#amber

vibrant colours. ☁
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Vibrant Colours. ☁

Chapter 12 #Amber

Donghae felt sick to the gut. He watched in horror as the truck tore down the road towards Hyukjae.

He burst out of the car. "Hyukjae!"

Both hands cradling his throbbing head, Hyukjae squeezed his eyes shut to brace himself for the impending impact. He heard the sharp screeching noises of tyres against the road, and suddenly, he was wrenched aside by a large force and thrown into someone's arms.

Hyukjae's heart thundered against his chest. Donghae managed to grab him out of harm's way.

They stand dazed on the road, Donghae's arms still wrapped tightly around him.

When Donghae sufficiently recovered, he gave Hyukjae a rough shove, causing the latter to stumble backwards.

"ARE YOU ING CRAZY!? What are you doing? Why are you doing this in front of me? Do you really wish to see me go insane!?"

Hyukjae jolted in fright.

"If you really wish to die, go do it somewhere else!" Donghae yelled in fury. Bloodshot eyes, spitting fire. "Not in front of me!"

"I didn't expect a truck to come down the road! Why are you blaming me for this!" Hyukjae protested, tears welling up as he was hurt by Donghae's harsh words.

Donghae stared angrily at him for awhile, then he turned around and walked back to the car.

That's when Hyukjae noticed Donghae's hands were shaking visibly even though the latter tried to conceal it by clenching his fists.

"My parents died in a car crash when I was five, and I grew up in an orphanage." 

Hyukjae gasped as guilt washed over him. Donghae probably remembered his parents' accident earlier, that's why he was so upset.

Hyukjae got into the car where Donghae was waiting and buckled his seatbelt. He reached for Donghae's hand, "Donghae, I- "

Donghae avoided his hand and started the car.


☁ ☁ ☁


They drove silently on the road, and Donghae hasn't spared him a glance yet. 

Hyukjae bit his lip. "Donghae...I'm sorry."

Seeing that Donghae continued giving him the cold shoulder, Hyukjae tried again, "I didn't mean to make you worry like that. I swear I won't do it again. Please don't be mad anymore." He put his hand on Donghae's lap. "Donghae, please?"

Donghae abruptly switched to the outermost lane and stopped the car.

Thinking that Donghae was gonna chase him down the car, Hyukjae widened his eyes, exclaiming, "I'm not going to get off no matter what you say!"

At last, Donghae finally turned and look at Hyukjae. He released the steering wheel, threw his head back onto the headrest and covered his face with both hands, sighing loudly. "Do you know how afraid I was earlier?"

Hyukjae chewed on his bottom l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter