Spring-Cleaning

Daycare
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I created an ask.fm account so feel free to ask me questions: ask.fm/frozenbear94

“I just realized we didn’t do any spring cleaning last year.” Victoria pointed out while she was wiping the countertop in the kitchen.

“Well yeah because we were busy with the Christmas stuff and then the daycare closed for the Christmas and New Year break, remember?” Luna tried to help her colleague remember.

“But we usually do spring cleaning at the end of the year!” Victoria threw the cloth to the floor; Luna can tell she’s already throwing a tantrum.

“Are you PMS-ing again? Damn it Vic! Take my chocolate!”

Wendy came in, hands full of grocery bags. “Am I interrupting something?”

“No. Vic is just throwing a fit because she’s PMS-ing again.”

“I AM-“ Before Victoria could finish her sentence; Luna shoved a chocolate bar into .

Luna then grabbed her phone, and before making her way out, told Wendy, “I’m gonna write a letter to the parents to say we’re doing spring cleaning this Friday. You keep an eye on that lady over there so she won’t have another emotional meltdown.”

 

*

 

Friday finally came and in all honesty, no one was excited for this except Victoria.

“SPRING CLEANING IS FUN GIRLS!!!” Victoria cheered a little too loudly causing Irene to cry.

“Great. You just scared an innocent child.” Luna gently smacked her colleague’s back while Wendy tried to keep the crying girl quiet.

“Ok girls. Today we’re doing spring-cleaning. Do you girls know what that is?” Luna asked.

Sooyoung raised her long arms.

“Yes Sooyoung?”

“It’s not spring yet. Why are we cleaning the daycare?”

“Ah. We usually do a little bit of cleaning before the New Year right? Because we didn’t have enough time last year, so we’re doing it now.” Luna explained and the girls nodded their heads.

Knowing the girls understood her point, Luna continued, “There will be three groups. The first group will be helping me clean the interior of the daycare.”

Hyoyeon raised her hand, “What’s interior?”

“It means the inside of a place.” Hyoyeon nodded her head.

“As I was saying, the first group will be helping me clean the interior of the daycare. The second group will be helping Teacher Wendy to clean the interior and also do the laundry. The third and final group will be helping Teacher Vic to clean the kitchen. You girls can choose the places you want to clean ok? Just stand in front of the teachers you want to help.”

Again, the girls nodded their heads. The teachers stood in one straight line and the girls quickly made their decision on which teacher they wanted to help.

Sunny, Hyoyeon and Seohyun were standing in front of Luna.

Irene, Jessica, Taeyeon and Tiffany were standing in front of Wendy.

Sooyoung, Yoona and Yuri were standing in front of Victoria.

Taeyeon pouted because she had wanted to help Victoria since she was feeling a little hungry. She had hoped she could get a little snack while helping. However, Tiffany had pulled on her arm so she would be in the same line as Jessica and Tiffany.

Seohyun too was a little upset because she had wanted to stick with her beloved Yuri unni but Sooyoung had pushed her out of the line. Sunny saw this, helped Seohyun up and brought her to where Hyoyeon was standing.

“Well the groups are settled then.” Luna announced.

“SPRING CLEANING LET’S GO!!!!” Victoria yelled and poor Irene couldn’t help but to cling herself onto Wendy’s legs.

 

*

 

Luna gathered the seven girls who have volunteered to help clean the interior.

“Here’s the plan. Sunny, Hyoyeon and Seohyun, you girls will be in charge of wiping the cabinets.” Luna handed them each a damp green cloth.

“Taeyeon and Jessica, you see those chalk marks on the walls? You girls help me wipe the walls ok?” Luna handed them a special blue cloth.

Luna looked at the two remaining students. One was a pink freak that wouldn’t do anything that doesn’t involve pink while the other would surely tag along with Wendy wherever she went. The teacher gave it a thought and decided to give them an easy task.

“Irene and Tiffany, you girls can help by wiping the tables and rearranging the chairs ok?” She gave them each a damp white cloth.

“So Captain, what do I have to do?” Wendy asked, a teasing smile on her face.

“You, young one, will be helping me wipe those windows.”

“AYE AYE CAPTAIN!”

 

*

 

(Meanwhile in the kitchen)

“Well I have the two shikshins with me. Am I glad or what?” Victoria chuckled. The three girls looked at her with a weird expression.

“We’re going to start by cleaning the cupboards and countertop. I will have to climb up and pass down things that we will either keep or throw. Understand?”

The two shikshins nodded their heads eagerly whereas Yuri could only sigh. Not amused that she had to be stuck in the kitchen.

“Ok if I were to say that we keep something, you put it here.” Victoria pointed to a blue box near Sooyoung.

