Chapter 8. Seung Jo vs Jin Woo?

TWIST OF FATE...OR MAYBE NOT?

 

Chapter 8:  Seung Jo vs Jin Woo?

 

Seung Jo was so pissed off at having to look for Oh Ha Ni in the streets leading to their suburbs. He tried to drive slowly and stopped at times to check some corners of the road.

 

It’s just her third day with us and she’s already being a burden. Appa made a wrong choice!

 

He continued to drive around, hoping to see her somewhere. He wracked his brain to visualize what Ha Ni was wearing that morning. What is she wearing? Hmmm… She’s wearing a knee-length red coat over a nice dress. Not bad…at least she’s got some fashion sense.

 

He eventually came to the area not so far from their residence. He spotted a girl standing in front of a ert-looking old man who apparently was making an evil move on her. The crimson outfit of the girl looked familiar… The same girl who rode with her to the university that morning.

 

Damn! Oh Ha Ni!

 

He immediately stepped on the gas to get to her immediately. He needed to get her away from that man. He felt really angry at that moment…he wanted to punch the man…he wanted to scold Ha Ni…he felt that had to reach her as fast as possible!

 

**Beep! Beep!**

 

He was interrupted by sounds of honking and screeching tires. He saw a white car abruptly roll to a stop from nowhere to Ha Ni’s side on the road, scaring away the harasser immediately.

 

Seung Jo remained in his car which he stopped not very far from the scene. He was about to come out and walk to her when a young man came out of the other car. To Seung Jo’s surprise, the young man pulled Ha Ni to a hug. From the light of the streetlamp, he recognized the young man.

 

Seung Jo’s face went rigid.

 

What are you doing here, Park Jin Woo?

 

 

********************

“Are you okay, Oh Ha Ni?”

 

Ha Ni stared at the man who rescued her. Her eyes were already teary because of fright.

 

“Jin Woo”

 

Park Jin Woo stepped closer to her and impulsively gave her a comforting hug. Just what are you doing, Park Jin Woo? He was also surprised by his actions but he felt he needed to make Ha Ni feel better.

 

1…2…3…4…5 seconds.

 

“Thank you. If it weren’t for you, I don’t know what that man could have done to me…” Ha Ni sniffed a little and broke free from Jin Woo’s hug. She wiped her face and gave Jin Woo a weak smile. “I’m okay now.”

 

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Jin Woo’s face relaxed when Ha Ni nodded.

 

“What are you doing here all alone? Do you live around here?”

 

Before Ha Ni could answer, a grayish silver car parked in front of them, adjacent to Jin Woo’s car. Seung Jo hastily came out of the car and walked to Ha Ni.

 

“So you’re just here meeting with some guy while omma worriedly waits for you.” He crossed his arms and looked arrogantly at Jin Woo. Ha Ni opened to explain but Jin Woo beat her to it.

 

“She isn’t meeting ‘some guy’. She encountered a ert and luckily I reached her before anything happened.” Jin Woo returned Seung Jo’s cold gaze. Then he turned to Ha Ni.  “Do you know him Ha Ni?”

 

Ha Ni nodded. “I am living in their house temporarily.”

 

Jin Woo looked surprised but he did not further comment.

 

SeungJo grabbed Ha Ni’s things from her and motioned her to get into his car.

 

Ha Ni reluctantly followed, bowing many times to Jin Woo before riding Seung Jo’s car. “Thank you again. See you at school.”

 

Seung Jo gave one last fierce look at Jin Woo before slamming his door shut and driving away.

 

********************

'Just what are you up to, Park Jin Woo?'  Seung Jo thought.

 

********************

A/N: Sorry for the short update. Thank you for reading!