Our(?) Playground

F.T. Island Dorm Life

-Seunghyun's POV-

Minari came back with a bunch of nice clothings. We paid and left the store.

"Minari-ah~ Wanna go grab some lunch?"

"Um, ok. Sounds good."

"Any special craving?"

"Err, not really. Besides rice and Hongki hyung's food, I've never really eaten anything else before.."

"Aigoo~ In that case, I'll bring you to a very nice place where the fod taste better than normal rice, ok?" And off we went, to one of the biggest food palace I've known.

--

"Wow~ It's so big in here~"

"Ne, and I've ordered some food for you, so you can tell me which one you like, ne?" And as if on cue, our food came.

"Wow, even the food looks nice~"

"Keke, ne. Let's dig in~" And we began eating.

"Minari-ah, can I ask you something?"

"Ne?"

"It's a little private, so if you don't wanna answer me, it's fine, ok?"

"Ne, ok." I took a deep breath. I didn't know how to ask him the question. It's a little too sad for a happy kid like him.

"Why did you, you know, um, get.. er.. sitting there.. in the streets..?" The cheerful smile from Minari's face dropprd a little with the cheerful atmosphere. "Aigoo, sorry Minari-ah, it's ok if you don't want to.."

"Gwenchana, hyung. It's like that." Minari started, "My biological mother passed away when I was 5, leaving me and my father. He worked hard and tried to earn money for the two of us. We were poor, but happy. When I was 8, my father gotten very busy, as a result, he had no time for me and decided to remarry someone. And a year later, when I was 8, my father got so ill that he passed away, leaving me with my step parents and step sibilings."

He paused to wipe a tear away before continuing, "They treated me almost like a maid as all of them hated me. I was made to do all the chores.The only time I was 'well treated' was dinner time and when I sleep. I was allowed to sleep when I've finished my days' chores and was allowed to eat dinner if I washed the plates afterwards."

"Then why? Why did you get kicked out?"

"I was washing the dishes one day, then 2 of my younger sibilings came into the kitchen while playing ball and they aimed the ball at me, on purpose. Causing me to drop the plate I was washing. The crash of the plate caused my step mother to come, and when she saw the plate, she kicked me out straight away, even before I could explain to her what really happened. It doesn't really matter anyway, cause she'll still side her sons." Minari looked as if he was about to break out into tears. I felt kind of sad for making him recall his sad past to me. Now that I think about it, he was ALOT like Cinderella.

I took out my handkercheif and wiped away his tear. "It's ok, hyung... I'm fine.." I looked at him. So pitiful and fragile.. Makes me want to protect him forever.

"Hyung, we better eat. Our food's getting cold.. *sniff*"

"Uh, ne. Ok.." And we ate in silence.

----------

After eating, we headed back to the dorm. On the way back, I saw this playground I used to play in when I was young. Seems like Minari reconised the playgound as well.

"Minari-ah, anything the matter?"

"Aniyo, hyung.. This playground. It's just, I used to play here when I was young."

"Omo, jinjja? Me too! You wanna go play for a while?" Minari nodded and we went to the direction of the playground. We sat on the swing and started talking about our times when we were at that very playground. After hearing a little of Minari's story here and there, I started to recall something, something important. Then I looked at Minari.. Was it him?

~~~~~~~~~

Wahahaha~ A little cliff hanger here! :D I'm sure you're guessing, "what? What's Minari?" Right? Well, just a little spoiler, it's not that really big of an issue and it's not a bad thing so, uea. :DD Haha, ne. Hope you guys enjoy~! ^^ I'll be back to update some more soon, ok? ;DD Kamsahamnida~ ^^