Annoying yellow car

Paper cranes

“I’m going to explode soon, and by soon I mean probably in the next few seconds.”

“You’ve lost your form Taehyung, you could twice this much before.”

Twice as this?” Taehyung felt shivers all over is body just with the mention of more food.

“It’s okay, we have three more days left, you can catch up then.” Hoseok said and went to pay before Taehyung could protest.

 

It was the last week Hoseok had in Korea and the said had the plan to make their farewell party not just the night before but a whole week long. He has been taking Taehyung out for either lunch or dinner or to some bakeries from where they end up buying half the place for four days now. Taehyung hated when Hoseok payed for something and always wanted to give his share, but no matter how much he tried, Hoseok just explained that since he’s the one who’s leaving he should be the one to pay. What kind of a logic that was Taehyung couldn’t understand, but he didn’t want to risk for them to fight over petty things now.

Taehyung decided that it wasn’t the time for him to confess. Because Hoseok knew how much his best friend would miss him, and vice versa, had given him a special address where Taehyung could send him a letter when he missed him and also a piece of paper with an e-mail address, which he explained was only for both of them to communicate while he was away. After seeing how his Hoseok was still taking care of him and not doubting for a second that their friendship might falter, even though he was away, he felt like he already had enough. He could send Hoseok letters and Korean candy, call him from time to time from a public phone and send him a messages at any given time of the day. Along with that, Hoseok has been taking him out every single day for the past couple of days and wishing for something else would be just plain selfish, wouldn’t it? But one little thing had changed. Hoseok always wanted them to go back home after their eating/walking session by feet and not use the train. They used the time to talk, reminisce, goof around, act like children again, but also just walk in silence and enjoy each other’s presence while they still could. That Taehyung didn’t mind all but what genuinely surprised him was that Hoseok had ended every single one of their outings by hugging Taehyung tightly without any dash of embarrassment. He would embrace the younger and squeeze him for a couple a minutes without saying anything, without paying attention to the younger’s question and red face, then he would just flash one of his trade beaming smiles where all of his teeth were present and simple say ‘Thank you’ while looking exactly into Taehyung’s eyes. At first Taehyung was really confused, but after thinking about it he realized that no matter how much Hoseok had tried to act like always and always smile it off he was also very nervous. Hoseok always hugged really tight, as if he wanted to make sure that the younger was still there and he won’t go away. Taehyung couldn’t imagine how it felt to know that you’re about to spend so much time in a foreign country without having your closest friends around. No matter how surprised Taehyung was with Hoseok’s sudden affectionate side he never pulled back or asked ‘why’, he only embraced to older to show him that he is there now and he will be there again when Hoseok came back. He wanted to ensure his best friend that nothing will be changed and give him even the tiniest bit of courage.

 

Honestly, neither of them could remember the last time they were separated more than just a couple of weeks. It still felt so surreal, even though it was the night before Hoseok’s flight. The latter was supposed to be doing last minute preparations and so on but little did his parents know that he was stuffing his face with gummy bears in Taehyung’s room. They weren’t doing anything, they had spent the week indulging into their favorite activities followed by large quantities of food so now all they had left is to be next each other. Surprisingly Hoseok was a lot quieter. His eyebrow bas slightly furrowed and he looked like he had something to say. But Hoseok wasn’t the type to keep quiet, he was quite the opposite so Taehyung didn’t ask him what was on his mind, because he knew that when the right time came Hoseok would tell him.

“You should teach me how to make paper planes next time.”

“You still like them?” Taehyung asked surprised, because he thought Hoseok had forgotten about them. He earned himself a stare from the latter as if he had said something really stupid.

“Of course I do you pinhead. They remind me of you.” Hoseok ped his jacked and pulled out a what seemed like a very wrinkly piece of paper and gave it to Taehyung. His eyes widened and he stared at his best friend in disbelief.

“You still keep this?”

“Everywhere I go.” Hoseok simply said. It was one of the paper cranes Taehyung had given him.

The younger didn’t think much about his actions. He stood up and with just one movement his long limbs were all tangled around Hoseok and he started sobbing like the actual child he was. He knew he was going to suffocate his best friend if he didn’t stop squeezing him so hard, but he couldn’t help it. It both hurt so much, yet he never felt more appreciated and happier before. The thought that he won’t be able to be in such a close proximity with Hoseok again for a long time overwhelmed him and he didn’t let go for a long time. Hoseok was only Taehyung’s back while smiling, but he was also doing his best not to hide his tears.

 

 

 

 

“Did you take everything?”

“Yes.”

“Are you nervous?”

“Yes.”

Hoseok decided to take a taxi to the airport and wait for his parents there so he could properly speak to Taehyung. For the last time. The younger kept fidgeting and asking ridiculous questions over and over again and he refused to look into Hoseok’s eyes, but the older let him be since he could sense how emotional Taehyung was right now. When the yellow cab was to be seen from the corner of the street so Hoseok made Taehyung shut by shoving a bag in his hands, which Taehyung thought was just some of the luggage Hoseok had to carry.

“Just some sweets, eat them when you get home and don’t cry.”

“I won’t cry! I’m not a baby.”

“Then why are your eyes tearing up?”

“Shut up, shut u-“Hoseok hugged him again, but it was so gently and careful, Taehyung felt like porcelain. How he wished he could just wrap his arms around the other and shoo away the annoying upcoming car. But he had to let him go, he had to control himself and just savour the feeling of the other’s touch.

“I’m going to miss you.” Hoseok said and pulled away, ruffling Taehyung’s hair. He got his suitcases in the car and turned around again.

“I’ll see you soon Taetae, don’t forget about me, okay?” What a joke.

“I…” Taehyung couldn’t continue. He shouldn’t say anything he might regret. He bit his lips and fought back the tears that seemed to appear way too often recently.

“Hmm? I didn’t hear you.” Hoseok whispered. Taehyung swallowed and plastered the biggest smile he could manage right now so he could make Hoseok feel at ease.

“I’m going to miss you too, but right now I’m sick of your face so just go.”

Hoseok smiled and went inside the cab. Taehyung’s heart clenched when he heard the engine start. He made a step as if he was about to chase the car and he felt the need to scream out his feelings. He saw Hoseok waving at him as the car started slowly. Taehyung started panicking and went after the car but stopped midway realizing he looks ridiculous.

“I love you.” He said out loud while looking directly into Hoseok’s direction.

 


A/N It's finally up //falls face first on the floor
This is all such an emotional roller-coaster like one day the chapter types itself up and on the other I need nine hours to put together some 1k words, and I cried, felt like deleting everything and never opening Word again to rewriting parts and crying again in a matter of a chapter o<-< Please don't hate me, I have something up in my sleeve so this won't be categorized as "'angst"" if you know what i mean
And I do know that all of the chapters until now have been mostly from Taehyung's point of view and i barely ever portray Hoseok's feelings, so you don't really know much about his character, but the next chapter will clear a lot of the things, I hope so ;~;
Thank you for still reading this ;u; ♥