Chapter 15. Flashbacks (Part 1)

TWIST OF FATE...OR MAYBE NOT?

Chapter 15. Flashbacks

 

Ha Ni’s eyed widened as Sung Jo’s lips covered hers. It was actually just more of a liplock than the kind Ha Ni imagined for her first kiss. But then it was more nerve-wracking than what she imagined it to be! She was too shocked to move!

 

She did not even notice at once when he broke the kiss. Seung Jo did not look at Ha Ni, his cold gaze darted back to Jin Woo who stood speechless still clutching the bouquet of flowers.

 

 Ha Ni, too stunned to react, never heard what Seung Jo barked at Jin Woo.

 

“Just back off!” Seung Jo spat venomously, then lightly pushed Ha Ni down to the passenger seat and drove away.

 

********************

 

Ha Ni refused talking to Seung Jo the next few days. She was mad at him for kissing her just like that! She could not imagine what took over him, but she was sure his reason for kissing her was not exactly what she would have wanted for her first kiss.

 

My first kiss!!! >.<

 

What made her angrier was that Seung jo did not even bother to explain and apologize for taking her first kiss roughly and without her permission. For putting her in such a compromising situation.

 

 Jerk! Jerk! Am I one of your girls? If your girls allow you to kiss them randomly in public, then don’t treat me like one of them! Argh!

 

Ha Ni paused to breathe.

 

Just when I thought you were becoming nicer…  I was actually starting to enjoy your company… I even believed your compliments… I was already thinking that I just mistook you as the biggest jerk I’ve met. And then you proved me wrong again. Why do you have to do stupid things?! Why do you have to be so complicated!?

 

Ha Ni was seriously fuming.

 

Actually, there was one moment when Ha Ni wanted to confront Seung Jo. Just to get the anger and curiousity off her chest. She was just not able to do it because, like her, Seung Jo also bluntly began ignoring her since that fateful day of the musical. So how could she confront a person who also clearly did not want to talk to her?

 

Now you're acting like you have the right to be mad? Fine! Let's see who's the last one standing!

 

Ha Ni's head wanted to burst with too much thinking!

 

She became more pissed as rewinds of the kiss cropped up many times the following days:

 

In her room. Disturbing her sleep and study period. She had to put on night serums to prevent dark circles from showing under her eyes.

 

In the bathroom. The scene pops up even during her shower! Argh! Couldn’t I have a moment of peace?

 

In the dinner table. Sitting in front of Seung Jo made her uneasy and unable to eat normally. She even choked one time when she caught him looking at her from across the table. Good thing Eun Jo was quick to give her water and patted her back.

 

In Seung Jo's car! It was absolute torture for her, sitting silently all thoughout every ride with Seung Jo who also seemed to have vowed not to say anything unless necessary. Ha Ni’s only consolation was that Seung Jo skipped their usual office afternoons, and that allowed her a breather.

 

At school, Min Ah caught her many times staring far off with a twisted expression, like she was murdering someone in her head.

 

"Is something wrong, Ha Ni yah? You've been acting strange these past few day..." Min Ah asked worriedly, to which Ha Ni lied.

 

Min Ah... If you only knew...I wish I could tell you...  T_T

 

Of course, Ha Ni never felt so mad at someone before, excluding Seung Jo. And he kept on breaking his own record of making Ha Ni angrier each time.

 

Ha Ni also felt agonized about what Jin Woo must be thinking because of that scene. She tried avoiding him the next few days. And Jin Woo was such a gentleman not to ask anything...yet.

 

Is he out of his mind? He said we should keep our connection a secret! SO why did he do something crazy in front Jin Woo? Aha! Maybe he did that to make Jin Woo avoid me? Because he does not like him! Because of some grudge and I am going to discover whatever that is. Soon! Argh!!!

 

Oh Ha Ni never imagined how close she was to the truth.

 

Despite Ha Ni's anger, a very small part of her was tickled pink every time she relived the memory of the kiss. She was too shocked at that time but she would surely never forget the feeling of the first time someone's lips touched hers.  After all, it was her first kiss. The sensation it caused her was quite new to her. It was like getting splashed with a bucket of iced water, and it made her limbs weaken at the same time. Luckily, her knees did not wobble. Ha Ni could only shake herself in confusion at those reminiscences. 

