Preparing for an Audition

Can We Make It

Mark POV

"What do you think your doing? Hitting a girl!" I yell as I grab his arm. He pushes my arm away and throws Suzy back into the locker.

"Remember what I said." He turns toward me and smiles. "Hey Mark, long time no see." He looks familiar but I don"t care to chase him as I hear Suzy crying.

"Hey, are you alright? Do you need to go to the nurse?"

"No I'm alright." She says between sobs. I kneel down and wipe the tears from her eyes. I look around and see a couple of students watching so I help Suzy up and guide her toward the rooftop. I sit her down on a bench and sit next to her.

"What happened Suzy?" I ask as she tries to stop crying.

"Its a long story."

"Well we have a lot of time." I say as I wrap my jacket aorund her. She seems surprised at my action but pulls the jacket closer.

"Don't you have to go to class."

"I will but not until you do so were stuck here."

"You don't have too." I sit down next to her adn wait for her to speak. After awhile she starts to speak. "It was one of my dad's workers. My dad tried to arrange a marriage for me but I wouldn't agree to it so I ran away. I live with my uncle after my dad agreed to it but his workers still come around and threaten me." I hear her sigh and then continue "He only wants to marry me off so his company can expand."

"Why would your dad marry you off just like it's nothing. I mean if I had a daughter, I wouldn't want her marrying just anyone."

"I don't know. He always got me what I wanted or let me do whatever so he said that I owe him this much." I see a tear escape from her. "That's why I ran away, my uncle is my mom's brother. He and my dad don't get along so my maid said that he was a friend of my mom's but I found out he was my uncle."

"So you only came here to get away from your dad." I ask as I'm curious of why she came here.

"No. I didn't want to attend here but my uncle convinced me. I use to sing a lot when I was younger but after my mom died I sort of gave up."

"Do you want to debut?" I look from the corner of my eye and see she is thinking about what I said. "I haven't heard you sing but Taemin says you have a beautiful voice and well you can dance better than the girls in class so I assume you want to debut."

"I would like to debut but I'm scared of what my dad will do when I do debut and he sees me."

"I'll protect you." I say before thinking. "I mean, I'll help you so he doesn't find out until you do debut." She nods her head and smiles. I hear the bell ring and we both get up to attend class. "Come on before were late." We walk in silence all the way until we get to her locker. She takes off my jacket and hands it back to me.

"You can keep it until school ends. Your skirt has dirt on it probaly from the bench." She nods her head and takes off her jacket and puts on mine. "Well I'll see you in 6th period." I walk off but I feel arms come around me and look back to see Suzy.

"Thank you." She whispers and lets me go before walking to her class. I don't know how to react so I just smile.

 

Taemin POV

I forgot my math book in my locker so I turn around to go get it when I see Mark. I'm about to call out his name when I see a girl hug him from behind. I wait to see who the girl was and when she turns around I see it is Suzy. I wait for Mark to get to his locker when I sneak up behind him.

"Boo!" He jumps and hits the side of his locker.

"Owww." He rubs his arm and looks at me. "What are you doing?" 

"Just wanted to see if your paying attention."

"What do you mean?" 

"Hmmm I mean I saw Suzy hug you. So are you guys dating?" 

"No were not..." I look at him and see him staring at his locker.

"Your not? Then why do you sound like you want to." He shrug his shoulders. 

"I'll see you later." He walks toward his class and I watch him turn the corner. 

"What did I come here for?" I ask myself. "Oh yeah, a math book." I open Mark's locker and grab his math book. 

After school I'm waiting for Kai to show up for practice when Hyeri and Suzy walk in. 

"Oh sorry, we thought no one was in here." They turn to leave when I stop them. 

"Wait!" I yell. "You guys can stay. I was suppose to practice with Kai but he is late so you guys can practice here." They nod their heads and I see them put their stuff down and start warming up. 

"Can I join you guys?" I ask as I don't think Kai is coming any soon.

"Sure." I hear Hyeri say. 

I start stretching and notice that Hyeri and Suzy don't talk much. 

"What are you guys practicing for?" I ask as I am curious. 

"Oh well we thought we would just audition and see if we pass." 

"You guys don't have a certain agency you want to go to like SM, JYP, or YG?" 

"No I don't really have one in mind but I would like to become a trainee and see if I could debut." I look at Suzy and see her thinking. 

"What about you Suzy?" 

"I would like to be where Big Bang is but I don't think I would pass their audition." I see Suzy smile as she mentions Big Bang.

"Do you like Big Bang?" 

"Like? She loves Big Bang, you should see our room, their so many posters of them that I think if she got anymore our room would look like a museum." Suzy hits Hyeri on the arm.

"You guys are like real sisters." 

"I know, we have only known each other for a week and we seem like we have known each other forever." I hear Hyeri say.

"Are you guys auditioning for SM?" 

"No we might not be ready in time so we are going to audition for Mnet and any others that pop up." Suzy says.

"Would you guys want to audition with me and Kai? We could rework our dance and song for you." 

"No it's alright, I have to practice a dance routine for awhile before I get it." Hyeri says.

"Okay, well do you guys want me to help you with a routine?" 

"Yeah we might need it." Suzy says. I help them in with a few moves and notice how quick they both catch on. 

"Okay now drop this leg and turn." I watch both of them and smile as they caught on quick. "Kay, now put the whole thing together and you have  a routine." They dance to the music and both of them are on beat. After Suzy and Hyeri stop dancing, I hear clapping. I look over and see Zelo, Mark, and Kai standing there. 

"You guys are great. Are you practicing for an audition?" They both nod their heads as they are out of breath.

"Where were you Kai? I have been waiting for an hour."

"Well I sort of fell asleep." 

"Sort of? When I walked in he was out and it took awhile for him to wake up." I hear Mark say. 

"Its alright, I know its been hard for you." He nods his head and I look around for Zelo but he is gone. I look toward were Hyeri and Suzy were and they are gone. "Where did they go?" Kai and Mark look around.

"Where did they go?" I hear Kai ask. 

"I don't know but he is probably happy that he is with Suzy." I hear Kai say.

"What do you mean?" I look at Mark.

"Well haven't you guys notice that all Zelo wants to do is hang out with Suzy." Mark shrugs his shoulders. "Come on don't you think its weird. Why would he all of a sudden want to hang out with a girl instead of us? He likes Suzy." Mark walks off and starts stretching. I hit Kai on the arm.

"What?" 

"Why do you say that when Mark is around? Don't you know that he likes Suzy too but won't admit it." Kai looks at Mark and smiles. 

"Really? After a year here, he finally likes a girl." He puts his arm around me and whispers "This is bad for those two though." He puts his arm down when Mark puts on his head phones. 

"They both like the same girl, what are we going to do?" 

"I don't know, its all up to whoever Suzy wants to date." 

"This will be interesting, don't you think, I mean it might break someone's heart but it's interesting how they both like the same girl." I hear him sigh. "After knowing both of them, they are both different but fall for the same girl. What's so special about her that they like?"

"Maybe it's because she's pretty and different." I say. After awhile Kai doesn't say anything so I look at him and he is looking me. "What?" 

"Do you like her too?" 

"No! You know who I like. It's just, spending time with her makes you want to know her more." 

"Maybe I should hang out with her." I hear him say as he walks toward Mark.