Reminiscence

Reminiscence

***

written in Woohyun POV (point of view) 

 

This has never happened before. I don't know what to do. I feel THEM in my head. It itches. I tried not to think about it. Once I stopped feeling like a total , I believed it's over. I recovered. It's all good. However, the itching didn't go away. It only became worse. I was not myself anymore. Things, I've never paid any attention to, scared me. Everything became a potentional danger. I was afraid of Key. God... His gaze send shivers down my spine. And not the good kind. His touch felt repulsive. I could still hear the screaming. The victims were trapped inside my soul, eating at it, making me bleed from the inside.

 

Is this the end we talked about? Had I crossed the line? Seeing... feeling... experiencing... Is it not enough anymore? I shut my eyes tightly. I don't want to be a victim. Be careful what you wish for. You may get it. If only I knew... I don't know what came over me but when Key reached out from behind me... it was as if he was trying to get me. The world stopped. Something different entered. A new need. I have no memory of grabbing him and pressing that knife against his throat. I almost killed him. I wanted to kill him. 

 

I am locked in my room and I am not going out. Ever. I can't risk it. Oh my... I would prefer the itching ten times over this. Why was I selfish? I can take the pain. I can fight it. But how am I supposed to win over a monster? I kick the bed. Damn it. I try to release the anger. I trash everything I see and then I lie down on the floor.

 

My perception is changing. The shades of grey are turning into colorful madness. It's almost too bright for my eyes. The world is spinning. I see shadows looking at me with a predator glee in their eyes. The colors disappeared in a flash and darkness swallowed up everything around me. I was no longer the master of reminiscence, I was the prey. I became both. The killer and the one being killed. Is the ground shaking or is it me who is trembling? 

 

Time is just a word. It has no meaning any more. There is no past, no future... no present. I've become timeless. Tears swell in my eyes. I was wrong. This was a mistake. I shouldn't have pushed... Now, I can't help Key. I can't even be near him. I'm dangerous. Unstable. Ah please forgive me, my love. I've never meant to hurt you, to leave you...

 

All that is left is for me to shield you. To save you from myself. I'm sorry that I am both, your umbrella and the rain. 

 

"Woohyun-ah? Please open the door. We can talk about this."

"Leave me alone."

"Woohyunnie."

"I was alone in the first place anyway."

"Don't talk like that. We can solve this."

"There is nothing to solve. It's over."

"Woohyun! I know, it was not you. Not real you."

"Oh, but it was me, Key."

"Woohyun!"

"Kibum... Tell me. Are monsters created or are humans born monsters?"

 

Silence.

 

***

The memory is the only thing, nobody can take away from you.

... so remember ...

... when you are about to forget...

***

 

Thank you for reading. Please subscribe to the story, UPVOTE and leave a comment :)

 

a/n: So I am back and I hope I will manage to finish this story quickly. I apologize for making you wait but my muse went berseck. Even now, I am fighting my urges to write about different things and preserving with completing the stories I've started writing already. Aish. My mind is just such a mess of thoughts. Anyway, I hope you like this story and will continue to enjoy it till the end. The support is always appreciated.

 

ps: I still can't figure out the new editor and the old one is not working properly for me either so I apologize for the strange editing... the style, size etc.