Begins With A Bang

What We Can't Have

Hi again! It's me Ga Eun, I have a story I want to tell you about! Well, it all started with a....BANG!

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

"Happy Birthday Ga Eun!" A tiny crowd of people sang as they barged into a pretty pink room covered with Infinite posters.

"Go away." I whispered as the little kids jumped on her bed.

"Look the cake has Infinite on it." My mom smiled.

"Where!" I immediantly popped out of bed.

"Happy birthday Gia, and hurry get dressed, graduation is today."

"You're right." I replied as I kissed each of the members' faces.

"I dry cleaned your robe sweetie." Mom added.

"Thanks mom, make sure you don't eat Myungsoo's face okay!" I yelled as I ran into the bathroom to shower.

I exited the bathroom covering my black and purple sparkled strapless dress. I slipped on my black pumps and curled my hair(Just the way Myungsoo likes.)

"Mom, I'm ready let's hurry so I'm not late please!" I yelled rushing into the car.

I was in such a hurry because yes, today is my birthday and graduation. However, today is the day I find out if I am recieving a scholarship for college! I applied for a couple of scholarships here in America, but majority of them were in South Korea. It's my dream to live there and of course...meet Infinite!

***

A short man with an extremely long mustache started to ramble on about his happiness. He said he was proud of us, but I know he was just happy that our class was finally graduating. My highschool class had the highest percentage of bad behavior referrals. I wasn't part of that group, I usually hung out with my friend Aria who liked K-Pop too. The one thing about Aria was she only liked talking about CNBlue. Now don't get me wrong, I love CNBlue, but I'd rather talk about Infinite since their my bias group.

"I will announce the high ranking students starting from number one. Jamie Hox, Marcus Knob, Lily Tacker, Harley Jonx, Michelle Whitner, Jackson Hart, Arnold Park, Cho Ga Eun, Marble Waters and Jacob Hiller." The short principal said as he stuttered my name.

I was the only person in my High school that was of Korean descent. Heck, I was the only Asian in that school! It was a small school that only consisted of about 200 students, so my graduating class was PRETTY small. The majority race was caucasion, but they weren't the sterotypical caucasions that you see on the television shows. They were decent, smart, good looking people, but they were very judgemental. They always spoke to me very slowly and loud as if I couldn't understand. One time I had to work with this girl who usually wrote super tiny. When we were writing ideas down she wrote really big and asked me loudly if I could see that. My eyes aren't even that small, not like Sunggyu's, but because of my ethinicity people thought they were "below average."

I walked onto the stage and stood proudly next to my fellow classmates. Suddenly Mr.Corks, the principal, started spitting into the mic again.

"Everyone up here has been accepted with full scholarships to attend Yale University. However, one student has a full scholarship to Willer University in....South Korea." He exclaimed then lowering his voice a couple of octaves.

My mom clapped extremely loud when I recieved my letter of acceptance and diploma.

Finally the ceremony ended and I sat down on my relaxing bed and looked at the ceiling. I noticed that my Infinite Destiny poster was falling down. I reached up to the ceiling trying to pin the right corner back up. My mom walked in almost in tears.

"My baby is growing up, look at her reaching for the stars." She cried.

"Oh mom." I said trying to hold back laughter from the irony.

That night my mom and I laid in my bed talking about all of the stuff I'm going to do once I get to Korea. Of course my mom couldn't come, she was raising my little brother and sister who were only in the 3rd and 5th grade. We laughed and we cried, but the one thing I remember the most was her hands. She pulled out an envelope and placed it in my hands. I couldn't stop staring at her hands, they were shaking. Her small fragile, over-worked hands were trembling. I took the envelope and looked at what appeared to be $5,000. She whispered something about this was to get me started and if I needed more she would send some. My face was frozen, we were barely making enough money to pay rent, where did she get the money from?

The next morning my mom dropped me off at the airport.

"You're going to be okay right? Oh what am I saying? You're going to be fine...I'm the one who isn't going to be okay." Mom had cried bursting into tears.

"Oh Mom, I'm going to miss you so much!" I had replied.

"When you get there, your first priority is to find an apartment because your classes don't start until about 2 weeks."

"Okay...I should probably get going before the plane leaves me..." I sniffled

"Oh Gia, I love you so much, take care okay?" She had cried into my ear as she hugged me tighter than ever before.

"I love you too mom." I said before I boarded the plane. I sat closest to the window alone and listened to Sunggyu's Only Tears song. I knew for sure this is what I wanted, but I never expected to go to Korea alone. I guess you can say I was homesick already, but once I closed my eyes tears flooded my face. I began avoiding the fear of being alone by re-watching Infinite on Ranking King. It was going to be a long flight and a long 4 years of college, but I was prepared for the worst....or at least I thought!

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sooooo that's chapter one of What We Can't Have! It was sort of an opening to help you get an idea of the story. I hope you are intrigued, chapter 2 will be coming out pretty soon!