4th

Fate - can we change it?

Jieun was silent. Her smile disappeared. Yongguk looked at her eyes, Jieun looked like a little frightened. But, Jieun wasn't like the usual when she immediately being angry to Yongguk if he mentioned Japan. The girl bit her lower lip, trying not to cry as Yongguk's eyes looked hers deeply.

"Jieun... I won't go to--,"

Jieun suddenly stood up, took her bag and went out of the room. Yongguk was speechless. She might be crying somewhere, he thought. Yongguk rushed to take his phone, without turning off the room lights, went out to chase Jieun. However, Jieun couldn't be seen around the building.

"Song Jieun!," Yongguk shouted her name. There was no answer. It was late at night, and somehow it felt so quiet. Yongguk shouted Jieun's name again, but still no reply from her.

Yongguk walked down to Han river, which is near his studio. Maybe he could find that girl crying there alone.

"Jieun!," Yongguk shouted and he started to panic at the sight of Jieun standing at the edge of Han river. The girl saw Yongguk running to approach her.

Yongguk hold tight her wrist, and pulled her away from the edge. Jieun followed Yongguk went to somewhere.

The boy hugged his girlfriend tightly, trying to breathe normally, because he was too panicked earlier.

"Yongguk?," Jieun muttered.

"No, no! I'm not going to Japan. I won't. So don't you ever try to do stupid thing," said Yongguk, was a bit rushed on his talking. Jieun remained silent, trying to breathe in his embraced because she was hugged tight.

"I don't want to lose you," Yongguk gently Jieun's hair. "Eum, Yongguk?,"

Yongguk let off his embrace, staring at the girl, "I didn't do that stupid thing," said Jieun. He was speechless, didn't she stand on the edge just to jump off to the river?

"You think I was going to jump off from here, and drown, let myself eaten by piranha, huh?," Jieun chuckled. She knew what was in his mind. Yongguk sighed in relief and smiled to hear the answer, "Nope. You won't be eaten by piranha, because there is no piranha here, stupid," said Yongguk. Jieun laughed again.

"...So... what should I do?," Yongguk came back to the topic of their conversation earlier. He asked cautiously. He knew, asking it to the girl now just made Jieun become sad again. But, in his inner self, he wanted Jieun allow him to go there.

Jieun was silent again. She didn't answer, instead stepping away from Yongguk. The girl was sitting on a small bench. She took a deep breath before opened .

"If it's already a fate, can it be changed?," she asked to herself. Yongguk stared at the girl, while standing near her. Jieun took her eyes to the Han river.

"As if I was God?," she muttered. Yongguk didn't answer it instead, he let Jieun muttering to herself, he just listened everything the girl said.

"Could I make someone whom I know is going to leave me, continue to be on my side?,"

"Mom. Dad. I couldn't even stop them to meet with their fate, right?," the girl's head was down. Remembering the past, made her heart really hurt.

"Jieun, I can stay with yo--,"

"Don't you want to meet your mom? I know the fact that everyone actually would be gone from my side, one by one. I'm also going to leave this world later. I can't let you stay here, because you only have a chance to see her. Perhaps, you leave me not this year. Possibly, two years from now, you'll go to Japan, and that's when you will leave me. Perhaps, I would be the one wh---,"

Jieun's words were halted. The girl was crying hard. Yongguk felt so sad to hear his girl's crying, again, because of him.

Yongguk had tried to hold back the tears, but he couldn't do that again. He let the tears flow from his eyes, just for this time, for this night, with the girl he loved so much.

-------------------------------

Thank you for the subscribe and comment! I wait for more. Kekeke. 

I promise to update the story regularly! (: 

Hope you enjoy this chapter as well..