Reminiscence

Reminiscence

***

written in Key POV (point of view)

 

I am stunned into silence. How can I answer that question? Is there even an answer? 

"Woohyun-ah." I whisper, my voice trembling. 

"Woohyun-ah, please." I almost choke out. Never have I felt such a distance between us. The closed door are just a reminder. I could knock them out but it would not solve anything. He closed himself from within. I lost him. So many years... so much love. Gone in a second.

I ... I'm helpless. Desperate. Going crazy. I can't take this. We are helping people. We have never hurt anybody, it's always us that suffer. So why? Why punish him? I start to cry. There is no point in fighting it. I would loose that battle anyway. 

"Please... don't do this. Please." I am begging but I couldn't care less. I would do anything if he just... And he does. He opens the door and I am undone. Even in situation like this... He can never refuse me. I cry even harder.

"I can't..." He says, his eyes haunted. I pull him into a hug.

"You can! You will be fine. It takes time. You are just expecting too much from yourself."

"Key..."

"Listen to me. It will be alright."

"Key..."

"They will catch the culprit and you will sleep this off."

"Key!"

"What?"

"You don't understand. There is no battle. Nothing for me to win, to overcome. They are already a part of me. There is no going back. I can't sleep this off. It's too late."

"No! Don't talk like that. There is always a way..."

"I hear them. Inside my head. I feel them. Inside my heart. And it's not going away so please. Please, let me go."

"God dammit, NO! I can't!"

"I don't know what I will do. I could hurt you. I could kill you! How am I supposed to live like that?"

"Well, I would rather die by your hands than live without you, so you can erase those thoughts from your mind. You are not going anywhere and neither am I."

"Key..."

"Shut up."

"I... I have something to admit."

"What is it now?"

"I know how to catch him."

"What?"

"Well... technically... he is me and I am him so uhm... I sort of know who, where and when he may kill next."

"How is that even possible? We go to the past not future?"

"I told you. It's not about the time anymore. The victims as well as the killer are now a part of me so I have the same thoughts, the same feels... I know, because I want to kill someone, somewhere, sometime."

"."

"Yeah."

"But Woohyun-ah, we are in this together so don't you ever do something like this again. I don't care if you want to kill me or whoever. I love you. I want to be by your side."

"Okay...I love you, too. That's why I want to protect you and right now I know, you are not safe with me so be careful. I may act normal, you may think, it's me, but it's not. I am not who I used to be so don't let your guard down. You never know when will I attack again."

 

***

a/n: so this story is slowly coming to an end. I hope I will manage to finish it before my eye surgery so wish me luck :) thank you for your support.