chapter eleven

My Idiot, Park Chanyeol

Junhee woke up the next morning with a bunch of missed calls. “Oh God.” She mumbled as she scrolled through the list. “Mom…Mom…Haneul…Haneul…Mom..Mom…Mom…Mom…Haneul.” The list seemed to go on forever.

She called Haneul first. “Haneul? Did you call me?”

Then you heard her barking into the phone. “Oh my goodness! Girl, what’s the point of having a phone if you’re not going to answer it? You got me so worried!” She scowled. “I haven’t seen you since the day of the senior party, what happened?”

“There’s a slight problem.” Junhee whispered. “Come over, I’ll be there soon.” She said as she stood up, stepping over the fast asleep Chanyeol, she looked in the mirror and wrinkled her nose. Her hair was still in that messy bun and her makeup was everywhere, Chanyeol’s shirt reached the middle of her thighs. “Okay, I guess I can leave the house like this.” She whispered before pulling her heels on.

 

Junhee ran down the streets as fast as she can, not giving a flying crap about the blisters she would come home too, she’d rather sport a few blisters then have her mother gave any madder than she already is.

“M-Mom!” She came stumbling in. Junhee pulled her heels off. “! That hurt so bad.”

Her mother came storming down the halls. “MOON JUNHEE.”

“I-I was with Chanyeol I swear to God, I was with him the whole time.” Junhee put her hands up. “Look, I’m even wearing his shirt.”

Her mother leaned forward. “Christ! You smell just like him! What the hell did you guys do?”

“Mom nothing, I swear on my life we didn’t do anything.”

Her mother rolled her eyes. “How come you didn’t answer the phone? I was scared less that something happened to you!”

Haneul popped out of the kitchen. “Hey, did you and Chanyeol kiss? Because Baek-“

“OH MY GOD, YOU KISSED HIM TOO? YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND, HOW COULD YOU?” Her mother clutched her head in frustration. “I THOUGHT I TAUGHT YOU BETTER…OH MY GOD, YOUR FATHER MUST BE ROLLING AROUND IN HIS GRAVE RIGHT NOW JUNHEE.”

“Mom I was drunk!”

Haneul chuckled. “You’re not helping.”

“YOU GOT DRUNK?”

Junhee groaned. “…WHAT NO.”

Her mother shook her head. “Disappointment Junhee, I’m disappointed. Go upstairs and wash up.” She wrinkled her nose. “And check your email for any college acceptations.”

“Mom I’m sorry.” Junhee mumbled. “It was my first senior party okay? Crap happens, and I broke up with Kris.”

“What?!” Her mother turned around.

“No wonder you kissed Chanyeol!”

Junhee rolled her eyes. “Ugh shut up!”

Her mother grabbed her by the shoulders. “Did you really? Why?”

Junhee sighed. “Because I don’t like him.”

“You were together for a whole semester!”

Junhee shook her head. “It doesn’t matter, because the person I liked all along was right in front of me.” She said. “I’ll go wash up.”

Haneul gawked as Junhee walked up the stairs. “Omo! Did you hear that?”

Her mother turned around. “Yes I did! Who could it be?”

“Five bucks its Chanyeol.” Haneul slapped her money.

“Oh why would it be Chanyeol? They potty trained together! Gross! Ten bucks it’s that Baekhyun guy Chanyeol hangs around. He has a nice smile.” Her mother said.

Haneul chuckled and shook her head. “Pft, prepared to owe me money auntie.”

 

Haneul ran up the stairs. “Junhee, Moon Junhee~” She sang.

Junhee peeked out from behind her closet. “Stop, only Chanyeol can call me that.”

“Ah…so it is that giant.”

Junhee looked at her. “What?”

“You guys…are dating right? And he’s the last guy? The last? The one?” Haneul asked.

“I…I kinda don’t understand why I like him.” Junhee whispered. “He’s my best friend.” She said. “BEST.FRIEND.” She threw her clothes in the air. “Ah…I’m gonna have a mental breakdown. This is so weird!”

“What? Liking someone you’ve known your whole life? Yeah it’s weird. Can you imagine if I liked you? Gross.” Junhee wrinkled her nose.

Junhee chucked her shorts at her. “But Han, I’m being so serious rifgt now. Loving Chanyeol? I…How? I know him inside and out, how could I …I don’t know, aren’t you supposed to learn things about your lover? I can’t do that, I know him better than he knows himself.”

Haneul rolled her eyes. “God, Junhee, you’re over thinking this so much. The goal of a relationship is to know each other better than anyone else, and you guys already achieved that. My dad told me that he was the luckiest man alive because he got to marry both his soul mate and his best friend because they were the same person. You know so much about Chanyeol already, that’s great…now just live, go on dates, be happy, giggle, cuddle, do the nasty and bam, that’s life for you.”

Junhee wrinkled her nose. “Gosh…”

“I’m telling you man, you know what they say about men who have big feet…And Chanyeol is hella tall too, and all his proportions are pretty good, ya lucky !”

Junhee chucked another pair of shorts at her. “Ew! Han, you are so gross.”

Haneul laughed. “Oh please, if you’re saying you never fantasized about Chanyeol…you’re lying to me.”

“I …I don’t!”

Haneul scoffed. “Chanyeol is gorgeous, he’s tall…has a deep voice, nice thighs, and has nice arms. What more could you ask for? He’s perfect!” She gushed. After being friends with Junhee for so long, she was a victim of Junhee’s snapchat abuse. Haneul was used to seeing Chanyeol’s face every time Junhee snapchatted her. She basically had that boy’s face memorized.

“Oh God! Have you seen his lips? His perfect lips?”

Junhee raised an eyebrow. “Then…you go date him.”

“He’s not my cup of tea, and are you sure about that? Do you really want to witness that? Me hugging him, me kissing him, us cuddling? Him making me laugh instead of you? Him cooking for me half on valentine’s day?”

“Okay no, stop.”

“Ah…do you do like him.”

“He’s such an idiot.”

“And yet you’re still in love with him.”

“Pretty much.”

 

***

Chanyeol woke up a few hours later. “Are you awake? Junhee?”

Silence

“Junhee?”

Silence

“Moon Junhee?” He flew up. “Oh my God…I…NOONA, SOMEONE KIDNAPPED JUNHEE.” Chanyeol scrambled to his feet and ran down the hall.

His sister was in her room reading a book.

“Um…not quite, she left in the morning.”  Yura said.

“Ah why didn’t you tell me?”

“She didn’t want me to wake you up so…”

“I gotta go, tell mom I’m gonna be home late.”

Yura raised an eyebrow. “Why?”

“I’m gonna ask Junhee out on a date.” 


exo_k_chanyeol_flame_logo_by_jinsuke04-d

[a/n] If Channie were to bring you on a date, where would you want to go and why? ;^) Comment!