New Beginnings

Can We Make It

Suzy POV

~A year ago~

"Dad, what do you mean marry me off?" I ask surprised. 

"I want to marry you off to my friends son!" I can't believe what I just heard.

"Dad you must be joking, I'm too young to get married and I don't like the idea." 

"Your my daughter and you will do as I say!" He yelled at me. This is the first time that my dad has ever yelled at me. That night I went to bed but couldn't deal with the fact that he wants to marry me off just for his company. I know it's going downhill but I'm not an object to just give away. Some times I wonder if he is really my dad. This is the first time in six months that I see him and he tells me this. I grab my suitcase and start packing. I have at least four bags with all my clothes. 

"How am I suppose to take these down stairs without him noticing." I whisper to myself. I hear a knock at my door and I immediately hide my suitcases in my closet. 

"Come in!" I see it's our maid. "What brings you here?" I ask.

"I just wanted to make sure your alright, I heard what happen in the living room." I nod my head and see her turn her head toward the drawers that were still open. "Miss are you planning on going?"

"No just thought I spend a night at a friends house!"

"Oh okay." I hear her say. "Your dad left to attend a meeting so if you plan on leaving I suggest you leave now." She says as she closes the door. How did she know I was leaving. I get the suitcases down the stairs and grab my purse for some money. I put the luggage outside and close the door. The taxi driver grabs my bags and puts it into the trunk, I'm about to leave when Bella comes out. 

"Here take this, this is a close friend of your mom's. He should be at home now as he just got back from the U.S."

"So you want me to go to his place and say I need a place to stay help me."I say sarcastically. "Yeah like he will let me in."

"Just tell him I sent you and what your name is. He should remember you."

"Okay but what if he doesn't and I end sleeping on the streets." 

"Oh he'll remember. Your name is not hard to remember." She says as she hugs me. "Be careful and I'll try to calm down your dad. Follow your dreams okay? Don't let anyone ruin your chances." I nodded my head and hugged her back.

I showed the taxi driver the address and he started driving toward there. I arrived in front of the house. I paid the taxi driver and grabbed my bags to head toward the door. I knocked on the door, no one was answering so I decided to just go check in at a hotel.

"Hello, who are you?" I was surprised at the voice. 

"Umm my maid sent me here." I say. "She said you were a close friend of my mom."

He nods his head and looks at my bags. "Well come on in." He says as he grabs my bags. 

"Not to sound strange or anything but you don't know me well and are just going to let me in."

"I guess your dad never told you huh?" I look at him and notice he has the same eyes as my mom. 

"No my dad is never home long enough to talk about anything personally."

"Well you should sit down before I tell you something that might shock you." I sat down on the couch and listened to him telling me that he is my uncle. At first I didn't believe it but the. I noticed he has similar features to my mom and he showed some family pictures of her..

"if your my uncle then why did you never show up at any of my birthday parties." I ask as I am curious.

"I never liked your dad nor he didn't like me and he never invited me to your birthday parties." 

"So you decided to just cut me from your life. I never had family around me except for my mother and grandpa but after they both died no one would even visit. I thought I didn't have family!" I yell at him. 

"I'm sorry and I wanted to see you but your dad and I would just arguing so I quit visiting." I hear him say. "I never forgot you as you were the only thing that could remind me of my sister. I sent you gifts every year, didn't you get them." I finally know why every year I would get snowglobes or jewelry that looked to expensive to buy.

"You sent those gifts, I always thought they were from my maid to cheer me up." I say. "Ummm not to sound rude or anything but can I live here with you." He looked up and started to say something but just out his head back down. 

" You don't have to say yes, it's just I don't want to go home." 

"Why?" I hear him ask.

"Well my dad wants to marry me off for his company but I don't want to so I sort of ran away." He looked mad as I said marry off. 

"Wait tell I see him, I told no matter what happens to that company to leave you out of this." I hear him say as I gets up to go to the door. 

"No don't leave. He can't know I'm here." I say as I grab his arm. "Which reminds me on what we were talking about. So can I stay here until I graduate. I'll help around the house and get a job if that's what it will take to stay here." 

"I...." I must have looked pitiful as he rubbed his head. "Fine you can say here but I'm going to have to have to talk to your dad, which won't be easy." 

 

Mark POV

~A year ago~ 

"Hey you did good today!" I hear my brother yell. 

"Yeah I was nervous but I hope I get in." He patted my back.

"With your talent and rapping skills you should get in easy." I nod my head. 

My brother has raised me since I was 11 years old. He was 16 at the time and had to find a job. My parents gave me up for adoption as they were too young to care for me as they were still teenagers too. When I was small I always remembered I felt envious of the kids that got adopted. I wanted parents so bad that I would always be on my best behavior around adults but it never helped as they always adopted other kids. Kang-jun was 16 when he wanted to leave the orphanage. I was close to him and always thought of him as an older brother. When he wanted to leave I went with him. We got a house and he started to work. I didn't want him to miss out on school so he would attend school and I would help around the house. We leaves a hard life but when he graduated it, it became better as he started to work at an autoshop. I would always hang around and make some extra cash by dancing in the street. 

"Hey hyung, are you sure you can afford to send me to school?" I ask as I never really asked for money.

"It'll be alright and I have the savings we saved for in case of emergency." I nod my head and hug him. 

"Thanks hyung, I never be auditioning for this school if it weren't for you." 

"Yeah, I love you too bro." I hear him say.

I got a packaged a week later, saying I got accepted I was so happy and felt relieved. I only wanted to go to this school because idols are always debuting from this school. I want to find my parents so I can ask why they gave me up. I never liked that I would miss them but something always seemed missing in my heart.