Chapter 2

Don't Forget Me

Jooyeon quickly followed Seon Yi, trying to keep up with her fast pace. "Seon Yi! Slow down!" Jooyeon shouted as she fell behind, but Seon Yi continued to walk fast.

They finally got to their classroom and Seon Yi went straight to her seat which was at the second column from the back and at the second row. She placed her books on her table with a loud drop. "I told you I don't want to talk about it, right?" She sat down and fumbled through her backpack, looking for her earphones.

Jooyeon picked up the earphones resting beside Seon Yi's books and held it in front of her face. Seon Yi glared at her and grabbed it. "I don't understand why you hate him so much? He came to see you again yesterday but you still did not talk to him." Jooyeon said, standing beside the table next to Seon Yi's seat.

Seon Yi lifted an eyebrow. "Yesterday, did you tell him that I was still here?"

Realizing that she said something that she should not have, Jooyeon just smiled and sat down. Her seat was at the first row and at the same column as Seon Yi's. She took her phone and acted busy.

"Hey, Lee Jooyeon!" Seon Yi called, but Jooyeon kept pretending not to hear her.

"What's happening?" Jin arrived and took his seat which was next to Seon Yi.

Seon Yi ignored his question and put on her earphones. The least she wanted was to have another person asking her about Yoongi.

"What's wrong?" Jin asked Jooyeon, but she did not answer him as well. He asked their other seatmates but they just shrugged their shoulders.


At lunch time, Seon Yi expected that Jooyeon would not ask about Yoongi anymore after what happened that morning, but it was Jin who kept bothering her.

"So, who was that guy yesterday?" Jin asked, grinning. Jooyeon eyed him but he still did not get that he should not be asking about it. "What?" He asked and Jooyeon gave up.

"Hi, guys!" Youngjae, the student council treasurer, arrived.

"Hi!" Each of them greeted.

Youngjae was about to start eating when he spoke as if he just remembered something. "Oh, Seon Yi, I wanted to ask you, who was that guy yesterday?"

"I have been asking her the same question." Jin said.

Seon Yi looked at Youngjae then to Jin. She stared at both of them for a moment before she stood up and left.

"Did I say something wrong?" Youngjae asked.

"Apparently, you did." Jooyeon said and they went back to eating.


That day, no one dared to talk to Seon Yi. It was very clear that she was in a bad mood although they did not really understand why. After classes, she went straight to the student council office to do some paperworks and when it was getting late, she went home.

The sky was already turning into a tint of orange as she made her way out of the school. When she already got to the school gate, she turned to the right and saw Yoongi leaning at the same spot where she saw him yesterday. However, he was busily flipping through the songs in his phone that he did not notice Seon Yi. She took a deep breath and continued walking, hoping to escape.

"Oh, Seon Yi!" Yoongi quickly put his phone in his pocket and followed her.

"What do you want?" She asked, not caring to turn and look at him.

"I want to talk to you." He said.

"What is there to talk about?"

"So many."

She suddenly turned around and faced him. He was surprised that he immediately stopped walking. "Stop following me. If you don't, I'll scream."

"W-What?" Yoongi asked.

"Seriously. If you don't stop following me, I'll scream." Seon Yi inhaled deep to get ready to shout but Yoongi grabbed her and covered . She forced and took his hand off.

He stepped back and said, "Fine, I'll go." He shook his head and left.

Seon Yi thought that it was a bit easy to make him leave but Yoongi seemed really pissed off. She did not want to think about it though.


The following day, Yoongi still went to see her after school. It was like that the day after and the next, and the next, and the next few more. She continued to ignore and argue with him, avoiding his request to talk, but she finally got tired and decided to give him what he wanted so that he would stop.

As she expected that afternoon, he was there waiting for her. She approached him herself and said, "Let's talk."

They went to a park nearby and sat at one of the green benches. Seon Yi put her books on her lap and gave a deep sigh before asking, "What is it that you wanted to talk about so badly?"

"I'm sorry for bothering you, but..." Yoongi spotted the ice cream vendor and shifted the conversation. He enthusiastically asked her, "Oh, do you want an ice cream?"

"What?" Seon Yi turned to the direction he was looking and saw the vendor. "Oh, sure."

Yoongi stood up and went to the ice cream vendor. He bought two of strawberry and chocolate combination, then he went back to the bench where Seon Yi sat. He handed her one and she smiled faintly. He still remembers her favorite flavors. They were both quiet for a while after that.

Seon Yi suddenly felt awkward. It has been a long while since she was with him that she did not know how to be with him anymore - or maybe she knew but she simply did not want to act like it. She became more calm as they sat there watching the sun set. "I haven't eaten ice cream in a while." Seon Yi said.

Yoongi looked at her. "Why? Are you maintaining your figure for your boyfriend?" He laughed.

"I don't have a boyfriend." Seon Yi said, not looking at him.

He smiled and said, "Were you waiting for me?"

"Don't even go there, Yoongi. You're going to ruin my mood."

"I'm sorry." He chuckled. "Thanks for finally talking to me."

She turned to him. "What do you want to talk about, anyway?"

"Nothing. Really." He laughed. "I don't know. I wanted to see you and talk to you but I don't really know what to say when you do."

Seon Yi suddenly felt sad. She missed him, so much that she could take back everything she said before, but it's not that easy. She looked straight ahead. She did not want to see his eyes, those eyes that seem to compel her everytime she stared at them.

"They said that you already left me. I laughed at what they said and told them that you would never do that, but when you never showed up at the hospital, I knew it was true. I thought so hard to know the reason, but I can't think of any. I don't want to know anyway." He laughed. "I asked the doctor why I can't remember that, he said that I was probably suppressing it. He said that I was lucky to be alive and that I should just focus on the here and now with the hope that my memories will all come back soon." He faced Seon Yi and she looked at him as well. He smiled, sweetly and sincerely that she knew she could not doubt what he will say next, and he said, "I told him that I don't need those memories back if it won't bring you back to me."

"Yoongi..." Seon Yi did not know what to say. She was touched.

"For the past few days, I endured long hours waiting for you after school. Endurance does pay big time." He laughed. "Seon Yi, right now, there isn't anything that I wouldn't do to be with you. I know that it's not that easy, but will you please give me a chance?"

Seon Yi opened and she was surprised that what came out was, "I'm sorry Yoongi." His cheerful expession changed. She stood up and started walking away. As expected, he did not follow her. She hugged her books tightly and began to walk faster as tears started to fill her eyes.