and smiled at her. “I’m sorry for what we did. I just thought that maybe we should welcome the school year with a fun performance. That is to congratulate you too as the new Student Council President, but I was a bit sad though since I did not get a welcome banner, even just a small one.”

“And who are you?” Yoongi, out of the blue, appeared behind Seon Yi.

“Oh, my name is Im Jae Bum, but you can call me JB.” JB, GOT7’s leader, held out his hand but Yoongi did not take it.

“I’m Min Yoongi, but you should call me Suga. Only Seon Yi here is allowed to call me Yoongi.”

“What?” Seon Yi glared at Yoongi.

“Oh, you know each other?” JB asked.

“No!” Seon Yi said simultaneously along to Yoongi’s, “Yes!”

“Ugh!” Seon Yi was frustrated then she noticed that all of the students were staring at them. “Everyone, go back to your respective classrooms.” She turned to Yoongi and said, “I thought you were going to the Faculty Room?”

“I was going to ask you where it is when this guy along with his parade appeared.” Yoongi said.

“I’m sorry, but do you have a problem with me?” JB asked, still smiling though.

“Jin, will you please show him where the Faculty Room is?” Seon Yi said, trying to avoid a riot.

“Sure.” Jin, the current Vice – President, nodded. “Follow me.”

Yoongi stared at JB for a moment and smirked before leaving. When they were gone, Seon Yi kept walking while Jooyeon and JB followed her.

“Who was that?” JB asked Seon Yi but she did not answer, so he turned to Jooyeon and asked her the same question. Jooyeon, however, just shrugged her shoulders and hurried towards Seon Yi. “I was not gone for long. What did I miss?” He asked in annoyance.

Youngjae, still the Treasurer and is also a member of GOT7, walked beside JB. “I think they know each other from way back then, but Seon Yi would not tell us anything about him.”

JB stopped walking and looked at Youngjae. “I told you to look after her right?”

Youngjae laughed. “I told you, he’s probably from way back then – way back when you did not exist in her life yet.” As expected, a wise answer from him.

“Whatever, Youngjae.” JB said and s laughed.

“Hey, Jinyoung! Go to your classroom.” Jooyeon shouted upon seeing Jr. (whose real name is Jinyoung), also a member of GOT7, still talking with the others.

“All right! I’m going.” Jr. scratched his head. “Let’s go Bambam and Yugyeom or big sister will keep on bothering me.”

Mark, another member of GOT7, put his arm on JB’s shoulders and said, “Let’s go to class too!”

“I’m sure you missed it a lot.” Jackson, also a member, said sarcastically.

“Not sure about that, what I know is that I missed Seon Yi.” JB said.

“Aww, so cheesy.” The others teased and laughed.