Chapter One

My Idiot, Park Chanyeol

You know…I never really liked that Kris Wu guy. I just don’t like him, and the fact that he’s asked Junhee out, makes me dislike him even more. He’s too nice, it’s weird.

Kris is in my physics class, he caught my eye on the first day. Well, being one of the tallest people in the school, finding someone even taller than me is rare. Kris is like a freaking unicorn amongst all the short people in my school.

If you’re wondering, yes, I am the notorious Park Chanyeol who wrapped himself in foil during the summer and asked how I ended up at a hospital because of heat .

Anyway, back to the unicorn; yeah long story short I don’t like him at all. We’re the only seniors in our science class. Why did I choose to take physics last?!

I’ve seen Junhee and Kris interact a few times during the school year, I won’t lie; I get jealous when this happens. After having a girl best friend for so long, you’re never used to sharing her because…she’s been hanging out with you for your whole life.

Supposedly, Kris sat next to Junhee in English during the first semester of the year. That I don’t understand either because at Seoul Academy you’re only required to take three years of English. Psh, did she really stay because Kris was her partner? What’s so great about him anyway? I would’ve dropped the class if I found out he was my partner.

 

Let’s start from the beginning if you still don’t understand why I’m so jelly jelly of this guy. Junhee and I share the same birthday, I’m older then her by two hours. We met literally on the day we were born and we grew up together. We’re best friends! I know every single thing about this girl. From head to toe, inside and out, I know everything about her.

No, we don’t fight over stupid things like you’d expect best friends of the opposite gender would. Surprisingly, we get along very well.

Ya thought this would be one of those cliché stories? Haha, get out.

You know all the stories you’ve read in the past? Where the girl lives next to the guy? They’re best friends apparently who hate each other’s guts? The stories where the guy moves away at a young age, comes back and goes from hobo to pop star? Then they fall in love and what not?

Well, sorry to pop your bubble but uh…none of that happens in real life! Son, I keep it real!

Junhee and I are different.

 

I remember this one time my friend Baekhyun said “Oh, she’s your best friend? Not for long…You see Chanyeol; the thing with having a best friend that’s the opposite gender is that you guys won’t stay as friends. Something’s bound to happen…Trust me man, the whole ‘I fell in love with my best friend’ has happened to many times before my eyes.” He had just moved into town and being the wonderful neighbor I was, I introduced myself so he wouldn’t be forever alone.

We ended up being good friends.

He calls himself the love whisperer but he’s single like a pringle. Baekhyun the love expert my . 

 

Here’s where it gets interesting. So apparently Kris thought it was appropriate to ask Junhee out after knowing her for just one semester. Man this guy has balls; I’ve known her for eighteen years and asking her out? I haven’t even thought of that!

I recall asking Baekhyun about it.

 

“So, Junhee and physics guy, only one semester. He’s real nice for no reason too.” Baekhyun put a hand on his chin. “’s gonna happen. I can tell you that. He probably plays girls.”

 

I don’t know if he’s right, maybe he is…or not.

 

I’ve never been the third wheel in my life, but once Kris started walking her home, I hated walking behind them. They’d hold hands and stuff. Ew.

 

A couple days before he asked her out, I couldn’t take it anymore so I had to confirm it with him. I had to confirm that he liked her. All the little signals and hints he was giving her were driving me insane.

There was this one time I tried to cut class so I hid in the janitor’s closet, the door got locked so I got stuck there until the school closed. Sweet right?

My mom thought I got kidnapped so she called the school. My principal found me cooped up in the closet, boy was he happy…

 

I made it crucial that we went nowhere near a janitor’s closet, being locked up in a tiny room with Kris? I’d kill myself.

Luckily, during that physics class, the teacher asked for two volunteers to go to the supply closet to get something for an experiment. The supply closet was never locked.

I shot my hand up. “Chanyeol and…”

I pointed to Kris. “Kris will come!” I stood up and dragged him out.

 

“So, do you like Junhee or what?” I asked impatiently.

“Why do you care?”

“It’s a simple question, just answer it.” I snapped.

He chuckled. “She’s hot, of course I do. Why are you asking? Do you like her?”

“I do, so that means you can’t like her anymore.” I gritted my teeth before grabbing the box of supplies.

 

…Yeah they’re going out now.

God help me.

Seriously.