The Rest

What We Can't Have

The next two days went by quicker than I thought they would. They both consisted of jokes exchanged by the members and I and small stare sessions with Myungsoo. The fifth day we all went out shopping, it was funny to see the boys dress up in regular "hidden" clothes trying to blend in with everyone. They would have succeeded if Sunggyu didn't take off his sunglasses and flashed everyone his tiny eyes. After that the fan girls started pouring over, they had to escape in a van and I was walked back to the dorm with Sungjong who managed to stay hidden through the crowd.

One the sixth day we all stayed in pajamas and watched old movies. I didn't have a pair with me so Sungjong let me borrow his panda ones for the time being. We all crowded around the TV and sat on the floor watching movies the entire day. We made the room as dark as possible and made a bunch of popcorn. I even pushed a popcorn kernel in Dongwoo's nose before he attempted to do the same to me. It felt like a slumber party even though I had never been to one before. Each of the boys let me tie their hair with small rubber bands and Hoya tied mine into a surprisingly perfect ponytail. Woohyun even called Key from SHINee to sing a small part of their song Delicious to me. My inner fangirl was just about ready to explode, but the only thing that stopped it from coming out as a high girlish scream was the fact Infinite was with me. I had grown extremely close to them and I thought it was impossible. I thought being friends with Infinite was just a dream, a dream that I would have to think about and never actually have. It was like when young children dream about being rich a living in a castle with Prince Charming well in reality they end up living in an apartment struggling to pay rent and having to share the room with a weird man. This dream of mine was finally coming true and as the day grew closer I would have to say goodbye to my new friends and old Oppas.

(MYUNGSOO POV ON THE 6TH DAY!)

"Jong, help me make more popcorn." I said standing up from the ground and stretching a bit.

"Okay." Sungjong said as he followed me into the kitchen.

"They're really having fun over there." I chuckled as I watched Ga Eun put a kernel in Dongwoo's nose.

"Yeah, too bad Gia is leaving tomorrow night." Sungjong replied as he the stove.

"Wait What?" I said mentally checking a calender in my head.

"Yeah tomorrow is the end of the week she is officially going off to the campus. Her dorm is set up and everything." Sungjong said as he began cooking the popcorn.

"What time?" I questioned.

"I don't know, I think the school carpool bus will pick her up at the bus stop around 5pm." Sungjong answered.

"Oh." I whispered softly.

"Aw Hyung isn't going to cry right?" Sungjong joked.

"Why would I cry? She is just a friend." I replied showing no emotion at all.

"I think I'll cry because she is the closest female friend I had since a while now." Sungjong admitted.

"Well Jong you always cry." I joked.

"That is true." Sungjong chuckled as he grabbed the popcorn bag and poured it into a bowl.

We both entered the living room, I sat back down in between Ga Eun and Sungyeol. During the movie I slightly stared at Ga Eun who would glance at me and smile. I wanted to know what she was thinking. Did she like me? Is my feelings for her temporary? Questions began to pile into my brain until I couldn't take it anymore.

"Okay guys, I'm going off to bed now I have a headache." I exclaimed before walking into my room.

I was silently hoping Ga Eun would follow me and we'd lay in bed talking about physical features again, but no one followed. I lied in bed alone staring at the darkness that was called my room just waiting. When  I was finally beginning to fall asleep, someone's footsteps awoke me. I turned my body around and faced the door as the lights .

"You're still not asleep?" Ga Eun asked with her innoncent voice.

"I was almost asleep." I replied wiping my eyes.

"Oh, sorry to disturb you." She smiled sheepishly.

"It's okay, here come lay down." I said moving over on the bed.

"Oh no it's fine, we are watching you guys on Sesame Player." Ga Eun replied.

"Oh." I whispered.

Ga Eun was walking away when she turned around and faced me.

"What?" I chuckled trying my best not to laugh at her pouty face.

"I'm sleepy, I don't want to watch Sesame Player anymore." She said.

"Well, this half of the bed is always open for you." I laughed.

"Okay." Ga Eun snickered as she laid down next to me.

"So...are you ready to start school?" I questioned.

"I think so, that's why I came to Korea. I'm going to feel like a total outcast though." Ga Eun admitted.

"If you're an outcast then call us Oppas and we'll make everyone be your friend." I joked.

"Thanks Oppa." She smiled.

At that moment I wanted to ask her if she liked me, but suddenly she began speaking.

"Oppa, are you happy?"

"What?" I replied confused.

"Are you happy now even though you're done with the drama?" Ga Eun asked.

"Actually, I'm very happy." I replied.

"Good." She said as she grabbed my hands.

She was beginning to pull her hands away, but I held on a little tighter. I think she got the message that I wanted her to not pull away. We laid in the bad for a couple of minutes just talking until we finally fell asleep, hand in hand.

(SUNGJONG POV)

"Where did Gia go?" I asked with no reply. Everyone had already fallen asleep after the second episode of Sesame Player.

I slowly opened the door to Myungsoo's room and peeked my head inside. The two had fallen asleep with the lights on again. I looked over and say Myungsoo and Ga Eun holding hands while they slept. I smiled as I turned off the lights and walked away.