Love At The Wrong Time

What Hurts The Most

Jiyeon

Listen to this song while reading

"Great..." He nodded his head many times. "Go back now... Your friends are probably waiting for you."

"Okay..." I sighed and slowly climbed down the car, only to see a girl in a beautiful dress coming out of the restaurant with L following behind her. She looked really familiar so I had to take a better look by hopping out of the car. The girl looked really beautiful, and she was wearing a pink dress with floral designs. Her hair short and wavy but it matched really well with her face' shape. She was carrying a purse that matched the color of her dress. And she was looking at our direction. I turned to Seungho, he was already out of his car. The girl approached us quickly, her face no longer calm but stress filled her. Then it hit me. That girl... She's...

She sighed and furrowed her eyebrows. "This is actually where you went. Why did you just leave so suddenly?" She asked, glancing at me hesitantly. I thought she was asking me, it made my heart race in confusion.

"I'm sorry, Sora." Seungho replied. "I just wanted to talk to her."

"Who is she?"

"She's...a friend."

This girl named Sora, Seungho's fiance, now killing me with her deathglare. "Hi," I greeted with shaking voice. "I'm Jiyeon. I guess I'll leave the two of you now-"

"No. Stay, Jiyeon." I was stunned for a moment. She was now looking at Seungho as if she was about to cry. 

"Today is a special day, y-you know that right?"

"Sora, not here." Seungho grabbed her by the shoulder, leading her to the car but she wont even move an inch. She probably found the ground a good view to stare at. "Sora," Seungho went on. "Let's go, okay?"

"Today should be our engagement day. But you left..."

I swallowed, preparing to leave and give them their privacy. I have no idea how stupid I looked like back there. L was waiting for me, his expression couldn't be read either.

"You left because of this girl... Jiyeon. When we had , were you thinking about her too? Is it her? Do you like her?" She went on, her voice seemed to croak every single word. I stopped, bawling my hand into a fist and squeezing it hard. I spun around bravely, as if protecting myself. I didn't want to be the cause of these two's relationship to break, not even their life. Perhaps, Seungho only came to visit and happened to find me unexpectedly. Perhaps, he wasn't ready to marry the woman of his dreams. Perhaps, it's not about me. Even if I have to lie in front of his fiance, it doesn't matter anymore. If I lie, it would be because I don't want him to know how much it hurts me.

"Don't worry about it, miss." I began. Sora turned to face me with her puffy eyes. "It's not what you think it is. We're more like brothers and sisters."

"If that's so, then why did he leave just to meet you? Do you have a scientific explanation for that?!" Her voice raised. Seungho was pulling her back. "I don't like you, you wench. Whether you two are like brothers and sisters, then it's not like that to me. Do you know what he did?! He ditched me because of you! I'm his ing fiance!"

L suddenly came due to the uproar. "Hey hey, what's happening here?" He held my arm for support.

"It's nothing," I mumbled.

"Jiyeon, you guys go back inside. We'll go ahead. Sorry for the trouble." He helped Sora get inside the car, but she shrugged him off instead. "Sora..." He whispered.

"Don't touch me," she muttered under her breath before collapsing into Seungho's arm.

I went straight to the restaurant's restroom and locked myself in. I just needed some time alone. Some time to just take it all out and cry. I didn't want anyone to hear me. So when L and my friends came knocking on the door, I immediately cleared my throat and closed my eyes. I need to calm down, make sure they don't notice my fragile voice.

"Jiyeon, what are you doing there? Hey, come out." L called.

"What are you guys doing there?" I asked, as if. "I need to pee. I've been dying to pee but that girl wont let me g-go..."

"Are you sure?" Sooyoung asked softly.

"Y-Yeah..." I shook my head and looked at my self in the mirror, so ridiculous. What a lame girl. What a pityful girl. How sad. I just ignored my tears streaming down my cheeks. How stupid. I just lied, because I didn't want him to know how much it hurts. I thought the pain would stop, but why does it still hurt so much?

"Okay then... We'll wait back in the table okay?" Sooyoung said, I heard their footsteps leaving the front door of the restroom.

"I'll stay here," L whispered against the door. "Don't worry I won't listen."

Somehow, I like it better that a person I don't know so well like L is the one listening to my sobs than to find out that my best friends have been listening to me crying. I just don't like when someone really close to me sees me so fragile...so weak...

So broken...

My legs were growing weaker. I fell on my knees and tears escaped my eyes. This was the first time...

The first time my chest hurt too much it feels like exploding.

I don't know which reason hurt the best...

Was it because he was flirting with me back there? Was it because he said he missed me? Or because I lied I was so happy?

Or... Was it because of what she said?

"If that's so, then why did he leave just to meet you? Do you have a scientific explanation for that?!"

Why? Why didn't he go to their engagement? Why did he go here instead? Did he really come for me? Or am I just assuming things again?

"Stop..." I whispered, covering my face with the palm of my hands. Just stop assuming, Jiyeon. Stop believing that there will be you and him together because in the first place, there was never you and him. Just stop... Stop. I thought. 

I really love him... but it's wrong. It's just so wrong.

Seungho oppa, where are you? Please tell me now, tell me if you don't like me. Just tell me so I'd stop thinking about you. I don't care if it would hurt more... I just want you to tell me. Oppa... Tell me you love her. I want to hear those words.

 

 

 

 

The next chapter will be the last T_T