Fiction Within A Fiction

A Piece of Eternity

[Author's Note]

 

This is a special chapter. I always have Fiction within a Fiction in my stories...I wrote this for quite sometime now. I hope you enjoy it. Happy Monday, people!

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Yeong Won's Special Chapter

 

 

I turn the knob and walk in the place.

 

            “How come you’re the spirit of time yet you often arrive late?” Destiny says while sitting next to Death, twisting nemself around nem.

            “Stop exaggerating. I’m just on time.” I reply cooly. I’m used to nir way of talking to me because for unknown reason, Destiny always has this fondness for bullying me. After forever of working with nir, I think I already developed an immunity to nir antics though there are few moments when ne still drives me mad.

I walk pass them. I’m on time for the get together it’s just that they all arrive early since they’re not as busy as I am.

            “Oh I see that you all are having fun already.” I comment as I go to the counter and take the bar stool next to Nature.

              “It’s been decades since the last time I saw you.” I say to nir.

            “Yeah…humans are giving me a lot of migraine nowadays…” ne rolls ner eyes. I noticed how pale nir face is. The color of ner hair is not as bright and vibrant as it used too. Humans…with the growth of their so-called technology, is causing A LOT of damage to earth.

            “And they call nir ‘Mother Nature’….” Weather suddenly appears behind the bar counter. “You got monsters children then..” ne says to nir.

Nature and I chuckle with Weather’s sarcastic humour.

            “The typhoon you created in the east was a total work.” I says.

Weather grins.

            “You know, humans need to be reminded once in a while. Those motherf*ckers better stop ing around or else they’re gonna be in a real sh*tstorm.” Ne says.

I shook my head lightly. Classic Weather, the foul-mouthed spirit….Sometimes I wonder if Weather is the one who invented cursing….Nir language has always been full of swearing. Ne sounds like a jerk but ne’s a very good friend of mine.

Humans often says that “Mother Nature fights back” but that’s completely untrue. We spirits has no jurisdiction in causing pain to the humans. Though Weather talks with disgust against humans, ne would never do anything under nir ability to inflict pain. Ne’s just doing nir job which is to release natural disasters to maintain the balance of the earth. Whatever happens to humans is a result of their own doings.

            “Here, check this out.” Ne says and starts to mix drinks. Ne moves swiftly and pours us a drink. I pick up one and sees the cocktail moving like a whirlpool inside the glass.

            “Cool…” I utter.

            “Try it, it’s the real sh*t.”

We cheers and drink.

            “Hmm…this is so good….very refreshing.” Nature exclaims. “Promise me that you’d make me another one of this later.”

            “Absof*ckinlutely.” 

We stare at the others that are sitting on the floor. Love, Luck, Dream, and Music.

            “Oh, c’mon!” Music exclaims.

Another round had passed and Luck won again. Who’s in their right mind would play a card game with the spirit of luck? Yeah…them.

            “You won all forty seven rounds?! You’re insane….” Love utters with a smile.

Luck smiles widely. The four stands up and approaches us.

            "Can you believe that? That's crazy, right?" Love turns to Weather.

           “Well, I'm sure that it's one hell of a mind game.” Weather says while giving them cocktails. Then ne turns to Luck. "As for you freakin' b*stard.... off and die." ne jokes.

Luck grins and takes a shot.

            “Humans in casinos are now in panic because you’re using all the luck to yourself.” I tease Luck.

              “Ehehehehe.” Ne chuckles brightly.

Ne’s the laid back type. Always smiling…always in a good mood…maybe because ne is Luck nemself?

               “Where’s your twin?” I ask nem.

            “Probably lost nir way again. Ne was too excited lately because Friday the 13th is near.” Luck answers.

I just smile at him. Luck’s twin is none other than Misfortune. Unlike us, this spirit has no human form. Ne’s got an appearance of a black cat.

Dreams starts yawning.

            “So sleepy….I gotta rest for a bit.” Ne says.

            “Already hit the limit?” Nature asks nem.

            “Yeah…Wake me up later.” Ne answers. Dream lies down on the sofa and sleep. Ne is such a sleepyhead that’s why ne got the lowest energy level among us. What do you expect from the spirit of sleep and dreams?

             “Sup Time!” Music greets me.

            “Good…good. Look at you…..” I gave nem a quick scan. “You look so chic.” I compliment.

Music smiles sweetly. Among all the spirit, Music is the one who constantly changes appearance. Definitely the most fashionable. We all could shift forms but Music is the only spirit who does that all the time.

            “So you’re a girl today huh? Hot…” Weather jokes in a very deep tone.

Music leans to the counter and gives nem a middlefinger..

            “Very much…” Music says in the same deep tone.

            “Oh….that’s touching…..” Weather reacts like he really is touched.

The three of us grin widely. Music winks at me. We had another shot. Weather’s brow furrows.

            “What the is that?” Weather utters.

I look at where nir gaze at. Destiny still got nir arms tied around the quiet Death. Ne’s clinging tightly to the poor fellow like a snake.

            “Hey, you can change your name into the Duct Tape Spirit.” Weather mocks nem.

            “It’s none of your business, Arse.” Destiny replies.

            “Will you give it a break? You’re not even a real female.” I say.

If Music often shifts form between a male and female, Destiny never shifts at all. Spirits have no gender but ne’s always feel and portray nemself like a female. Ne has this ‘crush’ on Death since forever and ne’s literally all over nem whenever Death is around. Destiny doesn’t care about socializing with others and often occupy nemself by sticking to the guy.

            “Oh shut up oldie! You’re just jealous….” Ne answers.

            “Jealous?! Me? Huh! Excuse me, YOU ARE A NIGHTMARE.” I answer back.

Weather chuckles loudly.

Like Nature and Weather, Destiny and I are often together due to our duties. I’m so sick of nir because of nir demanding attitude. A control freak and a big, irritating nagger who does nothing but to boss around.

                   “You! Scumbag! Awful, hideous creature!” Destiny yells.

            “I’d rather take that than to be handsome in your eyes. I’d kill myself if that happens.”

Weather burst into a laughter.

I look at Death’s face. Ne’s just keeping still but I hear nir thoughts screaming HELP.

            “C’mon, give the spirit a break…Jeez!” I say.

Death is the most boring and most silent spirit. I don’t know why Destiny is so obsess with nem. I don’t think Death shares the same enthusiasm as nir. It’s like Destiny is a self-proclaimed girlfriend of Death.

Don’t get it wrong, spirits don’t have emotions though we have an understanding what each emotion is. We don’t fall in love like humans do so we can’t be couples with our fellow spirits. We’re all the same…equal with one another so don’t entertain the thought of shipping.

            “Go to hell!” Destiny says.

            “It’s that fellow you’re strangling with your embrace who goes there. Why would you order me to go there?” I say.

            “Ugh! I soooo hate you!” ne says.

            “How do you manage working with that ?” Weather asks.

I leave out a deep breath.

            “You had no idea…” I utter.

We grin and make a toast.

            “You made Destiny mad again? Her nostrils are flaring.” Love leave the others and joins us.

Nature, Music, and Luck are still busy talking to the side.

            “Since you’re here…I need a word with you.” I decided to open up something.

She smiles sheepishly like she already know what I’m going to say.

             “Why on earth did you get your hands on Seo Joohyun and Jung Yonghwa?” I ask.

            “Well….I saw them and I think they’re a good match so I couldn’t help but to hook ‘em up.” Ne answers.

            “You know that they’ll get hurt because of the love you planted in their hearts, right?”

Seo Joohyun will be crossing the afterlife soon and she’ll leave Yonghwa.

            “Atleast I granted them a gift….”

            “You guys still do stuff like that? Intercepting with human lives?” Weather says.

            “Love doesn’t always have to be fairytale-like. What matters is the moment where both share the same feelings.” Love says and turns to Weather. "What do you think about that Weather?"

            “Well....let's see…human lives is like a book. It has different chapters. They crosses paths with different people who would contribute to their learnings in life. They’re basically characters in each other’s book and they don’t always have to show up until the end. If this person is not included in the last chapter, does it mean that person is not a part of that story? No, because somewhere along its pages, that character played a part and he/she will forever be engraved in that book.” Weather says.

I totally agree with them. I remember that I told Seo Joohyun the same thing earlier.

            “You see, in love it’s not always about how long you can stay together but how you use the amount of time together. Being able to smile just as you look back to the memories is also happiness and having that memory to treasure in your mind and heart is also love.”

            “Don’t worry Time, they’ll be alright.” Love says.

            “Let’s drink for Seo Joohyun and Jung Yonghwa.” Weather proposes a toast.

We clink our glasses together and drink.

            “Now it’s time for a real partyyyyy!!!” Music screams and plays a dancebeat.

Music truly is the life of the party.

            “Let’s do this man.” Weather says.

            “Dance with me?” Love tells nem.

            “ing A!”

I watch as the two joins the others in the dance floor. I sit on the sofa and Dream wakes up.

            “Party like humans?” ne asks as ne gazes at them.

            “Yeah…so you better leave dreamland for now buddy.” I say to nem.

 

________________________________________________________________

 

 

Yeong Won: Spirit of Time. Well, you know him....

 

http://digital-art-gallery.com/oid/33/640x738_7210_Fenris_2d_fan_art_male_portrait_elf_fantasy_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

Nature: A very mild and caring spirit. Appears to be the most mature among them. Ne's the 'life of Earth'.        

Weather: The spirit known for nir strong character. Ne uses a lot of profanity in nir speech gaining the nickname, 'Potty Mouth'. Also, ne's a very close friend to Yeong Won.

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxMcX670GFRtC1JDlOpUM

Luck: The 'laid-back' spirit who often offers smile to everyone. Known for being in extremely good mood all the time.

Misfortune: Twin of Luck. Ne's happy and busy every Friday the 13th because ne think that ne's the main character for that particular day.

                                           

 

                                                                                

Dream: Spirit of Sleep and Dreams. An absolute 'Sleepyhead'.

                                                               fantasy_cg_character_wallpaper_i-chen_li

Death: Also known as 'The Grim Reaper'. Ne's tight-lipped and observant most of the time. Ne has the coldest character among all the spirits. Ne's the subject of Destiny's obsession.

Destiny: a.k.a. 'Serendipity' and 'Fate'. Ne's a regular partner to Yeong Won. Ne terrorizes Yeong Won while clings like a lovesick monkey to Death. Ne's possessive when it comes to Death and claims that they're an item when obviously they're not.

                                                                     

Love: Ne is the affection, passion, and desire in every form. Ne has the best understanding of love--one of the best gift of God to humans. Ne wishes nothing but bliss for the humans so ne likes to spread love around the world.The 'Ultimate Matchmaker'

                                                                                                Hot dance party Picture  (3d, character, girl, woman, redhead, portrait)

Music: The rhythm, harmony, and melody that sets the mood. Basically the life of parties. Ne is the 'Party Shaker'.