Choosing a Partner

Can We Make It

Zelo POV

"Hyung, when is the audition?" I ask Taemin.

"Its on Friday, so we have 2 days." 

"Friday! I have a test in Math." I look and see Mark hyung.

"So you can't go to the audition?" I hear Taemin ask. He nods his head and I see that he looks troubled. "So then its only me, Zelo, and Kai."

"No, I'm not auditioning if Mark Hyung is not." I say and receive a glare from both of them. "What? I don't want to. It won't be fun without Mark hyung."

"Okay so its only the two of us or are you going to bail on me too." I see Kai shake his head. I go and sit down by Mark.

"Hey hyung, what's the matter?" I ask and he just sighs. "Does it have to do with your parents?" 

"I don't know if I should continue searching for them, I mean they left me so why should I look for them." 

 

"Maybe they had to leave you for some reason. Hyung, you should continue searching for them so you won't you regret it later on." I pat his back and grab my bags.

"Where are you going?" I hear Taemin yell. 

"To see Suzy noona." I say and I get hit in the back of the head by Kai. "Owww what was that for?" 

"Leave her alone, she don't want you bothering her." I hear Kai say.

"How do you know she don't want to see me? Are you jealous hyung?"

"I....I" 

"See you can't say anything. See you guys later." I yell as I run toward the library.

I look around the library and spot Suzy doing her homework. I walk toward her and cover her eyes.

"Guess who?" 

"Well its a male voice and I haven't really talked to anyone so I guess its Zelo." I remove my hands and sit down opposite of her. 

"Your no fun, you could of guess someone else." 

Like who? I only talk to one guy since I came here and that's you." 

"What about Mark hyung." 

"Well he's not the type to cover someone eyes and were not that close." 

"Hmmm point taken, so how are your classes?"

"There good but I'm behind so its kind of hard." 

"Well your catch up. Is your class doing an assignment were you pick a partner and come up with a song." I ask.

"Yeah but I don't know who to partner up with." I look at her and see her pout. She looks cute when she pouts. Wait what am I thinking? 

"Can't you team up with Taemin hyung? He's in your class and you somewhat know each other." 

"Hmm maybe I will ask him but he might already have a partner."

"Well he doesn't so ask him before so else does." 

"Okay, so what movie are we watching this weekend." 

"I don't know." I say. I should have looks at what was showing. "You can pick the movie." 

"Me? What if I pick a girly movie and you guys won't like it."

"I won't mind but Mark hyung might so we'll ask him what he wants to watch okay?" She nods her head and smiles at me which made me look down. 

"Noona, do you want me to walk you to your dorm?" She looks down at her watch and seems surprised about the time.

"Its already eight o'clock, time flew by fast." I looked up at her and saw her struggling to hold the books so I grabbed them from her. "Thanks." She tried to grab them back but I walked away and grabbed her bag. 

"Come on, I'll walk you to your dorm." She caught up with me and grabbed her bag.

"You don't have to carry my things, Zelo." I smiled at her and kept walking.

 

Suzy POV

"Thanks Zelo." I say to him as he hands me back my books.

"Your welcome. I would walk you to your room but boys are not allowed inside the dorms after six o'clock." 

"Its alright, the books are not that heavy." 

"Okay see you tomorrow, noona." I wave at him until I see he can't see me no more.

 

~Next Day ~ 

"Suzy wake up!" I roll over and see Hyeri ready for school. 

"Okay I'm up." I get up and start getting ready for school. Hyeri and I walked to school talking about who to choose for her partner when we saw Mark, Kai, and Taemin. I was going to say hello but Hyeri grabbed me and pulled me inside. When we got into the front of her locker I asked her "Hey what's wrong."

"Nothing just want to get to class early." I look at her and see she is avoiding my eye contact. I look down the hallway and see Taemin, Kai, and Mark coming toward us.

"Hey Suzy." I hear Taemin say.

"Hi Taemin. What could I do for you?" 

"Zelo told me you needed a partner." 

"Oh yeah, I was wondering if you would like to be my partner?" I hear Hyeri cough and see her cheeks are now slightly pink. 

"I'll be your partner, that's would be better so I can get good grade." He looks at at Kai. "At least they won't have me do all the work."

"I helped." 

"You did? I remember you always bailing on me every time I tried to ask for help." 

"Okay I didn't help but if your Suzy's partner than who can I partner up with now." I looknar Hyeri and see her looking at the ground. 

"Hyeri needs a partner!" She hits me on my side before I say anything else. 

"Well then Hyeri is my partner. I'll show you we can write a better song than you." I look at them and see Taemin smirking at him. 

"We'll see." 

"Come on Mark, I still need to get my books from your locker." He grabs Mark by the arm and pulls him away from Taemin. "I'll see you girls later." 

"Well I better catch up with them so see you later." I wave at him and turn my attention on Hyeri.

"So which is it?" I ask her but she pretends she didn't hear. "Oh come on, there were three guys here and you don't say a word." 

"I never said I liked them." 

"Really? Then why did your cheeks turn pink." She covers her cheeks and I see she is embarrassed. "See your embarrassed. Who is it? I won't tell them." 

"Fine, your so stubborn that if I didn't tell you then you would bother me until I do." She looks around before looking back at me. "I like Taemin." 

"You do? Why didn't you tell me earlier? I would have changed partners and you could have been with him." I see her sigh.

"No I like him but he likes someone else. Speaking of which she is walking down the hallways now." I look and see the two girls I saw when I first got here walking toward us. 

"Hey your the new girl here, right?" 

"Huh? Oh yeah I am." 

"Nice to meet you, I'm Krystal and this is Sulli." 

"I'm Suzy." I say. "Not to sound rude but do you need something." 

"Actually the reason is, I want Kai as my partner but I heard him say Hyeri is his partner." I look at Hyeri but she doesn't say anything. 

"We'll ask him if he wants to change. If he does then Hyeri will fond a new partner." 

"Okay I'll ask him now." I hear Krystal say as she walks away with Sulli.

"What are you doing? Why would you give me a partner then take him away." I smile at her and as this is the first time she got mad at me.

"Kai can her as a partner and then I'll ask Taemin if he wants to be your partner instead." 

"Then who is your partner?" 

"I'll find a new one. There is a ton of people here so I'll ask someone." I smile and lock my arms with her.  "Come on, we'll be late to class." 

 

 

Mark POV

"Kai, she said it was alright. " I hear Krystal say. "Ask her for yourself." I see Suzy and Hyeri walk in.

"Hey Taemin can I talk to you?" I see Taemin get up and follow Suzy. 

"Hyeri, you said it was alright for me to be Kai's partner, right?" Krystal asks Hyeri, who nods her head. "See, so I'll see you later Kai." I see Taemin and Suzy walk back in.

"I guess I'm your new partner Hyeri." I look at Suzy and see her smile at Hyeri. The teacher walked in so class started.

I felt someone tap on my shoulder and looked to see Suzy hand me a paper.

Hey, do you have a partner for the assignment? I looked at the for 5 minutes trying to decide if I should reply back or tell her in person but she might think I don't care if I don't reply back. 

No, why? I put the paper back on her desk as she gets out her notebook. I felt another tap on my shoulder so I grabbed the note from her hand.

Will you be my partner? I turn around and see her working on the paper the teacher gave us. 

"I'll be your partner." I whisper to her and she smiles at me. 

It was time to go to the next class so I grab my books but I looked at Suzy and notice she fell asleep. Iandook her arm but she didn't budge so I moved her book and her face hit the table. 

"Owww" she says as she rubs her face. 

"Sorry, I shook your arm but you didn't wake up and usually when Kai falls alseep , I remove the thing that's supporting him."

"Its alright. Did the class already end?" She looks around and starts to gather her books.

"Yeah it did. So when do you want to start on the project?"

"Well we could tonight but I have plans with Zelo so tomorrow?" 

"Okay, see you later." I say as I leave the classroom. 

"Hey Mark, where have you been?" I turn around and see Taemin.

"Oh I was still in the classroom." 

"Oh okay, I wonder who Suzy is going to be partner with." 

"Uhh it's me." I say as I put my books into my locker. 

"She asked you, so you were the one she wanted to partner with from the start." I looked at him and I must have looked surprised as he says "Well she told me that she wanted to ask someone else but I think its because Hyeri didn't have a partner no more."

"Really?" 

"I'm just guessing but this is the first time you partnered with the opposite gender." I hit him on the back of the head. "Owww. Its true." He rubs the back of his head. "Since you came here, every girl that asked you out or asked to be your partner for something you said no." 

"Well the girls that asked me out weren't my type and the partner thing, the girls were the type to slack off." 

"See you think of things that I don't even have time to think about." I go to hit him again but he dodges it this time. "Okay I'll quit talking. Let's go get some lunch." We start walking toward the cafeteria when I see Suzy talking to someone. I open the door but I look at Suzy and see the guy has pushed her into the locker. I run toward her and grab the guys hand before he could hit her. 

"What do you think your doing? Hitting a girl." I look at him and he looks familiar.

"Hey Mark, long time no see."