9.

Love Melodies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Oh my god! JEON JUNGKOOK!"

Jungkook jolted up from Gyuwon's scream, "Huh? W-what? Is the house on fire?"

Gyuwon took a pillow and hit Jungkook's head with it, "No you idiot! What are you doing on the bed?"

Jungkook sighed before slipping back into bed without answering Gyuwon's question. Seeing him act like nothing was wrong, Gyuwon blew a raspberry and hit Jungkook with the pillow once more, "Ya!"

Jungkook took the pillow and covered his ear with it, "Can you please lower your volume? I'm trying to get some sleep."

"Wake up!"

"Nooooo!" Jungkook whined, "I only got to sleep for 3 hours, stop disturbing me."

Giving up, Gyuwon got out of bed, showered and went down to prepare breakfast. She looked through the fridge and thought hard about what she should make, "I have 3 hours till my work starts, and since that idiot is still sleeping, should I make some Baked Rice?"

After much consideration, Gyuwon finally came to a decision to make Baked Rice for breakfast. It might be too heavy for breakfast but she needed that energy for the rest of the day.

"Into the oven, temperature check, and now for the timer," Gyuwon sets the timer at 25 minutes and left for the library. 

Gyuwon took out a sketch book from the drawers and placed it on the table top. She reached out for a pencil and looked around her. At first she had no idea what she was going to do but after seeing a picture of Jungkook on the table, she began to sketch him. The sound of the oven made her stop whatever she was doing. Gyuwon carefully kept the sketch book inside the drawer and proceeded to the kitchen to check on their breakfast. 

When she was sure that it was cooked, Gyuwon walked up to the bedroom to wake Jungkook up. She knocked on the door but there was no answer. After the third knock, Gyuwon stealthily opened the door. She went up to the bed and saw that Jungkook wasn't there except for Snow who was fast asleep. She turned around and was about to leave when she bumped into someone.

"Ouch!" Gyuwon looked up, ready to hit Jungkook but soon regretted it.

She quickly closed her eyes and turned her back on him. Behind her stood Jungkook, half with only his jeans on and a towel over his head, "What is the matter with you?"

"B-breakfast is ready," with a stuttering voice, Gyuwon picked up Snow and quickly made her way out of the room.

Jungkook looked at her quizzically, still drying his hair with the towel. When he reached out for a new shirt, it finally hits him, "Wait, did she just...Jeon Jungkook you idiot!"

 

Breakfast was extremely awkward for the both of them. Neither took their eyes off of their plates and the only sound they could hear was that of their utensils. Once he was done with his food, Jungkook cleared his throat and got up from the chair, "Err...I'm going to do the dishes now. Just leave your plate in the sink once you're done."

Once Jungkook was out of sight, Gyuwon let out a sigh of relief, “That was awkward."

Looking at the time, she ate her last bite, left her plate beside the sink where Jungkook was at and quickly left to change into her work uniform.

"Going somewhere?" Gyuwon asked when she saw Jungkook by the door, already in his sneakers and snapback as he played with snow.

"I'm going to the Hyungs' dorm for practice. They might be dropping by to use the recording studio. Is that okay with you?"

"Yeah sure," Gyuwon replied as she tied her laces, avoiding any eye contact.

"Okay then, see you later."

With that, the two went on their separate ways with Gyuwon still thinking about what she saw earlier on.

 

The one thing Gyuwon looks forward to when she's working all three shifts is probably Bobby. The guy's funny, he never fails to make nasty comments at nasty customers and also he raps about stuffs he stumbled upon on the way to work. Bobby's definitely the one person Gyuwon could spend an entire day with without getting bored.

"No new rap for the day?" Gyuwon asked as she washed the blender.

"Nah, I didn't see anything worth rapping for but, I did get you this," Bobby put his hands into his aprons and took a small envelop out of it, "A belated wedding gift for you! Sorry I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter