Reminiscence

Reminiscence

***

written in Key POV (point of view)

 

I've been pulled to him ever since I first saw him. I've lived alone for a long time before I met him. My ability makes it hard for me to be with someone. I can control it most of the time but sometimes I slip. I catch a gaze of someone and I just know everything about him. It's not only events as they happened, I can tell everything that person thought or felt. However, it's just knowing, I can't experience the feelings myself, I am just aware they were there. Thank God for that. 

 

It's human's nature to keep certain things to themselves, though. There are things you say to your friends, but not to your family and there are things you say to your family, but not your friends and sometimes, there are things you don't say to anybody. Why? Because we are humans. We feel things, we don't want to feel and we have thoughts, we are scared of. Could you be a friend or even a lover of someone who would know all of your inner desires? The inner thoughts tend to be something we would never act out in real life but it still doesn't answer the question if I would never do that, why am I thinking about it? Why does it feel nice?

 

Moreover, these thoughts can be cruel and they hurt you. Really badly. That's why people don't talk about them. They want to protect the relationships they carefully build and they want to protect the ones, they cheris. No matter how much you love someone, there will be times when he will annoy you, when you will be angry with him and sometimes you will fight, you will let that negative emotions out, but sometimes you also need to keep it inside for the relationship to not be broken. 

 

I like to think about myself as someone strong and patient but I can't stay with normal people. Sooner or later, the pain I feel caused by things never said it's too great. I've given up hope of ever finding someone who could stay with me and not hurt me but then, I've met him. There is nobody in this world, who couldn't be read by me but when I locked my gaze with him, there was nothing. We were sitting in a small restaurant, both of us eating alone and I just looked at him since he was right before me and I couldn't see anything. I tried to see, I was looking at him so intensely as if I was trying to hypnotise him and yet, he didn't look away. He didn't even blink but there was only this pitch black hole and if I have been a  little weaker, I might have cried. 

 

I've got him and I haven't let him go ever since. That was my first and probably the last chance to be happy. At first, I've been only fascinated by him. We were both similar and yet so different. Everything about him was amusing, he stirred up feelings inside me, that I have not known I could feel. I've started to like him sooner than I expected and it didn't take long for that like to turn into love. However, as much as he cared about me, it was obvious he was not into males but I knew, he would realize we were perfect for each other. Afterall, we were the only ones in the world.

 

I can't describe how happy I was when we officially got together. It was amazing when it started but lately, I worry about him too much. I wouldn't exactly call his abilities stronger than mine but they certainly cost him a lot more than me. Yes, my head hurts and I feel like a total sometimes but it's bearable. It's something I can take but him? He is in so much pain, he trembles. I lost count of how many times I had to carry him to bed since he couldn't stand anymore. How many times I had to rub soothing circles on his back when he kept throwing up. How many times I had to hold him while he silently wept. How many times I...

 

It's too hard for me to watch him suffer. That's a reason for me taking most of the jobs and trying to get all the clients. I want to protect him, to spare him such agony. However, he is really stubborn and stupid. It's clear, I should be the one paying the price since it's only a little headache and yet, he always wants to do more. He pushes me away any time he can and I see, he is trying to improve his abilities in order to get more clients. Why? Why is he doing this? All I need is a couple of hours of good sleep after the session or a good meal and I am fine. He is out for day, for freaking DAYS. 

 

I don't know how to stop him. I don't know if I can. I'm aware he is doing this for me but if I loose him... I don't what will become of me if he is not by my side.

***

The memory is the only thing, nobody can take away from you. 

... so remember ...

... when you are about to forget...

***

to be continued

 

a/n: Thank you for reading. Please subscribe to the story and leave a comment :) I apologize for a long wait for this fic. I will try to work harder. 

p.s.: I have my finals coming up, that's why my updates are not so often and the chapters are shorter, but please bear with me for one more month and then I shall work very hard to update often and make you all happy readers :3

(btw I have a twitter: https://twitter.com/dionfortune so if you want to know, when I will update or get some hints at what is gonna happen in the fics, please follow me ^_^ I don't give away too much, don't worry. - but I do spazz over random stuff so consider yourself warned)

 

 

NEW MV: 

THEY ARE JUST TOO AWESOME <3

 

~ PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO UPVOTE. THANK YOU. *BOWS* ~