JYP audition

Can We Make It

Hyeri POV 

"Zelo, where are you taking us?" I ask as he is pulling Suzy and me toward the school entrance.

"We are going out for a real meal instead of eating the school food." 

"I can't leave! I have homework to do." I yell. Zelo stops and faces toward Suzy and I.

"Then Suzy and I can go." I watch as he grabs Suzy's hand and runs toward the entrance. I shake my head as Zelo has been hanging around Suzy lately. 

"How come you didn't go with them?" I hear someone say. I turn around and see Kai standing there. 

"I have homework to do and I think Zelo wants to hang out more with Suzy than me." I say.

Kai nods his head and I'm about to walk toward my dorm when he asks "Do you want to eat with me?"

"What about Taemin and Mark?" 

"Taemin is helping Mark for an audition with JYP." He says. "So do you want to eat with me?"

"I don't know if I should, Krystal might get mad." I look at him and see him sigh.

"We broke up a long time ago." 

"You guys broke up but I thought I saw you guys yesterday on a date." I say trying to remember if I really did see them or someone else. 

"No, yesterday, I was with her but I was telling her to quit calling me." I nod my head and remember seeing Krystal crying in the girls restroom. "So do you want to or not?" 

"Sure, it would better than sitting by myself." I say and start walking toward the cafeteria.

When we get to the cafeteria, I see Sulli sitting by Taemin and feel my heart tighten a little. I walk toward the buffet and start grabbing food and sit down facing away from Taemin and Sulli. Kai sits in front of me and I feel people looking at us but I ignore it. 

"Are you alright?" I hear Kai ask.

"I'm fine." 

"Are you sure since we sat down you haven't touched your food." 

"Its just.." I can't think of an excuse so I just look down. It was quiet and I looked back up at Kai and see his fist tightened. I look where he is looking and see Krystal holding hands with some guy. Krystal looks at us and starts walking toward us.

"So this is why you broke up with me for her." She says to Kai. 

"Yeah I did." I hear Kai say. "She at least is a better girlfriend than you ever were." I look at Krystal and see tears in her eyes. 

"After 7 months of us being together, you say she is better. We break up and you go find yourself a different girl right after." I look at Kai and see him soften but he shakes his head.

"7 months of me waiting for you. Every time I go out with you on a date you would always wear a disguise or say you were to busy for me. I understand that you were preparing to debut but I didn't think it was because you were cheating on me." I look at the guy Krystal walked in with and he seems shocked about the whole thing too. 

"You were dating him while you were with me? You said you didn't date anyone from your school because you didn't want scandals." I see everyone starting to gather so I grab Kai's arm and pull him toward the doors. We walk for awhile until I see no one is around. 

"Are you alright?" I ask. 

"No I'm not. Why did I date her?" He looks at me with sad eyes and I don't know what got into me but I hug him. I stand there holding him when I hear someone clear their throat. I look and see it's Taemin. I let go of Kai and put some distance between us.

"Sorry to interrupt but I just wanted to know if you were alright." Kai nods his head. I look at Taemin and see Sulli standing behind him holding her hand. "Okay just call if you want to talk later." He walks by Kai and pats his back. I watch as they leave and feel my heart break a little. 

"We must have bad luck in love." I look at Kai and see him staring at me.

"What do you mean?" 

"You don't have to lie. I know you like Taemin." 

"I...I don't like him." I stutter. 

"Don't worry, I didn't tell anyone."

"How did you know I liked him?" I ask as I never told anyone that I like Taemin except for Suzy.

"Well you stare at him a little longer than you should, I thought you hated us as you avoided us but then I thought you must like one of us as your cheeks would turn slightly pink." I stare at him amazed that he watched me. "I'll walk you back to your dorm." 

 

Suzy POV

I was waiting a long time time before my named got called. I was auditioning for Superstar K as a Duo but Hyeri was sick so I came alone. I didn't think I would be nervous but I was. I looked around and saw kids with their parents. I look at my phone and see a text from my uncle telling me good luck. I hoped that my dad would show up with a bouquet of flowers and say good luck or do a good job but I know that would never happen.

"Bae Suji." I look at up and see a girl standing there holding a clipboard. "Bae Suji." I walk up to her and hand her my papers. 

"Okay you can enter." 

After the audition I felt better but I didn't make it so I'll try somewhere else. I was heading to the bathroom when some guy approached me. 

"Are you Bae Suzy?" I nod my head and he hands me some papers.

"Just show up here at this time and make sure to prepare a dance and song." I look at the papers and see the top says JYP. 

"I think you have..."

"Make sure to show up, I saw you in the audition and I think you can become a star if you train here." He walks off and I stand there in amazement. I walk to the bus stop when I see Mark sitting there. 

I walk up behind him and yell "Boo!" He flinches and looks back at me.

"What are you doing here?" He asks. 

"I had an audition for Superstar K." I say as I sit down by him. 

"Really? Did you pass?" 

"No I didn't but some guy came up to me and gave me these." I hand the papers to him and he seems surprised.

"You didn't even audition for the first part and you passed." I look at him and wonder what he is talking about.

"What do you mean?" 

"I auditioned to become a JYP trainee and there is three parts to pass." I nod my head as I listen to him. "See I got the same thing." He hands me his papers and I look through and notice they are the same. 

"So I passed an audition without even knowing." I say as I'm trying to understand.

"Yeah today was the first part of the audition for JYP, that's where I was." 

"Really? That means you pass if you have these." I hold up the papers. "Congratulations!" I say as I hug him. I pull back and I feel myself blush as it's a habit for me to hug people but it felt different when I hugged Mark. 

"I'm sorry." I say as I look at the ground.

"It's alright." I look down the street and see the bus coming. We get on the bus and it's pack. I try to go toward the back but I'm between two guys. I try not to look worried but I am as one of the boys shifts toward me.

"Hey, what's your name?" 

"Are you talking to me?" I ask.

"Yeah who else would I be talking too." I nod my head and look around for Mark but I don't see him. "Who are you looking for? Your boyfriend?"

"I..."

"Hey there you are?" Someone holds out their arm and I grab his arm. He guides me toward them and I look up to see it's Mark. He puts his arm around my waist and pulls me close to him. We stay like this until we get off the bus.

"Ummm thanks." I say. He nods his head. 

"So are you going to rehearse for the next part of the audition." I ask him. 

"Yeah, do you want to rehearse with me?" 

"No I should do it myself but I think I'm going to need help." I say.

"Okay, I'll help you and I will rehearse for my part." I nod my head and smile. I see the school ahead but I don't want to return, it's been awhile since I went out.

"You can go ahead." I say to him as I stop.

"What? Your not going back?" 

"I will but I haven't been out in awhile so I want to have a couple more hours." 

"What about curfew?" I look at my watch and see it's 1:30.

"I'll be back before then." 

"So what are you going to do?" He asks.

"Probably go to the mall, I need a few things and look at some stuff." 

"Then I'll go with you." I look at him and see him turn around and start walking toward the street. "Aren't you coming?" I nod my head and run to catch up with him.