Chapter Two

My Idiot, Park Chanyeol

 Chanyeol cringed when he heard his best friend talking to her boyfriend. He stood outside her door and waited for her to finish before barging in.

I’m gonna barf. I really will. Gosh I really hate happy couples. He thought to himself before sighing in frustration. It having Junhee as his best friend.

It really did.

Number one, she was quite beautiful so keeping all those guys away from her was a lot of work.

Number two, she had an amazing personality so keeping guys away from her was nearly an impossible task.

Number three, he kinda liked her so when Chanyeol saw her with a guy, he wanted to push him off a bridge.

 

Chanyeol furrowed his brows and put his ears on the door, his big dumbo ears. Those things were gigantic (okay maybe that’s a little extreme); he wondered why he couldn’t hear anything.

He pulled away and tapped his feet against the marble flooring of her house. “Sheesh…the hell are they discussing? Retirement plans?”

The idea of Junhee and her boyfriend growing old together really got Chanyeol on his nerves.

He set his textbook down and dug into his pocket for a bobby pin. This may seem odd to you but think about it  his best friend is a girl and how do girls mark their territory? By leaving a bobby pin behind. Throughout the years, Junhee has left these things everywhere, Chanyeol only has a handful of them due to his short attention span; half the time, he doesn’t even notice them in his room.

“How do you do this…” He mumbled to himself as he shoved the bobby pin in the key hole. “I’ve seen this on youtube before come on…”

He froze when he realized it was stuck. “icles..icles…She’s gonna kill me!”

Chanyeol pulled the bobby pin out and stared at it. “This thing is rigged.” He mumbled.

 

Junhee opened the door and raised an eyebrow. “Baby?” she said into her phone. 

Chanyeol mentally stabbed Kris a few times in his head, precisely, 10 times.

“Yes?”

20 times

“I’ll talk to you later, Chanyeol’s here.”

“I don’t like him.”

50 times

“Too bad, he’s my best friend and he probably needs help with physics homework. Babe, aren’t you in his physics class?” Junhee asked.

“Yeah but we don’t talk and I’d like to keep it that way.”

1000 times. How is this guy not dead yet?!

“Alright alright, talk to you later okay?”

“Love you.”

Chanyeol wrinkled his nose. There’s no hope for true love these days, how do you date for a few weeks and start saying I love you to each other? Esh. He thought to himself.

 

He sat down in Junhee’s bed and cracked open his textbook. “It’s been like two weeks…you guys already started saying I love you to each other? Really? Junhee come on…”

“I’m sure he’s the one!”

“That’s what you said when you were with Junhyung! I didn’t like that guy. He cheated on you. And remember Kyungsoo? You said he was definitely the one but his bum ended up moving to the other side of the world! And don’t make me mention Taemin.” Chanyeol said.

Taemin was the worst out of all of them, it turned out that he was gay and only dated Junhee because his friends dared him to. What an idiot.

Junhee rolled her eyes. “Whatever, when are you gonna find a girl?”

I don’t need to…the girl I want is right in front of me. Chanyeol sighed and looked down at his textbook. “I’m gonna fail this class.” He said trying to change the subject.

“Not if you pay attention.” Junhee nudged him. “Come on…let’s do this practice problem.” She pulled out a piece of loose leaf and showed him how to use each formula.

 

Chanyeol looked over at his best friend and admired her side profile. He never expressed any feelings of love openly towards her because well…isn’t it weird?

Best friends aren’t supposed to fall in love.

You aren’t supposed to marry your best friend.

Your best friend is your best friend and nothing more than that.

 

Chanyeol sighed and remembered reading all those fan fictions on the internet where the pair of best friends supposedly hated each other then ended up falling in love. Those are all just a bunch of bull right?

Junhee never hated him and he never hated her.  Chanyeol never moved out of Seoul and although puberty was generous to him, he didn’t turn all bratty and cocky.

Those stupid things just give people false hope. He said to himself before turning his attention back to Junhee.

“And then you just divide and the answer is fifteen. Get it?”

“Hm?”

She smacked his arm and whined. “Yah! Park Chanyeol!”

He flushed pink and laughed. “Okay I’m sorry…I’ll listen this time.” God she is so cute when she gets frustrated.

 

“Oh and then you use this and plug it into that to get twenty for the answer?” Chanyeol furiously scribbled down his answers on a piece of paper and boxed it before looking through his work.

Junhee clapped. “Yes! That’s how you do it…took you long enough.”

Chanyeol hugged her and rested his head on her shoulder. “Best teacher ever!”

She smiled cheekily. “Obviously, it’s me.”

He pushed his textbook off his lap and laid down on her bed. “Gosh I’m so tired, so happy it’s Friday.” Chanyeol mumbled before falling fast asleep.

Junhee turned around and shook her head at her best friend, he was such a heavy sleeper there was no point in waking him up now.

She stood up, pulled the rubber band out of her hair and dropped it on Chanyeol’s face. Ah, another one to add to his collection.

Junhee laughed, no matter how much she bothered him, he wouldn’t wake up.

She grabbed her pajamas and went to hit the shower.

Junhee turned the bright LED lights off before leaving her room; she knew Chanyeol disliked bright lights, especially when he was trying to sleep.  

 

Around an hour later, it was nearly midnight and Junhee was done with her shower. Why do girls take so long in the shower anyway? Do they make-up in there or something? There were endless amounts of questions in Chanyeol’s head when he heard the water turn on. It wasn’t long before he drifted off into a deep sleep, so deep he didn’t even notice an oblivious Junhee crawl into bed with him.

 

In the middle of the night, Chanyeol finally noticed the sweet scent and the warm body that rested in his arms.

His eyes nearly popped out of his sockets when he realized it was Junhee.

“Jesus Christ…I hit the jackpot.”