2nd

Fate - can we change it?

Jieun hold Yongguk’s hand tightly, she was afraid if Yongguk would leave her anytime. Yongguk realized her fear. Yongguk smiled at her and looked into her eyes gently. “Don’t worry about it. It was just a nightmare,”

            “How can you say it was just a nightmare? What if it is going to happen, like 10 years ago,”

            “Hmm.. I will die in Japan, right?”

            Jieun nodded slowly. “Then--- I just don’t have to go to Japan, and everything will be okay, right?”

            Jieun looked into his eyes. That girl was still afraid, but Yongguk managed to calm her down. “Can I change other’s fate?” asked Jieun. Yongguk shrugged, “I don’t know. But, we can try. You always wanna try to change fate, don’t you?”. Yongguk’s words didn’t make a sense, but it gave some hope to that girl.

            December, 31th 2013. Seoul. Jieun’s House.

            “Happy New Year!,” Jieun gave a present to Yongguk. Yongguk took it and smiled to her. “Thank you, Jieun-ie,”.

            “Now… where is my present?,” asked Jieun to Yongguk.

            Yongguk took something from his pocket. A small box was shown to Jieun. “What’s this?” Jieun tried to guess her present. Yongguk opened the box, and Jieun saw a beautiful necklace with its star. “For me?,”. Yongguk nodded.

            “Happy New Year, my girl,” said Yongguk softly. Jieun hugged him immediately, surprised Yongguk. The necklace was fallen.

            “Hey, you dropped the necklace,” said Yongguk. But, Jieun still hugged him and smiled widely. Yongguk chuckled, he was very happy to see Jieun like this.

            “It turns out to be a nightmare. Just a nightmare,” Jieun murmured. Yongguk smiled. “Yes, and you don’t have to think about it again. I’ll always by your side, Jieun,” said Yongguk.

            Jieun released her embrace then took the necklace on the floor. “I want to wear it,” Jieun asked Yongguk to put it around her neck.

            Yongguk did it, and then their eyes met each other.

            “Saranghaeyo,” Yongguk pulled Jieun closer to him, and kissed her lips gently. Jieun kissed him back, and put her arms around his neck.

           

            January, 2nd 2014. Yongguk’s Studio.

            “Mom is in Japan, hyung?,”

            Yongguk’s eyes widened in shock when he heard news from his older twin, Bang Yong Nam. Yong Nam came to Yongguk’s studio, and brought some photos of their mom.

            “Mom works as cashier at minimarket in Tokyo. My Japanese friend gave me these photos,”. Yong Nam gave to Yongguk photos when their mom was working there.

            Yongguk was speechless. He sat on the sofa, and tried to understand that news about his mom. “I thought—eomma has died,”

            Yong Nam sat beside his younger brother. “I know. At first, I thought my friend was confused for being thinking that woman is our mother. But, after he gave me these photos, I couldn’t help but think she is our mother,”

            “It’s impossible, hyung. Mom has died, the police even had found her things. Right, hyung?!,”. Yongguk ruffled his hair in frustration.

            “Yongguk-a, that’s right her things were found. But, we haven’t found her corpse till now. There’s possible if mom actually survived from that plane crash, and was stranded on an island near Japan,”

            Yongguk shook his head. He insisted that his mom has died. “This has been more than four years, hyung! If mom is still alive, why she never called us?! Why there was any news about the survivors of that plane crash?!”

            Yong Nam took a breath. His twin was so stubborn. “Yongguk-a, if you don’t believe itu, you can go to Japan, and my friend there will help you”

            Yongguk remained silent when he heard an offer from his brother. He did want to go there to prove itu, but he remembered Jieun’s word.

            “You… you will dead. In Tokyo. You.. will lose.. a lot of bl—blood,”

            “Flight ticket, I can buy it for you,” said Yong Nam.

            “Why don’t you go there instead of me, hyung?,” asked Yongguk. Yong Nam shook his head, “I do want to go there, but my boss disallows me for going abroad this time. The financial condition at my company is not well,”

            “Why you don’t want to go, Yongguk? Is it because Jieun?,” asked Yong Nam again. Yongguk shook his head slowly, “Not her. I—just can’t, hyung,”

            “Your reason doesn’t make a sense, Yongguk. You don’t hate mom, do you?”

            Yongguk stared at his brother in disbelief. How can he hate his mom. “Aniya, hyung. As I said, I just can’t,” Yongguk said it firmly.

            Yong Nam gave up. He knew, he couldn’t make Yongguk change his answer, how hard he tried to persuade him. “Okay, I understand. But, if you suddenly change your mind, you can come to me, and I will give you my friend’s address in Japan,”. Yong Nam patted Yongguk, then left him.

            Yongguk casted down his eyes, took a deep breath. He tried to calm down himself.