“And if I were to say we’re going to throw it, you put it here.” Victoria lifted a black rubbish bag. The three girls nodded their heads.

“Let’s get started!”

 

*

 

Sunny, Hyoyeon and Seohyun were doing such a good job wiping the cabinets. They decided that since Seohyun was a little taller than them (after much argument), the maknae would wipe the top of the cabinets while the two unnis would clean the insides of the cabinets.

They were halfway done with their job when Hyoyeon discovered the drawer where the teachers kept all the iPads they use for educational purposes. She quickly called for Sunny and when the latter came, it didn’t take long for an evil smirk to appear on both their faces.

“What do you think we should do with them? I wanna watch cartoons.” Hyoyeon suggested.

Sunny had already managed to unlock one of the iPads. “No no. There’s this game I saw my unni play on her iPad. It’s a game with zombies and we kill them.” 

“But I want to watch We Bare Bears!”

“You go watch your cartoon while I play my game.” Sunny handed Hyoyeon the iPad that she had just unlocked. She then reached over to grab another iPad to download ‘Zombie Infection’, the game she saw her sister playing.

Hyoyeon was beyond excited when she found the Cartoon Network website and immediately looked for her favourite TV series, We Bare Bears. When she finally did find it, she clicked play and got the shock of her life when music started blasting really loudly. Not wanting to get caught, Sunny quickly lowered the volume.

“Keep it down! Teacher Luna is gonna take it away from us if you don’t!” Sunny reprimanded her friend.

Feeling the need to explain, Hyoyeon retorted, “But it was on full volume in the first place! It’s not my fault!”

Innocent maknae who had been cleaning the cabinets dutifully, stopped to check on her two older friends. She sees both of them holding onto an iPad each.

“Unni?” Seohyun called out with head tilted to the side since she was curious why were her two friends holding onto the iPads they use for class activities.

“Oh? Seohyun come.” Sunny pats the space next to her, “I need someone to play this game with.”

“Oh oh oh!” Maknae clapped her hands, excited to play a game, “What game is it? Is it a cooking game? I like cooking games!”

Hyoyeon shushed the excited maknae. Said maknae quickly placed her index finger on her lips.

“No. It’s better than that.” Sunny whispered.

Seohyun furrowed her eyebrows, what could be better than a cooking game? “Is it a Lego game?”

“No. It’s called Zombie Infection.”

“Zombie?”

“Yeah like on The Walking Dead.”

“The Walking Dead?”

Sunny pats Seohyun’s shoulder. “It’s ok. We’ll just play the game.”

Seohyun looked over to Hyoyeon, the older girl had already made herself comfortable in one of the cabinet.

 

*

 

(Meanwhile in another part of the classroom)

Taeyeon and Jessica were standing in front of the wall that the girls would often use as a “whiteboard”. There were scribbles and drawings everywhere done by the girls over the year of 2015. For instance you could tell the foods drawn on the wall were by Sooyoung. Anything drawn using pink chalk was obviously by Tiffany. Anything and everything else were by the other girls.  

The wall was basically a mess hence why Luna had asked them to clean it up. The good thing was that the walls in the daycare were painted with a certain type of paint that resists and repels stains. Stains can also be easily removed by using cloths and some detergent.

Taeyeon was already prepared to wipe the drawings away when she noticed that Jessica was still staring at one particular drawing. “Princess?”

“Yeah?”

“Why are you staring at that?”

“I remember when we drew this.” Jessica pointed out to the three outlines of hands that were traced messily on the wall. Above each hand was written, “Jessica, Taeyeon, Tiffany”.

Taeyeon could only grin at that. She had remembered the day the three of them did it. The trio had sneakily took some chalks from one of the cabinets and at first they didn’t quite know what to do but Jessica suggested they traced the outline of their hands just like what they had done earlier in school.

“Maybe we should decorate the hands.” The oldest suggested.

“But Teacher Luna said we need to clean it up.”

“It’s ok. We can clean it up later. Let’s call Ppany.”

The two friends held hands and skipped to Tiffany who was in charge of wiping the tables.

“Ppany! Ppany!! Let’s decorate the hands we traced before!” Tiffany looked at her two friends with furrowed eyebrows; a little confused about what hands was Taeyeon talking about.

Seeing as her friend couldn’t recall the drawing, Jessica grabbed Tiffany’s hand and dragged her to the wall and pointed proudly at the artwork they had done before.

“Oh! I remember this one!”

“Yes! Let’s draw more-“ Before Taeyeon could even finish her sentence, the princess and pink freak had already made their way to the cabinets where they kept the chalks.

Taeyeon quickly ran with her little feet to where her two friends were standing. They were standing behind Sunny and Seohyun who seems to be holding onto an iPad.

“What is that?” Taeyeon asked, pointing out to a character on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter