3.

Love Melodies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The next day, Jungkook was the first one to reach the classroom. He sat at his desk as he played with his phone. Moments later, Gyuwon came in from the back door and soon the empty class was filled with an awkward tension. It was evident that Gyuwon was still affected by what Jungkook said last night. She was not happy by what Jungkook had said but then again, there's nothing she could do about it. He is part of Bangtan and believe it or not, they rule the school although not entirely. 

The stillness of the class was broken by their fellow classmates who were busy talking amongst themselves while looking at their phones.

"Daebak!" The two heard a girl exclaim, "Is this true? So his father is the CEO of that company?"

"I can't believe this is actually happening!" Jungkook watched from the corner as the other students talked amongst them.

"Ya Gyuwon ah! Have you read the news? Is it true?" This time round, it was Yoonjin who burst into the classroom with a newspaper in her hands.

Gyuwon was confused as to why everyone was looking at her that way. She had no idea what they were talking about and by the looks of it; it didn't seem like good news. Soon, a small crowd was gathering at Gyuwon's desk.

"Is there something going on between you and the new kid?" Yoonjin pointed at Jungkook.

"New kid and I? There's clearly nothing going on with the both of us," Gyuwon replied loud and clear just so that Jungkook could hear it.

"Well then the media thinks otherwise. Look at these!" Everyone shoved their phones, tablets, iPad and the newspaper at the class president.

Gyuwon eyes widen in shock as she read the headlines, "You're joking right?"

At the same time, Jungkook received a call from Jin, "Ya Jungkook! You have got to read the news! You're all over the papers and television!"

"Me? Hyung, what are you talking about?" Jungkook raised his voice, "What news? Wait, where are you? I'll see you guys there."

Jungkook got out of his seat and pushed his way out of the classroom. Students whispered amongst themselves as soon as they saw Jungkook at the hallways. Jungkook ignored them as he fastened his pace. He had finally found the older boys who were gathered in front of the flat screen TV.

"Excuse me," Jungkook pushed himself through the crowds before stopping next to V.

"Look man! You made it to the news!" V pointed out.

"The CEO of Big Hit Entertainment had announced that his 17 year old son will be marrying the daughter of KBS' Head of Department for Entertainment, who is of the same age," said the announcer, "Pictures of the two teenagers seen together were recently uploaded on the different SNS portals. In other news, Big Hit had announced that they will be holding a joint conference with the broadcasting company to further clarify this big announcement."

Jungkook had no idea what his father just did and needed answers, now. Jungkook got away from the crowd and made his way back to his classroom. Without any delays, Jungkook took his phone out and dialled his father's number. After the third ring, his father finally picked up his call, "Dad! What's going on?"

"Son! I'm guessing you’ve seen the news," said his father.

"I did not agree to this Dad!" Jungkook raised his voice as he sat back in his seat.

He didn't even care of his classmates were eavesdropping on him, "No I'm not attending that stupid press conference. You can ask Manager Do to fill in for me. I'm not going Dad. I'm telling Mum about this. What do you mean by she knows? Dad!"

With that, he hanged up the call and threw his phone on the table. The class grew dead silent as they watch Gyuwon and Jungkook.

"Alright class settle down! Lesson is starting so keep your phones away," Ms Lee instructed although it was evident that she too was taken by the sudden news.

Throughout the morning period, all Jungkook could think about was his father's rash move and that press conference. Gyuwon on the other hand had no clue about what wad going on. She didn't understand what the reporters were talking about.

"Let's go for lunch!" Yoonjin nudged Gyuwon.

The two girls got up from their seats, grabbed their phones and student cards, and pushed their chairs in. Gyuwon turned around and glanced at Jungkook who was looking as vexed as she was. With a sigh, she left the classroom and followed Yoonjin to the cafeteria.

Lunch was something Jungkook wasn't looking forward to. Jimin and V had agreed to meet him outside his classroom before heading for the cafeteria. As expected, news of the two spread like wildfire. They were the talk of the school and it was all because of his father.  Jungkook followed the two to their table but stopped them halfway when he saw Gyuwon and Yoonjin sitting at the table next to theirs, "Hell no. I'm not sitting there."

"Then where will you sit?" Jimin questioned him, "Come on, let's just go."

"Hyung!" Jungkook's whines were ignored and he reluctantly followed the two boys to their tables.

Jungkook felt like he was about to die from all the stares he was getting from the guys in school and he could only imagine how Gyuwon must’ve felt. Just as he had thought, left, right and centre, girls were glaring at Gyuwon.

The noisy cafeteria soon turned dead silent. Everyone’s focuses were solely on one student who had just entered the cafeteria. Students watched as he strutted his way towards the stairway area. The Bangtan boys watched as the 'newcomer' settled himself down at Gyuwon's table.

"What's he doing back in school?" Suga gritted his teeth.

His question didn't go unnoticed, "Well look who we have here. If it isn't the popular Bangtan. I see you’ve gotten yourself a new friend."

"He's not new and back off Nam Taehyun," Rap Monster stood up from where he was seated at.

"Calm down now Rap Monster or should I say Namjoon? I'm trying to be nice to the new kid," Taehyun smirked.

V glared at him while J-Hope rolled his eyes.                                                                                                   

"You're the so called Golden Maknae right? Jungkook?" Questioned Taehy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter