New Girl

Can We Make It

Suzy POV

After a year of staying with my uncle, I feel comfortable. When he told my dad that I am with him, well I have never seen my dad as angry as before. He agreed after 3 months and as I never returned home once. I got a job and attend school. My uncle said it was unnessary to get a job as he has a job but I felt that it was wrong taking his money so I would save the money or buy things I need like shampoo or clothes. 

It was Thursday when a woman approached and asked if I would like to attend Seoul Arts High School.

"Excuss me miss but we are closing now so I have to ask you to leave." I say. She looks up and smiles.

"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize the time." She smiles. "If you don't mind me asking but do you attend school?" I shake my head yes. 

"I heard you singing today as you were working." 

"Y..you what?" I asked surprised as no one usually notices or they don't care.

"Your voice is nice." I bow at her compliment. "Would you like to attend Seoul Arts High School?"

"Huh but I'm not talented and I only song for fun." 

"Well if you change your mind then call me at this number, we'll be glad to have someone like you!" She gets up and leaves. I look at the card she handed to me and see she is the vice-principle for the school.

I close the shop and head home. I see the lights on in the house and know my uncle is back.

"Hey I thought you didn't get home till Monday." 

"I got things done earlier and booked an early flight."

"Why? You could have stayed and had fun atleast." He shakes his head.

"No I had to come home as I have a 16 year old at home alone." He says sarcastically. "So how was your day today?"

"It was good but do you know a school called Seoul Arts High School."

"Yeah it's where almost all the idols debut from!" 

"Really? I didn't know that." He starts laughing. "Whats so funny?"

"For a teenage girl who always listens to music does not know where idols go to or graduate from." 

"Well you know I'm not some crazy die hard fan like other people and I thought idols usually train before debuting."

"They do! It's just some that still have to attend school always seem to attend Seoul Arts High School." I nod my head and think why that lady wanted me to got there. "It's a privilege though to attend that school. It's a private school and you have to audition to get in or have connections."

"Really? I thought it was just some school that people who can dance or sing attend." 

"Well that's the obvious but they have acting too. Why are you asking about this school in the first place? Do you want to go here." 

"Huh... no it was just some lady heard me singing and asked if I would like to go here." 

"Someone asked you to attend here?" I nod my head yes. "Well did you say yes?"

"No I told her I'm not talented and I only sing for fun." He hits me on the head. "Owww what was that for?"

"This is a private school that's hard to get into and you just say no because you think your not talented." 

"Yes well actually she gave me her card." I say as I hand him the card. "She said to call her if I changed my mind." 

"So do you want to attend?"

"I don't know, I mean it sounds like a good school but I don't dance and I only sing to pass time." 

"It's up to you if you want, I mean I can get your uniform , your school books and whatever else you need." 

"But don't you need help around here."

He pats my head and says "You got a job because it felt wrong taking my money and I'm not behind on bills. And it would be better for you to stay at the school instead of here alone." I nod my head and feel relieved but should I go to this school. Maybe I could follow my dream of being a singer but what if I don't debut and then I can still become a lawyer like my uncle right? 

 

Mark POV

Been a year since I started this school and feel good about debuting soon. I meet a lot of new friends including Taemin who is my  roommate. I started attending auditions for companies that are holding auditions. 

"Hey Mark, are you attending that audition for SM." I hear Taemin ask. 

"I might but I don't know if I should. Aren't you going to the audition?" He nods his head and starts smiling as Sulli walks by. "Why don't you just tell her you like her? You have had a crush on her since we got here." 

"I'm too scared! She might turn me down and never talk to me again." I pat his back and see Zelo talking to some girl. She looks new. I think to myself.

"Hey are we getting a new girl today?" I ask Taemin as he looks up and sees her.

"Oh she must be the one they were talking about." I looked at him confused. "I heard that she was picked out by the vice-principle."

"Really? That's weird I thought the vice-principle didn't take an interest in music." I see Zelo show her our classroom and  she turn to walk away.

"Hey what are you doing?" I hear Zelo say as he walks toward us. 

"Nothing much but was that the new girl you were showing around?" 

"Yeah her name is Suzy and she is really pretty. I can tell she is going to get a lot of admirers." He smiles. "I wonder if she has a boyfriend? I should have asked her." He says as he hits himself in the head.

"Is she in our class?" 

"Huh.. Oh yeah she is but I don't have her in vocal class or dance class." He pouts. "Wait what is your period for vocal and dance class, Taemin?" 

"I have third period vocal class and fifth period dance class."

"Awwww your lucky, you have her in your vocal class. What about you Mark?"

"I have dance sixth period." 

"Why do you guys get her in your classes? I can only see her in the main classroom." He yells and starts to pout some more. "I want to see if she can dance and sing."

"Will just tell you how she did but what is her third elective." I hear Taemin say..

"I think it was acting." I'm surprised she chose that class as usually people that want to become an idol take music classes but others that want to become an actor/actress they take theater classes.

"So she is taking both courses....wow that's a first well after Yoona." Taemin says. 

"But I think she can become an idol as she is pretty and later on try acting like how Yoona did." I say. Taemin and Zelo look at me with weird expressions on their faces. "What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Nothing it's just ever since you started attending here, you never took an interest to the girls here and know you say Suzy is pretty." I look at both of them and feel myself blush. 

"It's just...you said it yourself she is pretty so I agree with you that's it." 

"Okay we believe you, now let's go get ready for the SM audition." I hear Taemin say.