Sal's

What We Can't Have

I woke up to the usualy brightness of the sun. My little apartment had a wonderful view of the sun. I yawned and rolled out of bed the entire time. I was so tired from driving around in circles last night. I actually got lost when I left Infinite's new dorm, even though their dorm was only about 20 minutes away from my apartment. I stretched as I got ready to go to the coffee shop. I wore black jeggings with a long white collared sleeveless shirt. I wrapped around a green scarf and put on my jean jacket. As I brushed my hair I glanced at the time. It was almost eight, the usually time Hajoon and I meet at the coffee shop. I slipped on my brown flats and grabbed my purse. I pulled on my black beanie and headed out of my apartment.

"Hi Marty." I smiled waving to my landlord.

"Top of the morning to you, Ga Eun." He replied in a funny accent.

I giggled and skipped out of the building. Although, I had matured a lot I was still an inner child. I stopped skipping when I saw a couple of two business men walking past me. Finally after a couple minutes of jamming out to the music I played "in my head" I had reached Sal's. Sal's was a local coffee shop that rarely gets visitors, but they make most of their money off of their cute coffee designs they post on Instagram. They stay open for the regular customers like me. I pushed open the door and saw Hajoon sitting down sipping coffee. I creeped up behind him and covered his eyes with my hands. His swift instincts caused his to grab my wrist immediantly. He was never the type of boyfriend who would do all the "cutesy" romantic stuff. He was always serious which is probably why I matured. Whenever I think about it, I never really came up with an explanation why Hajoon was my boyfriend except...he said yes. I know I know...it's not "proper" for a girl to ask a guy, but I thought he was really interesting so I asked him to be my boyfriend. To my surprise he said yes and we were dating for about 4 months.

"You're late....again." Hajoon stated.

"I'm sorry, I walked here, trying to save gas money." I apologized.

"And last night? You had my parents waiting for almost an hour." He bickered.

"I'm sorry too...I was visiting friends an-"

"And lost track of time, you told me." Hajoon said cutting me off.

"Hajoon, let's not fight today okay?" I whined.

"Fine, here's your coffee. I tried to keep it warm." He said handing me a cup of coffee.

"Thank you." I smiled as I wiped my lipstick stain off of the coffee cup.

"Don't you take your test tonight to see if you get another semester free?" He asked.

"Oh shoot...yes. I studied a lot the other day, so I should be fine. I'm still a little nervous!" I exclaimed as I reached out and placed my hand over his.

"Don't be nervous, nerves are for the weak." Hajoon stated as he removed his hand away.

"Yeah...I suppose you're right." I added as I retreated my hand.

Suddenly, seven boys walk in and immediantly poke at me.

"Gia!" They exclaimed as they ran over and greeted me.

"Hi guys." I smiled.

"Is this your boyfriend?" Sungjong teased.

"Oh yes, Guys this is Hajoon and Hajoon this is Sungjong, Sungyeol, Sunggyu, Woohyun, Dongwoo, Hoya and Myungsoo." I recited as if it were a poem.

"How do you do?" Hajoon stated.

"Nice to meet you." The boys said very confused.

"Well, it was nice seeing you Gia, don't forget to visit us!" Sungjong exclaimed.

"And text us!" Woohyun added.

"Okay." I smiled. Infinite sat down in the large family table across the room.

"Those were the friends that kept you from meeting my parents?" Hajoon questioned.

"Oh uhm...yes." I whispered.

"The nerve they have coming in here." Hajoon said furiously.

"Aw. Relax Hajoon-ah, don't start problems." I smiled as I pulled my chair closer to him and wrapped his arm around me.

"I'm not going to start problems. Who said I was?" Hajoon snarled as he removed his arm.

"You already have an attitude..." I whispered.

"Because I won't wrap my arm around you? I don't do that public stuff, you know that!" He replied patting my head.