 

And every time she thought of it, butterflies fluttered in her stomach. Whether she liked it or not. 

 

Damn those butterflies! What’s wrong with me? I should just be plain angry… not nervous and giddy at the same time!

 

********************

 

Eun Jo and Ommoni were quick to notice that Ha Ni and Seung Jo were having a cold war after they came home from the musical. Ha Ni said she felt sick and did not go on with her Cars movie date with Eun Jo for Sunday, much to the boy’s distaste. Eun Jo felt that his noona was lying. Eun Jo had grown more suspicious of the two in the past days.

 

The silence between Ha Ni and Seung Jo left Ommoni very unsatisfied. She was not going to let her all her efforts go down the drain. Not after all the things she did to make the two go on a date without them knowing it was her plan all along.

 

(flashback to Ommoni’s scheming)

 

When Ha Ni sulked about Min Ah’s backing out of the musical, Ommoni formed a mischievous idea.

 

Aha! This is my chance… Ha Ni and Seung Jo should watch that musical together!

 

And when Ha Ni declared that she would invite Jin Woo instead, Ommoni did not lose hope.

 

Whatever! I will find a way to get Ha Ni and Seung Jo together for that day… I am an expert at this!  Mianhe, Jin Woo… 

 

Step 1

Ommoni booked the salon and spa for that day to make sure Ha Ni would look her best for Ommoni’s "planned" date. It was even Ommoni who assisted Ha Ni in choosing her attire. She was a natural in acting out the just-concerned-and-excited-mother behavior that no one suspected that she was cooking out a plan.

 

She called the salon and gave instructions on what Ha Ni should look like.

 

Of course, I know what look Seung Jo goes for…I’m not his mother for nothing. *evil laugh*

 

Step 2

Ommoni purposely called Eun Jo’s godfather who had just returned from abroad. She blabbered charmingly about how much Eun Jo missed seeing him. Ommoni was not lying, Eun Jo really missed his godfather… but then Ommoni was clever enough to use that fact at the right moment. The old man was simply delighted to invite them to his hotel for a meet-up. And so, Ommoni found the way to keep Seung Jo from going anywhere that day.

 

No sweat! Right timing is the key!

 

“Seung Jo, dress nicely okay!” Ommoni shouted up to her son’s room before making her Step 3.

 

Step 3

So how did she make sure it was Seung Jo and not Jin Woo to appear for the musical? Quite complicated. But Ommoni sure had talent!

 

Ommoni pulled some strings earlier that week and discovered where Jin Woo lived. Fortunately, he was living alone in his bachelor’s pad. That Saturday afternoon, she called his apartment building’s management and pretended to be someone who’s just visited someone from Jin Woo’s floor.

 

“I just want to report that I smelled something like leaking gas when I went there earlier. I was debating whether it was my imagination or not… but I think it’s better to report it now than be sorry later if an explosion occurs. Kindly check on the matter,” Ommoni said on the phone while pinching her nose to change her voice. The building administrator assured her that they will make a safety check.

 

I hope they will not let him off easily… and my Seung Jo should be quick! Mianhe, Jin Woo…

 

Ommoni felt nervous, but being a good actress that she was, her sons did not notice anything off with their mother.

 

Step 4

Before Ommoni and her sons left the house that Saturday, Ommoni was already preparing herself to call Ha Ni. She wanted to know if Jin Woo  made it to the musical or not. Luck was surely on Ommoni’s side as Ha Ni called her herself to tell the "sad" news.

 

Ommoni was rejoicing inside as she told her sons about Ha Ni’s unfortunate predicament in the theater. She tried very hard not to sound gleeful in explaining to the two boys. She was already  prepared to push Seung Jo to go to the musical, she just wanted to get the right timing to insert her “suggestion”. Of course, Ommoni did not want to sound too eager, knowing too well how Seung Jo would react to that.

 

Luck was really favoring Ommoni that day, because suddenly, it was Eun Jo who volunteered his brother to go to the musical. Eun Jo not only volunteered his brother, he pushed him to it!

 

Blessed Eun Jo! You deserve a reward!

 

Ommoni spent so much self-control to keep herself from hugging her youngest son for being a genius!

 

So that was how it turned out. Ommoni was spared of doing the “pushing” and avoided being accused as a match-making mother that she really was. And Seung Jo was left with no choice but to go to the musical with Ha Ni.

 

Mansae!

 

Step 5

This step was actually a spur-of-the-moment idea. Just before she and Eun Jo drove to his godfather’s hotel, they first dropped by a classy restaurant called Bon Appétit.  Yes, the same restaurant where Ha Ni and Seung Jo had their first dinner out after the musical.

 

“Omma, what are we doing here? This is not the direction of the hotel.” Eun Jo said impatiently.

 

“Oh. I am going to buy pastries for your godfather. This restaurant has a very good patissiere. Just stay here in the car, I won’t be long.”

 

Omma went directly to the reception and the maitre d’ welcomed her.

 

“Oh, Geum Hee! What brought you here?” the elderly woman asked Ommoni.

 

“In Young! It’s good to see you again. I just have a small favor to ask.”

 

Then ommoni whispered her small request. She said her son Seung Jo would be coming later with a girl, so the restaurant should put them in the “couple area” and give them the “couple treatment” to encourage good mood between him and “his date”. She even showed a photo of Seung Jo to the old lady in case she forgot what he looked like.

 

The maitre d’ just giggled at Ommoni’s plan and promised to do her best to make them comfortable.

 

Mianhe, Seung Jo yah… This is just for your own good.

 

“Omma! Where is that cake you said you’re going to buy?” Eun Jo asked curiously when Ommoni returned to the car empty-handed.

 

Ommoni was taken aback, knocking her head for forgetting that part of the lie. She just gave a small alibi to pacify her son. “Oh, the patissiere did not make the cake I wanted… let’s just go and buy somewhere else.”

 

Aish..the things I do for my children…I will have to confess my sins tomorrow in church. :( 

 

Ommoni felt relieved at accomplishing all her plans. After that, she just left everything to fate.

 

(end of flashback)

 

However, the fate which Ommoni hoped would work perfectly for Seung Jo and Ha Ni’s date seemed to not have worked according to her plans. That night obviously ended badly and left Seung Jo and Ha Ni both frustrated and furious.

 

So Ommoni spent so many days thinking how to reconcile the two. Nothing's going to stop her when she already put her mind to it!

 

********************

 

Seung Jo was honestly bothered after that night. He was not as heartless as Ha Ni thought him to be. He just did not know what to tell her. Especially if explaining to her meant bringing up a past he wanted to forget.

 

But the next few days of not talking to Ha Ni also took its toll on Seung Jo. He was even surprised at how troubled he was, just because Ha Ni kept on ignoring him. He already got used to their constant bickering that not talking to her at all made him feel flat and bored.

 

And so despite his apprehensions, he decided to finally talk to her.

 

********************

 

A/N: ANother chapter...nothing much happened. Sorry! Just flashbacks. Thank you, dear readers. Welcome to the new ones! :)

***THUMBS UP to reader pinkpn! For what? For guessing correctly Ha Ni's reaction after the kiss and pointing out that Ha Ni should be mad for being kissed like that. But dear, I could not bear to make Ha Ni slap Seung Jo. A big NO. :)

*** Hey, did you watch SIA last night? Leader's entrance was so grand, wasn't it? A cool guy with a cool car and an awesome entrance! <3 CONGRATS to Leader for winning the SIA Popularity award for 3 consecutive years.

*** Please vote everyday for Leader KHJ in the MAMA. He's up for 4 categories. You can use MNET, twitter or FB accts. Here: http://mama.mnet.com/en/vote.asp

*** Finally, please vote for our beloved hyunmin couple in FB: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=185528868195914&set=a.185528571529277.46039.131389230276545&type=3&theater

 

SSORRY for such a long author's note. :)

 

PS: I found a very good story with an awesome author (not hyunmin, though). If you have time, feel free to read. Just sharing. http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/42067