Synopsis[1-16]

vibrant colours. ☁
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Due to popular demand(60% of readers), here's the synopsis for chapters 1-16. 



Synopsis for chapters 1-16 [read at your own risk/spoilers]

Actually, I think the chapters are pretty self-explanatory all the way up to chapter 14, where things got more complicated. However, just for the sake of a handful of 'blur' readers, I shall point out a few facts that are blatantly obvious. 

Firstly, the reason why Donghae has trust issues is because of his childhood trauma. In chapter 10, where Donghae has a little chat with Leeteuk, he tells Leeteuk that he impersonated Eunhyuk, so that the latter could escape the kidnapper's den. Nevertheless, despite promising that he would come back to rescue Donghae, Eunhyuk never did. Thus, Donghae felt betrayed. To make matters worse, the kidnappers found out that the 'Eunhyuk' they had, was apparently fake, so in their fury, they Donghae. This left a deep scar on Donghae.

Secondly, Hyukjae may or may not have lost his memory. (This is up to you to decide. I'm not gonna say anything more or it'll spoil the fun) Refer to the following excerpt from chapter 11, and determine it yourself.

//Just as he finished his words, a large blue truck tore down the road, bright lights flashing and trumpet horning.

Hyukjae froze. His legs felt like they were rooted to the ground, and his blood ran cold. In that very short moment, sharp flashes of pain stabbed into his head, and he begin to feel giddy. There was an abrupt jolt in his memory, similar to the situation now, a black car sped towards him lights flashing and horning loudly before it rammed into him and Hyukjae felt himself thrown up in the air.

He thought he heard Donghae scream. "Hyukjae!" 
//

Thirdly, Hyukjae does not know that Donghae is colourblind. Yet. This will come in handy in the later chapters.

Fourth, Lee Eunhyuk is actually Lee Hyukjae. There were many hints dropped here and there throughout the chapters. For example, the fact that both Hyukjae and Eunhyuk lived in Canada(chapter 1), the identical monkey keychain Hyukjae has(chapter 5) and both Hyukjae and Eunhyuk share the same birthday on April 4th(chapter 9). 

***However, here comes a important question. Although 'we' readers know that Hyukjae=Eunhyuk. Is Hyukjae aware of his other identity, Eunhyuk? If he is aware, why is he acting like he has never known Donghae before? What is his motive? If he does not know, then did he really lose his memory? If he really lost his memory, then did someone cause him to lose it on purpose? Or was it coincidental?

Fifth, Donghae discovers the true identity of Hyukjae. He now knows that Hyukjae is in fact the very person who betrayed him, Lee Eunhyuk. Refer to excerpt from chapter 14.

//It's funny how people spend their whole life chasing after something as obscure as happiness, only to have it taken away from them so easily.

The clear skies suddenly loomed with dark clouds, and big fat drops of rain started falling onto the now empty playground. He was quickly drenched from head to toe by the abrupt and heavy downpour, however seeking shelter was the last thing on his mind now.

He knew.

So he wasn't at all surprised when the papers containing confidential data confirmed the suspicions he had all along. He could of course deceive himself that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter