Reminiscence

Reminiscence

***

written in Woohyun POV (point of view)

 

Why is he so stubborn? Why should he pay for my mistake? I want to dash my head. We are in the car, just randomly driving around as I wait for the urge to come. I feel torn. One part of me is dieing, I feel the unimaginable pain and hatred towards the perpetrator. The other part is excited, hungry for blood, it's disgusting. And then there is me. Worried about Key. 

 

For once, I begged him to let me be. I wouldn't ask if I didn't deem it absolutely necessary. I know, how much he loves me. How can he not know what is this doing to me? I love him just the same. How am I supposed to live in the world where I want to kill him? How? I bite my lip. Is there really a way for me to escape this hell? The voices in my head scream. Loud and clear. No.

 

Suddenly I gasp. It's here. He is taking over me and I struggle to remain seated.

"Pull over." The officer who came to assist us does as I tell him. We crunch, hidden in the grass and wait. He is at ease, unaware of us watching him. The moment he goes after the young girl, the officer charges ahead. He tries to stop him but the killer is strong. The fight is even and I curse the office that send only one man to catch him. I know, they are still skeptic about our powers but if they can use us in their buildings, why can't they follow us out? 

 

Key doesn't wait for the fight to stop. He shots the gun he bought a long time ago for self protection. The bullet hits the perpatrator right in the back. I feel it piercing my own heart. There is no explanation to this. I hit the floor, breathless.

"Yah! Woohyun-ah!" I hear Key's worried voice but I am far away. I don't understand how could he enter me when he was still alive. It never happened. Now, when he is dead, it feels strange. Empty. I am floating in the air. It's nice. Quiet. The voices are gone. I could stay here... But I feel something pulling my arm. What is it? Just let me be. I can find my peace now. It only pulls harder. Key. Who is Key? He sounds important. Key. Key. Key. KEY. Oh my God. Key! I can't go. Not yet. I recognize the force now, it's him, trying to pull me back.

So I let him.

"Woohyun-ah!"

"Y-yeah?" I rasp out.

"Are you okay? You really scared me. Passing out just like that."

"I died."

"WHAT?"

"You killed me. Him. I don't know anymore."

"Oh my God. I didn't think... How are you feeling? Are you hurt?"

"Thank you."

"Yah! What for?"

"For killing me."

"You are not making any sense. Come on. Woohyunnie. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." I laugh.

"I'm really okay. You were right. I could win this."

"Huh?"

"You helped me. You saved me."

"I..."

"The voices are gone. They left. Died. Only I am left. I am back to myself."

"Ah, Woohyun-ah" Key bursts into tears and hug me.

We did it. Together. As always. He killed the monster and pulled me back. I lost hope but now I know better. As long as he is by my side I can overcome anything. I was a fool not to realize it sooner. I held his head and lean in. The kiss is soft and hungry at the same time. Just like us. 

 

Gentle, yet predatory. Fragile, yet strong. Young, yet old. 

 

I am me. He is him. Together we are the people of Reminiscence.

 

"so remember... when you are about to forget"

 

the end.

a/n: okay the end is like super cliché, but oh well. I am happy I could finish this fic before my operation and I hope you all enjoyed it. Please leave a comment, this story needs more love <3