Lobster is always appreciated

Paper cranes

“So when can we eat?” Taehyung nudges Hoseok, who on the other hand was really trying not to tear up.

“Is this your first wedding? After the vows get exchanged, now focus!” Hoseok scolds and pretends he wasn’t all emotional up until a second ago.

“But it is my first wedding…”the younger mumbles to himself and decides to sulk until they allowed him to eat. He didn’t even know these people! But no, he could never say no to a certain Jung Hoseok who always insisted on bringing him along to some fancy social meetings, parties and even weddings.

 

They manage to excuse themselves sometime around 9pm, since most of the guests were if not drunk, at least tipsy and didn’t say much. Taehyung was quiet on the drive back home.

“Are you mad? You should’ve told me if you wanted to go back earlier...” Hoseok asks softly and gently places his hand over Taehyung’s.

“There was lobster and you know how much I love lobster.” Taehyung said and fully intertwined their fingers, ignoring the look the taxi driver shot them. “It’s not that, I really had fun… but can’t you come over? Just for tonight?”

Taehyung’s pleads made the insides of Hoseok burn and he more than anything wanted to dump everything and get off the taxi together with Taehyung, but he couldn’t. If he were to break his promises and responsibilities all of his efforts until now would go to waste. He only gives an apologetic smile to the younger and lets him sulk, even though he managed to fall asleep on Hoseok’s chest just few minutes later, still holding onto his hand.

 

“I will call you as soon as I can so get some sleep and prepare for class-“

Hoseok wasn’t let to finish his little mom talk. Two eager lips shut him up, making him almost go insane. They’ve kissed so many times, in all kinds of ridiculous places while hiding from people, yet why did it always feel like it was for the first time? The quick heartbeat, the flushed cheeks and longing lips. This time Taehyung completely took control of the kiss, it was a bit rough, but their lips fit perfectly and moved in an unbreakable synch. Moments later Hoseok finally got a hold of himself and tangled his hands in Taehyung’s hair. The younger mewled into the kiss shamelessly. Hoseok started teasing him by nibbling his lower lip, then slightly it, but never fully kissing him, enjoying the mess Taehyung was becoming. But Hoseok was greedy and most definitely Taehyung-deprived so he stopped playing around and parted the younger’s lips slightly so he could fully taste him.

“Someone’s being feisty today.” Taehyung mumbled when they parted to take a breath.

“You started it.” Hoseok teased again and kissed him again.

“The earlier offer still counts you know.” The seductive hint in Taehyung’s voice almost drove Hoseok mad and he knew that if he didn’t leave soon he might lose his rationality.

“Taehyung…” the older whined and scrunched his eyebrows. The younger just laughed quietly and placed a last kiss on him before bidding him goodbye.

 

They couldn’t meet often, but both of them made sure that their meetings were satisfying enough to last them until next time, although whatever “satisfying” meant depended on the moment. After what happened before Hoseok got on his flight to China, the older realized how deep he had fallen for Taehyung and how far was he ready to go for him. On the exact day he arrived in the foreign country he called his parents and held one quite heated conversation with them, but the screams and pleadings were worth it. They allowed him to change his studies, so now he only had to spend one year in the university as an exchange student in the condition that he took another six months of business education in the branch of their own company in China. Hoseok knew that this also meant that he had to agree to immediately take a position in the main branch in Korea when he got his degree, but somehow that didn’t seem as off-putting as before. A year and six months without Taehyung didn’t seem as impossible as four years.

 

It wasn’t easy, not even for a day. Neither of them were scared that distance was going to set them apart, but the difference was still huge. They e-mailed back and forth every day, talked longer than needed via public phones and they exchanged clothes and favorite items in courtesy of an idea that Taehyung had. He explained that if they exchanged some items that meant something to them or just used a lot they could feel closer to each other. Neither of them admitted it, but throughout the whole time they both slept in each other’s t-shirts along with ridiculous plushies besides them, so that it was almost as if they were next to each other.

For the longest time Taehyung insisted that Hoseok should apologize to his parents and let him study there, he felt guilty that because of him Hoseok’s parents were even stricter with him now, but Hoseok never once agreed that was true. It wasn’t easy even for a second, but time did pass and Hoseok returned to an even taller Taehyung, currently a university student living on his own.

 

Hoseok was now twenty three and working, Taehyung twenty two and a second year university student. Even though Hoseok was back in Korea it was still really hard for them to meet. The older always had a lot of work to do, many meetings to attend, just as many parties to hold and so on. Taehyung couldn’t really blame him since he still thought it was his fault that Hoseok had to promise all of those responsible things to his parents back then and besides Hoseok was already going his best taking him along to events where Hoseok’s parents weren’t present. On the inside both of them knew it was dangerous for them to come clear about their relationship so they mostly hid – in Taehyung’s apartment, in the toilets of some fancy restaurant, in front of a taxi before they could separate, you couldn’t say they didn’t have their moments, but those were rare. But they were happy. Loneliness sometimes caused fights and quarrels, but not for long. Their love for each other never died out, in fact it always seemed to have bloomed more and more whenever they met after a long time and that always kept them going. Maybe someday they will be proudly planning the menu for their own wedding, maybe they won’t ever be accepted as one whole – the future was blurry and unclear so they just treasured the present and every moment they had together, because after all if they were in the in the same continent, it wasn’t all that bad.

 


A/N Epilogue is up now, which also means this shall be the end of this story ;u; Cheesy and sappy, that's my kind of stuff uwu
A big, big thank you to all of the amazing people that read this until now and also to those who blessed me with their comments on every single chapter, it truly made me endlessly happy every single time ♥
So, until next time @.@/ i hope