Chapter 1

Don't Forget Me

Min Yoongi stared at his bedroom window, looking at the clear blue sky. It was a bright and sunny day. He just got out of the hospital and he was glad to wake up in his own room again. Even if he was gone for a couple of months, nothing changed in his room, even the scent. It all brings back memories - memories of the time when they were together.

He went out of his room and went straight to the kitchen, where he knew he would find his aunt. "Good morning, auntie!" He greeted cheerfully.

"You're already awake." She wiped her hands on her apron. "You can still rest if you want to. You know that you don't have to go to school."

"Thanks auntie, but can I go out today? I really missed being outside."

His aunt looked at him. "The doctor said that you still need to rest."

"I know, but staying at the hospital made me feel so lonely. It was boring and depressing. I need to interact with other people. Please?" He said dramatically.

"Are you going to meet your friends?" She asked.

"No."

"Then where are you going?" His aunt seemed puzzled.

"I'll just go for a walk."

His aunt eyed him, thinking that he was lying then she sighed and said, "Fine, you can go but don't stay out too late, okay?"

"Who am I? Cinderella?" He laughed. "You worry too much. I'll be fine."

Yoongi was getting ready to leave when his aunt called out. "Wait, eat breakfast first!"

"Thanks auntie, but I need to hurry." And then he was gone.


As the student council Vice - President, Shin Seon Yi goes to school early to do her usual rounds then she goes to the other student council officers to remind them of their tasks. When she was done, she goes back to their classroom to prepare for the class. As she was reading, Lee Jooyeon suddenly arrived, running. "Seon Yi!" Jooyeon called.

Seon Yi was surprised. "Jooyeon, don't worry. It's still early. You're not yet late."

"It's not that." Jooyeon approached her as she tried to catch her breath. "One of the officers, Youngjae asked me to tell you to go to the school gate right now. They have a situation there."

Seon Yi was going to ask Jooyeon what was happening when their classmates ran to the windows and looked outside. She immediately stood up and went to the gate with Jooyeon following beside her.

"What's with the commotion?" Seon Yi asked as Youngjae jogged towards her.

"An outsider is forcing himself in. We tried closing the gates but he went over the wall instead."

"What? Who does that? What does he want anyway?" Seon Yi was irritated.

"He said he wanted to talk to you."

"Me?" Seon Yi looked around and a familiar face, not belonging to her schoolmates, came into view. "Yoongi?" Her eyes widened in disbelief.

"Seon Yi!" He walked to her with a big smile on his face.

She was confused. She took a step back and asked, "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see you." He said, still grinning.

"Now that you already saw me, could you please go? You're causing trouble here and because of you, we're all going to be late for class." Seon Yi was obviously not the slightest bit happy to see him.

"Oh," He felt hurt. "I'm sorry. I'll just go then." He smiled. "It was nice seeing you though." Yoongi left and the officers closed the gate.

"Thanks!" Jin, the Secretary, suddenly appeared beside her.

Seon Yi just smiled and gave him a pat on the shoulder before leaving.

On their way back to their classroom, Jooyeon was quietly deep in thoughts. "Hey, what's wrong?" Seon Yi asked.

Jooyeon turned to her. "How could you be so rude to such a cute guy? Who is he anyway? He's so familiar."

"If I were you, I would worry about the article deadlines instead."

"Ah! I remember!" Jooyeon snapped her fingers. "He was your boyfriend. The guy you told me about."

Seon Yi rolled her eyes. "For the nth time Jooyeon, he was never my boyfriend. We never went on a real date to begin with. And please, I really don't want to talk about it or him right now."

Jooyeon pouted, but she knew better than to mess with Seon Yi about such things."I'm sorry." She said.


After classes, Seon Yi went to the student council office. The school year was nearing its end and she had so many things to do. She was so busy recently because she wanted to finish the things she needed to do before the exam period and so that she wouldn't have to rush them. The sun was about to set when she decided to go home. Good thing I didn't ask Jooyeon to wait for me or she would have died of hunger. Seon Yi smiled at the thought as she passed the school gate.

"You seem happy." Someone suddenly spoke. Seon Yi turned to see who it was and saw Yoongi leaning at the wall.

"What are you still doing here?" She asked.

"Can we please talk?" He said, approaching her.

"It's late, I need to go home." Seon Yi began to leave when he grabbed her wrist.

"You know that I got into an accident, right?"

Seon Yi pulled her arm from his grip and he willingly let go. She stood there, not looking at him. "I heard."

"I forgot so many things that happened. The doctor did not see anything wrong in my brain so he said that it was probably because of the trauma and that my memories would come back after some time.” He turned to her. “When I woke up, I wondered why you never came to visit me. I asked my friends and they told me that you already said goodbye.” He looked into her eyes, but she avoided it. “What happened Seon Yi?”

"I'm sorry Yoongi, but I really need to go." Seon Yi said, then she left.