Chapter 4

The Road Of Love

"The sound of rain at night stirring the melody in my heart. I can't help but think of you and those memories. Inadvertently, my eyes turned wet. Love needs some space to breathe and to keep a distance once in a while. Going back to being just friends and leaving you to be free. My longings for you can only be hidden in my heart. It's been long since I heard about you yet deep in my heart I still miss you. In this cold night, the feeling is familiar. How I long to see you again and hear your voice. The road of love makes people feel helpless. I'm learning to face solitude. Giving my blessings to you, my love. Do you love me? I've always wanted to ask yet afraid to hear your honest answer. This is the only thing I can't let go of. Whatever answer you may give, I will always wait for you.", this lyrics can be heard singing from Taeyeon's room.

She hugged the teddy bear that Jessica gave her previously with her position like a baby. She slits her wrist as she cries and sing. 

**

Taeyeon's mum: Taeyeon-ah it's time for school!

She shouted as she knocked on Taeyeon's room door.

After 10 minutes it was still silent.

Taeyeon's mum: Taeyeon-ah are you awake? You're gonna be late!

Still no response from the girl.

Taeyeon's mum took her room door key and unlocked the room.

Taeyeon's mum: OMO! OTTEOKE!!!! TAEYEON-AH!!!

Taeyeon's mum shrieked as she saw her daughter lying down on the bed with blood all over her hand.

She quickly called for the ambulance.

At the hospital.

The doctor came out of the room.

Doctor: Who is Kim Taeyeon's parents?

Taeyeon's mum: Yes I am. How is she?

Doctor: It's not that serious. But she's suffering from serious depression. She has been injuring herself by slitting her wrists with penknives. She needs to go for counselling. If she continues to inflict injuries to herself, it might affect her health. I suggest you as her family members to monitor her.

Taeyeon's mum: Uhh..? Okay I will. Thank you doctor.

She went into Taeyeon's ward and talked to her.

Taeyeon's mum: Taeyeon my daughter are you okay? Why are you doing this to yourself? I thought isolating yourself in the room and skipping your meals were it but there's more. You're even injuring yourself now. Share with me your problems honey. I can close an eye if you decided to isolate yourself in the room and skipping your meals but I don't want to see you hurting yourself. It hurts me.

Taeyeon kept silent as she looked into the wall. She felt guilty but at the same time she didn't feel like talking to anybody.

Just at that moment, a girl came into her ward.

Tiffany: Hey Tae.. Are you alright? I heard about what happened to you. As you know I'm the president for the counselling club right. I'm in charge of you. I'll be counselling you from now on. Don't worry I won't make you feel burdened or uncomfortable. Just take it that I'm accompanying you. Treat me normally like how you always do okay.

Taeyeon: Hey Tiff. I'm fine. Thanks for the concern but I don't need any counselling. 

Tiffany: It's okay if you don't want to. But please let me accompany you from now on okay. I'll be your best listening ear and leaning shoulder hehe. We can even be best friends you see hee.

Tiffany assured her as she displayed her eye smile.

Taeyeon: If you insist then. 

Taeyeon decided to give in. Furthermore she wouldn't lose to gain a new best friend. 

Tiffany: Let's go to school together tomorrow?

Taeyeon: We'll see..

Tiffany: Come on, just going to school together?

Taeyeon: Let's just see tomorrow if fate allows..

Tiffany: Okay then.

Tiffany smiled again.