That Night

What We Can't Have

(GA EUN POV)

I entered the testing room with two #2 pencils and 2 erasers. I was prepared until the teacher handed me a giant test with a scantron. It took me about 1 hour and 22minutes to finish the test. I was worried because I was the first one who finished, did I rush the test? I stood up quietly and handed my test back to the teacher. I walked out of the room feeling as if I didn't pass. I sighed and looked at the clock, suddenly I realized I left my purse inside of the classroom. I quietly re-entered and grabbed my purse as I glanced at the teacher he was looking at my test. He shook his head in the "no" motion a couple of times and let out a big sigh. I rushed out of the room ready to burst into tears. I drove to Hajoon's apartment so I could vent my feelings. I knocked on the door softly then began pounding.

"I'm coming!" Hajoon yelled.

"I took the test." I whispered.

"That fast? It's only 9:42pm." Hajoon exclaimed.

"Don't remind me...are you going to invite me in or should I go?" I snapped.

"Yeah...sure come in." Hajoon whispered. He removed my coat for me and led me to the couch. We sat down in silence for a couple of minutes.

"If I failed I have to go back to America." I stated firmly.

"Oh, that's too bad. You probably passed." Hajoon said as he sipped his tea and sat back.

"Probably? Or I failed." I snarled.

"Calm down G! Worrying isn't good at all." He replied as he wrapped his arm around me.

"Calm down? How can I calm down? My scholarship is on the line!" I yelled.

"Shh...." Hajoon whispered as he kissed me slowly. This kiss was so dull and completely irritated me! He was trying to shut me up!

"Stop!" I screamed.

"What is your problem!" He yelled back.

"Y-You aren't helping me!" I cried.

"First you wanted affection and when I give you affection you want me to stop! I don't understand you...y-you're so fickle!" He screeched.

"I'm sorry I have to go somewhere." I said putting on my coat.

"I thought we were going to wait for your results." Hajoon added.

"I don't care about my results!" I cried running out of the apartment and into my car. I quickly drove away and cried, I had to wipe away my tears frequently so I could see the road. I finally reached Infinite's dorm.

"DING DONG!" The bell rang.

"Ga Eun?" Sunggyu asked groggily.

"I'm sorry is it too late to come over?" I questioned.

"No, it's fine. It's only about 10:38pm." Sunggyu replied wiping his eyes.

"Thanks." I said entering the dorm and sitting on the couch. Sunggyu brought me a blanket and pillow.

"Here you go, you can sleep here tonight. I'm sorry I would love to stay and chat, but I have a busy solo schedule tomorrow." Sunggyu apologized.

"It's okay and thank you, I think it's a little late to be driving home anyways. Good night." I replied.

Sunggyu faded up the stairway and out of my vision. I climbed of off the couch and creeped up the stairs. I looked at each of the bedroom doors and slowly entered the one with the letter L on it. I made out a figure laying down on a bed with only the moon as my light. I quietly climbed into the bed like I used to four months ago. I felt so warm and cozy, but suddenly Myungsoo seemed to have woken up.

"Who is this?" He questioned.

"G-G-Ga Eun." I whispered.

"Not funny Sungjong now get out of my bed." Myungsoo stated as he grabbed my arm. He continued touching it, trying to feel if it was really Sungjong.

"Myungsoo?" I said.

"Ga Eun is this really you?" Myungsoo said as he reached for his phone and flashed the light at me.

"Yes."

"Why are you here? What's wrong?" Myungsoo questioned.

"Uhm...nothing I just didn't want to drive in the dark. I'll go back downstairs." I whispered. Myungsoo grabbed my wrist and held onto it.

"No...it's fine, stay here I don't mind." He admitted.

"Okay." After a couple of hours of lying  there quietly my phone began buzzing.

***

I answered the call, it was Hajoon. I talk in whisper...

G: Hello?

H: Ga Eun why are you whispering?

G: It doesn't matter, what's wrong?

H: Look...there's no easy way to say this, but-

I quickly hung up before he could finish his sentence. There were two possibilities ringing through my head. He was either breaking up with me or he cheated on me and both of the possibilities were unacceptable. Suddenly my phone buzzed once, indicating a text message.

Hajoon: MSG

Must be bad phone connections...well as I was saying. Look, there's no easy way to say this, but I'm breaking up with you. Honestly, I can't remember what I even saw in you. You're the complete opposite of me and I deserve to love someone who I ACTUALLY have feelings for. I have no feelings for you, you're disrespectful, rude and hopeless. I deserve to have a good girlfriend, someone who understands me. I deserve to be in a good relationship that I want to be in. Once again, I'll try not to be sad because I want to move on as quickly as possible. Goodbye Ga Eun.

***

I read every word twice and played it in my head over and over and over again. I could feel my eyes flowing with tears as I quietly sobbed. As I read the message over and over I realized he only said "I deserve" there was nothing about what I deserved. Was I not worthy of happiness? Or love? I'm supposedly disrespectful, rude and hopeless! I couldn't take it any longer I was just about ready to scream, but my phone buzzed. It said "New update on College Website." I clicked it, it was going to show me the result on my test. I scrolled down to my message center and clicked on Semester score. I GOT A 238 out of 300! I needed at least a 250 to keep my full scholarship. Now I have to settle for a partial scholarshipi which would only put me in debt! As if that night couldn't have gotten any worse...!

I rolled out of the bed and slipped on my shoes.

"What time is it?" Myungsoo whined as he rubbed his closed eyes.

"Uhm...about midnight." I sniffled.

"You're leaving?" He questioned.

"Y-Yes." I managed to sniffle out.

"Ga Eun what's wrong? Why are you crying?" Myungsoo said finally realizing I was drowning in tears.

"N-Nothing." I replied. I ran out of the room and put my coat on.

"Ga Eun wait!" Myungsoo yelled chasing after me. He grabbed my arm and stopped me from running away.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I'm disrespectful, rude , and hopeless...so you should just stay away. I'm an idiot, I wouldn't want you to catch stupidity." I stated not turning around at all to show Myungsoo my crying face. I yanked my arm away and ran into my car. I immediatly drove away, not knowing where I was going, just away...