This was the first affection I recieved from him since maybe a month ago when we went to this college dance. He held my hand for a couple of minutes and let go after realizing the grin on  my face. In the beginning of our relationship he did show a little affection, but I thought he was just waiting for the perfect time. Kissing him was completely awkward! Everytime we kissed it was like kissing my baby brother, it meant nothing. But once you grow attatched to something, it's hard to let go.

"I know I know I know, but I wish you would be my boyfriend for once." I pouted.

"I bought you coffee!" He yelled.

"Don't make a scene." I said trying to hush him up.

"Don't tell me what to do." He growled as if he was ready to attack me like a hungry wolf in a rabbit cage.

"Kiss me." I said feeling extremely confident.

"What?" He asked.

"Kiss me so I know you're not upset." I said.

Hajoon stood up and I did the same.

"I'm leaving now, come to my apartment after you take your test. We can wait for the results together...and it'll be more private so I can actually hug you." Hajoon demanded.

"Okay...but still....kiss me....." I whispered with a slightly disappointed face.

"Fine, don't say I never did anything for you!"

"Kissing shouldn't be a chore for a couple..." I muttered.

"Geez Ga Eun-ah!" Hajoon whined. He placed his hands over my cheeks and pulled my face close. He planted a warm kiss that I wanted to be romantic, but it just had no feeling. He released my face and yelled.

"Happy now! Don't forget out plans this time!" Hajoon left the coffee shop.

***

(MYUNGSOO POV)

The boys of Infinite all sat down in the family table.

"I vote Sungjong-ah go get the coffee." Woohyun laughed.

"Ah...fine!" Sungjong whined.

I couldn't help but continue glancing at Gia and her "boyfriend." Why does she have a boyfriend? Why do I care? Ah! Not this stupid feeling again. I looked up and realized I was staring at the two.

"No!" I yelped as I saw Ga Eun try to cuddle up with Hajoon.

"Myungsoo-ah whats wrong?" Sunggyu yelled.

"Nothing...I got a cramp in my leg..." I lied.

"Stop being weird." Dongwoo laughed as he playfully hit me.

"Wow, look at Gia she looks so mature with a boyfriend by her side." Sungjong said as he handed everyone their coffee.

"She does and ooo does my americano have sugar?" Sungyeol questioned.

"Yes, maybe too much sugar." Sungjong joked.

"I don't know, I don't like that Hajoon guy." Sunggyu admitted.

"I know look at how he treats her. She isn't a kid why is he patting her on the head?" Woohyun asked.

"He has no respect for her." I interjected.

"Whoa, Myungsoo speaks." Woohyun chuckled.

"I mean look at her she is practically begging for affection as if he is her slave master." I continued.

"Relax Myungsoo, couples fight." Hoya added.

"Mhm..." I whispered as I stared at them intently. Hajoon suddenly grabbed Gia's face and kissed her. Then he yelled something and walked away.

"Guys... did you see that?" I asked.

"No." They all managed to say through sips of americano.

I stood up and sighed. I breathed in the sweet smell of donuts and coffee and quickly released the air, for the smell was fading. I walked over to Ga Eun and placed my hand on her shoulder. She quickly spun around and looked at me with big tear filled eyes. She was obviously holding them in, she managed to "" them back in and smile.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Why wouldn't I be? Hajoon just wished me luck for my test." She managed to say.

"Oh, well good luck Ga Eun, I'm positive you'll do fine." I smiled.

"Thanks, maybe I'll stop by the dorm when I get my results." Ga Eun smiled.

"Sounds like a plan, see you then." I said as I cooly walked away. I stopped for a second and turned back around. In one quicky motion I grabbed her arm and hugged her. If Hajoon, her own boyfriend wasn't going to give her affection, someone had to! Once I let go, I waved and walked back to my seat. The boys didn't ask me any questions about the hug. I think deep down they knew Ga Eun was "lonely," but they had a lot on their plate to deal with another problem. I watched as Ga Eun picked up her bag and walk out of Sal's. My mind was all over the place, now I'm worried about her!