Complete idiot

Paper cranes

“Taehyung”

“Wake up you idiot.”

“Wha-“

“Wake. Up.”

“Hoseok? What time is it? No, never mind that, how in the world are you in my room?” considering the fact that for all those years they had hardly ever met face to face it was sure a drastic change, so Taehyung’s question had a point here.

“You sure ask a lot of questions for a person who wouldn’t wake up for the longest time. But get up now, I don’t have much time.”

Taehyung could ask a hundred more question considering the situation he was in, but he obeyed and rubbed his eyes awake. “How did you get here? Did my father do something to you or-“

“No, relax. The woman opened the door and let me in without asking much questions. I only said that I’m a friend from school. But that’s also why I’m here so early since I can’t be tardy for school.” Hoseok said a lot softer than before and sat on the end of the bed. “Did you think you could get away with such half-assed excuse like ‘I’ll explain tomorrow’ after appearing almost transformed in front of me AND half-assing my birthday? You clearly don’t know me.”

“No, I know I have a lot of explaining to do and-“

“Does it hurt?” Hoseok asked, as if that was the only thing he actually cared about. Taehyung finally dared to look at him and the guilty expression on his face ceased off and he felt warmness spread through his body. He had to admit that after everything it felt magical to know that your best friend wasn’t disgusted by you and that he genuinely cared, unlike everyone else.

“It’s okay, it only looks dramatic.” Taehyung said and tried to laugh, but he only winced because of the small, but still painful cut on his cheek. Hoseok frowned and as if robotically reached out his hand and caressed the hurt place gently. Taehyung thought that he was maybe only imagining it, but he felt the pain a lot lesser now.

“Don’t you trust me?”

“NO!” Taehyung almost yelled frantically, but then covered his mouth, remembering the early hour, “It’s not that. If I trust one person in this world that’s you, but when … when you treasure someone you always want them to see the best of you, kinda,” Taehyung said with a half-smile and rubbed the back of his neck “I was scared… Scared since you and I live a lot differently and I wouldn’t have blamed you if you felt disgusted with what was going on around me. It’s not exactly the most normal household, you know. And besides, it’s not that bad and I’m used to it, but since it sometimes takes time to heal I didn’t want to worry you on your birthday. And those cranes took a while to make with one hand…”

Hoseok listened to Taehyung without interrupting him or looking away from his eyes. He reached his hand for the second time as if to caress his cheek again, but midway he changed his course and flicked Taehyung’s forehead.

“You are an idiot. Complete idiot. Did I not call you my best friend?”

“You did…”

“And since when do best friends show only ‘the good side of each other’? That’s plain stupid. Why would I ask what to do when I feel constipated then, how is that a ‘good’ side? Or when I confess that I sometimes skip shower at night when I’m too lazy? Or all those times when I blame my big brother for the smell in the shoe cabinet, but it’s actually my own smelly feet? I don’t really care who your father, who your mother or anyone that is connected to you is. At all. I only care about your wellbeing and if you are in pain, then I would care and be noisy. You don’t have to tell me things you feel very insecure about until you feel it’s the right time to, but please come to me when it gets too hard, okay? I don’t care what my or your parents would say.”

If Taehyung didn’t have that boyish pride he probably wouldn’t have managed to hold back his tears. But he was young, he was vulnerable and hurt, we would’ve of forgiven him right? He felt like no matter how dark it was and for how long the darkness stayed, the light at the end of the tunnel would always reappear. At that moment for Taehyung Hoseok’s existence was that exact light, without which he probably wouldn’t be able to live. Even though he had left for school already, Taehyung fell asleep again, embraced the warm aura of his best friend.

 

 


A/N Well, that was one suprisingly short chapter o<-< Anyways, for now i have no idea how long it is going to be since I don't really have anything planned, but i expect future chapter to be a bit longer ;n;

Also many, many thank you's for reading, subscribing and even commenting on my work, and I hope I didn't dissapoint

Also, as usual, i'm really sorry for any grammer and spelling mistakes, I reread what I write a lot but since my knowledge is limited there might be tons of little mistakes i've missed and poiting them out would of big help ;u;

Picture of the day ♥