#blue

vibrant colours. ☁
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Vibrant Colours. ☁

Chapter 3 #blue

"We will have a quiz on Social Justice in the Liberal State for the next lesson. Please remember to prepare for it." Disregarding the groans and protests from his students, the professor adjusted his glasses calmly, then picked his books up from the desk before leaving the lecture theatre.

Donghae sat in his usual corner, quietly observing his faculty mates complain about how cruel their lecturer was, giving them a quiz when it was only the second lesson after the summer break.

One of the guys looked at him, "Hey Donghae, want to join us for revision?"

Donghae raised an eyebrow. "No, I have better things to do."

Then he watched in amusement as the guy stormed off in anger with his group of friends.

"Funny how they suddenly decide to remember you when they need you huh?" A boy with messy jet black hair commented airily, while stretching his limbs that were sore from his previous sitting position.

Donghae kept quiet.

"Don't worry, " the boy twisted his mouth in disgust, "I'm not like them." 

Then he gave a nonchalant shrug. "Besides, that old bat is always so predictable. Why would anyone bother studying anyway?" And he did not wait for Donghae's reply, instead, he whisked out a PSP from his pocket and started punching its buttons furiously.

"You're Cho Kyuhyun."

"..."

Donghae frowned when the boy ignored him. Deciding that he probably didn't hear him, Donghae repeated himself.

Without looking up from his PSP, the boy muttered, "I haven't forgotten my name yet. There's no need to keep repeating. "

Donghae crossed his arms above his chest interestedly. "Aren't you the one who started this conversation? How come you're ignoring me now?"

Pew Pew Pew noises rang from the small device, and Donghae waited until the noises died down before Cho Kyuhyun finally spared him a glance. "I was the one who started it, but I didn't say I would keep the conversation going." Then he smirked, "What? Are you disappointed?"

Donghae thinks that he is starting to like this witty and snarky kid. But of course he had expected this, after all, Cho Kyuhyun was the only person in this entire faculty worthy of being his opponent. They were the only awardees of the SNU Scholarship from the law faculty, and were both identified as potentially the most talented aspiring lawyers the law industry have come to know. 

"Done analysing? Have you decided if I'm a worthy aquaintance?" Cho Kyuhyun gave a chuckle, "I think I already know your answer, Lee Donghae."

Donghae grinned widely, "Then why are you still calling me by my full name?"

Kyuhyun made a face. "Fine, didn't know you are just like the schoolgirls near my apartment. I'll give you a nickname."

He pondered for a moment before he snapped his fingers, "Aha! Let's call you fishy. And I bet you know the reason why."

"Not creative at all." Donghae rolled his eyes, it wasn't the first time that someone called him a fish, at least all the kids in the orphanage used to call him that. He was about to throw some snarky remarks back, but was distracted by a commotion from the other end of the lecture theatre.

Donghae's brows furrowed when he heard a familiar voice. He faced Kyuhyun again and spoke apologetically, "Hey Kyu, I need to settle some matters. I'll see you tomorrow 'kay?"

"Go on," Kyuhyun nodded, then winked at Donghae. "That cute newbie looks like he could use some help."

Choosing to ignore his new friend's teasing and the mysterious blush creeping onto his cheeks, Donghae quickly stalked over to the source of commotion.

"What's going on?" He questioned the group as he saw Lee Hyukjae trapped in the middle of a circle of students.

The circle parted for him, and with hands shoved coolly in his pocket, Donghae strode inside casually.

"Lee Donghae! You know him?" A fierce looking guy growled at Donghae.

"Yeah, I do." Donghae smirked upon seeing Lee Hyukjae widen his eyes and gasp in surprise. "Do Ki-nam, now let go of him."

But the guy refused to do so and instead tightened his grip on Lee Hyukjae's wrist. "No way! This idiot spilled coffee all over my report! I'm not letting him go!"

Donghae's face hardened when he saw Lee Hyukjae wince in pain.

"I said let go of him."

However, his warning fell on deaf ears. 

Donghae decided that it was simply a waste of time to talk to Do Ki-nam. He moved swiftly to the side and twisted Do Ki-nam's arms backward, freeing Lee Hyukjae easily.

Do Ki-nam howled in pain and charged at Lee H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter