3rd

Fate - can we change it?

“Hey, Bang Yongguk~,” Jieun poked Yongguk’s cheek. Yongguk snapped out of his reverie. “Why?”

            Jieun shook her head, “Ani. You seem to have something on your mind. What are you thinking about?”

            The news from Yong Nam yesterday had made him lose his focus on work, create song. Yongguk, although he had refused to go to Japan, he was still curious about the woman who is very similar to his mom.

            “Jieun-ie.. If I go to Japan--,”

            “You can’t!,” Jieun was panic when Yongguk said ‘Japan’. Her eyes were teary, she was going to cry.

            “Hey, hey~ I just said ‘if’. I won’t go to Japan,” Yongguk smiled at her gently. He changed his mind to tell about going to Japan, when he was seeing how panic she was.

            “I—don’t want to lose someone whom I love, twice,” said Jieun. Yongguk planted his kiss on her forehead, “I know,”.

+++

            Yongguk ruffled his hair, frustrated. He looked his family’s photo where there is his parents, Yong Nam, and him.

            “Mom… Where have you been actually? In heaven, always watch me from sky or somewhere else in this world, huh?”

            Yongguk was in dilemma. He couldn’t leave Jieun and if Jieun’s nightmare turned out to be real, he just couldn’t let Jieun alone, again. But, he couldn’t help himself for being curious and wishing for going to Japan.

 

Flashback

            “Three victims of a plane crash reportedly missing. The plane was from Seoul to Tokyo, Japan. Until new, the searching is being conducted on the three victims. The missing people are Han Jihye, Lee Kang Bin, and Kim Bae Woo. While 10 victims have been found dead, and the rest---,”

            “Han—Han Jihye? Eo—eomma?,”

            Yongguk dropped his pen. He disbelieved from what he had heard just now.

"Yongguk-a!," Jieun went into studio with a rush. Her face looked very worried. Jieun saw him were silent with his blank stare. Jieun hugged Yongguk, and sobbed on his shoulder. "Gwaenchana~ gwaenchana, Yongguk-a," Jieun patted his back, tried to make her boyfriend calm.

Yongguk didn't say anything. The boy didn't shed even a tear. Perhaps he was shocked to hear the news. "Everything will be fine, Yongguk. Your mom will surely be found alive," she tried to make him calm, even when she wasn't calm. She understood the feeling when someone she love left her alone in this world. The tears was falling down from her eyes.

"We only found the items belonging to the victim, Han Jihye. We will continue to search the body,"

Yongguk received a bag and a red scarf, her mom's items. Yongguk thanked the police, after the police left he immediately went into house. Jieun followed him behind.

Yongguk were always smiling, but now he only showed his poker face. There was no expression on his face, he just didn't cry. Actually, Jieun wished to see the boy crying, to release all of his sadness.

++

Jieun sat beside Yongguk who were staring at his mom's scarf. It had been a week since the accident, and the only victim who hadn't been found is his mom. For some reason, the police were unable to find her. While the two missing people had been found dead.

"Your mom will be certainly fine. Surely, she survived and she is in an island there," said Jieun. She didn't just say it to make him feel better, but she was so certain by her own words. Last night, Jieun dreamed about Yongguk's mom who stranded on an island, and was found by a fisherman there.

"I hope so," Yongguk finally opened his mouth. Jieun looked at the boy, and suddenly he cried. Jieun shed his tears, hugged him, and his hair. "Just crying.. It's okay, Yongguk-a,".

His shoulder was shaking, she didn't know how long Yongguk has been trying to hold his tears. 

Jieun smiled, she was happy because Yongguk finally cried, released his sadness now.

Flashback ends.

 

"Your mom will be certainly fine. Surely, she survived and she is in an island there,"

Yongguk remembered the words ever spoken by Jieun, 4 years ago. If her dream is true, then that person probably must be his mom. Yongguk laid down on his bad, took a deep breath, and tried to calm his mind.

"What should I do?,"

+++ 

"Jieun... I wanna say something to you,"

"Eum?," Jieun took a glance at Yongguk as she still her lollipop. Yongguk showed some photos to Jieun. Jieun frowned.

Jieun saw the photo, and widened her eyes in surprise for seeing the woman on that photo. "Th--this?,"

"Mom," said Yongguk. "Nope. She is just looked like mom,"

Jieun looked carefully at that woman, she find many similiarities at her with Yongguk's mom. The difference is the woman in photo is thinner than her.

"Tell me what it means," she pleaded.

"A week ago, hyung came to the studio and he gave me this photo. He said mom is alive, and those photos are the proof. His friend who took this one," Yongguk explained to her. Jieun smiled by hearing the news. "It means your mom survived,".

"It can be. Like your dream, 4 years ago," said Yongguk while smiling. "I... want to see her,"

"Of course you have to meet her! You need to see her in person," said Jieun excitedly. Yongguk stared at her, "What if I don't want to go?,"

Jieun shook her head. The girl was wondering why he even asked unreasonable thing like that. "Hey, if she's your mom, why you don't want to see her?,"

"Do I have to see her?," asked Yongguk again, made Jieun frown. Jieun nodded, "Of course!,"

"Even though it means I'm going to Japan?,"

To Be Continued

Thank you readers! I really hope you enjoy my fic and you can leave a comment here or subscribe me! ^^