Prologue

Don't Forget Me

It was snowing hard that day. It was cold - so cold like her feelings for him now. She thought about it so hard that she could not think of it anymore, so she decided. That morning, she called to meet him. He asked why but she just insisted without answering his question.

When she got to his house, he was already outside waiting for her. A sad smile crossed her face, he probably could not see through it. She went to him and he asked, "Why did you want to meet here? It's so cold." He hissed as the chilly wind caused him to shiver.

"It is rather cold today, isn't it?" She forced a smile.

He sensed that there was something wrong so he went on and asked her directly. "What is it that you wanted to talk about? Should we go inside?"

"No, it's fine. I won't be staying anyway." She said.

Staying. He felt somewhat nervous, although he did not know why.

"Yoongi," Her voice was cracked. "You always knew how I felt for you right?"

"I do." He said with a tinge of sadness.

She smiled but her eyes started to fill with tears. "For three years, I've always felt the same. Even though we never were together, I waited and hoped that someday we will be." A tear fell. She looked away as she wiped it with her finger. "But I'm so tired now, Yoongi. I'm so tired. I can't keep reaching for your hand when you won't take it... so I'll just stop."

He shook his head. "What are you saying?"

"Starting today, you don't have to worry about me." She looked at him. "I'll stop texting you, calling you, caring for you, thinking about you, wondering where you are, missing you," She paused. "And I'll stop loving you."

His eyes suddenly seemed lifeless. Part of him was very angry and part of him was so hurt. He turned away for he did not want their eyes to meet. Every word she said pierced through him and went straight to his heart - it hurt, so much that another word from her might cause him a heart attack.

He did not know what to say. He struggled to find the right words to tell her what he feels, but what can he say when she had already decided?

"Goodbye, Yoongi." She finally said it. The words he dreaded to hear. And as if it was not enough, she continued, "I hope you don't forget me." At that, she left, leaving her words hanging in the thin air that's surrounding him.

He stood there staring at the spot where she was just a while ago. His gaze fell on the ground of snow beneath him and saw her footprints. He followed it with his eyes as its path led farther and farther from him. He watched its traces slowly being covered by the snow falling from the sky and dissapearing.

He went back inside the house and closed the door slowly behind him. His friends, who came to visit him that day, looked at him with worry. His right hand crawled to his chest and he gripped it as if to be in great pain - for he was. He fell on his knees and began to cry. When he felt like he could not contain it anymore, he cried even harder. No, Seon Yi... He thought. I hope you don't forget me.