1st

Fate - can we change it?

Sunday, December 1st 2013. Seoul

            “Yongguk! Bang Yongguk! You bastard! You said you won’t leave me? But, now?! Where is your promise, huh?!”

            A girl hit a boy’s chest hard, while crying loudly. “Jieun.. Jieun-ie..”

            That boy hugged the girl to stop her from hitting his chest. His embrace couldn’t stop Jieun’s crying. Jieun was still muttering that Yongguk, the boy who embraced her now, would leave her.

            “Jieun, I’m still here, and I won’t leave you,” Yongguk rubbed her head, tried to soothe his girl.

            Yongguk released his embrace when Jieun was calmer. Jieun sat on the sofa, followed by Yongguk. Yongguk felt pity for seeing Jieun like this. He could see Jieun was afraid, her eyes were swollen, her lips were pale, and her hair was messy. That girl wasn’t the usually Jieun. Jieun is a cheerful girl, and she always smiles to others.

           

            Yongguk wiped the remnants of her tears on the cheek, stared at her eyes, and asked her, “Jieun-ie, what has happened actually?”. Jieun’s lips were trembling when she was going to say something.

            “You… you will dead. In Tokyo. You.. will lose.. a lot of bl—blood,” Jieun started crying again. Yongguk seemed to disbelief to what was said by Jieun just now. Yongguk took a deep breath.

            “That—that won’t be true, Jieun-ie,” said Yongguk. But, Jieun shook her head immediately. Her eyes were staring at Yongguk’s, it continued to shed tears. “Aniya.. aniya.. An accident. It will be the cause! You.. will go to Japan, and leave me here. Leave me forever…”

            “Jieun-ie, it’s impossible to me to go there. How can I WILL have an accident there? You just saw a nightmate, Jieun. Don’t worry about it,”. Yongguk embraced her again tightly.

            Yongguk took a deep breath again. His mind was frantic right now. He wasn’t stupid for believing Jieun’s words, but he knew since childhood, Jieun could see future or someone’s fate through her dreams. She could predict the death of her parents, 10 years ago.

 

Flashback

            “Mom! Dad! You can’t go!”, Jieun, the little girl, hold her parents’ hand tightly. “Why, Jieun-ie? Mom and dad go to work, just that,” eomma smiled, while rubbed her only child’s head.

            “No! You can’t go, no matter what! If you still want to go, Jieun must go with you too!,” Jieun started to cry, that girl made her parents confused. Her dad squatted in front of Jieun.

            “My baby, Jieun.. There is Yongguk, isn’t it? You can ask him to play with you, if you feel alone. Mom and dad promise won’t come home late today,” dad smiled.

            Her parents thought that Jieun feel alone when they are working, but.. her reason was more than that.

++++

 

            “There is an accident near Gangwon hospital just now. Two of the victims died at the scene and one person in critical condition. Both deaths are a married couple, known as doctors at Gangwon hospital. The injured victim is a middle-aged woman--,”

            “MOM! DAD!,” Jieun screamed histerically when she saw her parents’ picture at breaking news. Yongguk was speechless, when he knew Jieun’s parents dead. Jieun told him that she dreamed about her parents who had an accident and died. But, at that time, Yongguk just laughed and thought that was only nightmare.

            Jieun’s nightmare became reality.

Flashback Ends.