2.

Love Melodies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jungkook was at a cafe near his school waiting for the girl his father had set him up with. He had ordered a glass of mocha frappe and was playing with his phone when a shadow fell upon him, "Jungkook ssi?"

Jungkook looked up and was greeted by a girl with long straight hair, "Hanbyul?"

The girl nodded her head before taking a seat in front of Jungkook. The date went on for the next 30 minutes and all Jungkook did was listen to the girl talk about herself. After an hour or so, Jungkook checked his phone. It was already 7 at night and he was already tired from listening to the girl.

"I'm sorry Hanuel ssi," Jungkook cut her off.

"It's Hanbyul," she sounded annoyed.

"Yeah whatever. Look, I have something on and if you could excuse me, I'll take my leave right now," Jungkook stood up, left some cash for the drinks and hurriedly left the cafe.

 

The blind dates went on for the rest of the week. Jungkook had met all five girls and yet none of them were to his liking. His father had given him an earful for leaving some of his dates behind and to be honest, he really didn't care about them.

"Look son; just meet this one girl. I'm sure that you'd like her."

"You said the same thing the last time and look at where we are right now."

"Just meet this one. She's my best friend's daughter," said Mr Jeon.

"Wait, you have a best friend?" Interrupted Jungkook, "Ouch!"

Mr Jeon hit his son's head with a brochure, before he continued, "As I was saying, I’ve met her before and she's a sweet girl. If things work out between you two, I'll promise to get you your own apartment."

Jungkook thought hard about his father's offer before coming to an agreement, "With a private dance studio and a recording studio too."

"Don't push it son."

"But dad!"

"We'll talk about this again after you’ve met the girl."

Jungkook groaned as he took off his hat and ruffled his hair, "Fine. When and where?"

"This Sunday. My friend's having a birthday party and he invited us."

--

Over at Bangtan’s shared apartment, the boys were all sprawled across the living room as they watched an old episode of The Return of Superman which Suga had previously recorded. The seen boys cooed at the cute actions done by the four kids. The episode they were watching was the one where all the kids and fathers gather together for the first time.

"That Junu kid is good looking for his age," J-Hope commented.

"Look at Sarang and Haru craving for his attention!" Jin laughed at the scene they were watching.

Once the show came to an end, the boys gather together and ate some fried rice cooked by Jin himself. Everyone was eating deliciously except for one. His mind was too preoccupied by the thoughts of meeting the daughter of his father's so called best friend.

"What's wrong with him?" Jimin whispered to V.

V shrugged his shoulders and continued eating his bowl of fried rice.

Being the 'mother' of the group, J-Hope stopped eating and questioned the maknae, "Ya Jeon Jungkook, is there something wrong with you?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter