Reminiscence

Reminiscence

***

written in Woohyun POV (point of view)

 

The case is even more complicated than what they originally assumed and unfortunately, the witnesses couldn't help to solve it. Even with Key's ability, they weren't able to get enough details about what happened. There was no other option, I had to help them. The invastigators managed to collect a few items from the crime scene, that were now placed before me. I would lie if I say, I am not nervous. So far, I've  tried to channel the objects only a few times and I have never tried it when it comes to crimes. That's too dangerous. However, I am aware, they need to catch the culprit. He has killed over 10 women already and the speed of his killing is increasing. 

 

Key wanted to come with me but I didn't let him. I know, this will be probably the hardest channeling, I've ever done and I don't want him to see me like that. I won't be able to control myself, I know I am not strong enough and I know, how much it hurts him to watch me suffer. He got really angry at me but this time I didn't budge. No matter how much he yelled at me, how much he swore, I couldn't let him come. 

 

My stomach is full of tight knots but I take a deep breath and touch the first object - a broken piece of wood. Electric current passes through me and I almost cry out. My God.... The murder had stepped on it when he was leaving the crime scene and my head is now full of his thoughts and emotions. I see him killing those poor women and I feel how much he enjoyed it. I am sad to realize, he has actually killed 13 already. 

 

His style is sick. He kills slowly, makes them suffer so much, they want to die. Afterwards, when their bodies are getting cold, it makes him even more excited. He is a necrophil. Ah...I feel a bile rising in my throat. How can he do that? How can he like it so much? With a strenght I didn't know I had, I let go of the wood and double over, breathing hard. Holy... I am burning up already and it's only the first thing! I look at the objects on the table and I am sure, I can't get over all of them today. I will be lucky if I manage three or four. 

 

I touch the second one, this time it's a piece of cloth from the victim's dress. I see fireworks burst before my eyes. The girl was only seventeen when it happened. She was a good daughter, nice and lovely friend and a great student. She could have achieved so much... I see her smile, her dreams and I feel something inside me breaking. It hurts. I've had to endure a lot in my life, but this is definitely the worst kind of pain I have ever felt. It's as if he was torturing me... killing me... The burn marks from cigarettes itch on my body, the stab wound makes my stomach clench and then ... ah... his hands are all over me... touching me... I... I drop the cloth and run to the bathroom. 

 

I am sick for a good half of hour or so. I used to think, that I am a monster. With my abilites and sort of immortality, I would fit plenty of descriptions in the humans' stories but if I am a monster how would one call someone like the murderer we are trying to catch? Someone who finds pleasure in someone's else agony? In my dictionary, he is the monster. A sick twisted sorry excuse of a human being. He doesn't deserve to be called a human.

 

Shakingly I return to the room and touch the third object. At first, I couldn't identify what is is but when I touch it, I know it was a part of one of the torturing tools. I feel the tiny needles stinging my torso, his long nails scratching my back... he had used this tool on six of the women. My mind is drowned in their memories... their laughter, their cries, their giggles, their screams... It's too loud. Someone is pressing on my chest, squezzing my heart and I can't breathe.

 

I am drenched in sweat when I let go of the third object and I know, I can't do the fourth. I am all burned out, exhausted... I have already pushed myself too far. I give a signal to the officers waiting outside and they all rush in.

 

"That's all? You are not gonna touch more of them?"

"Yeah, give the guy a break. He looks like hell."

"But the other one could read up to ten witnesses per session, how come he can touch only three objects?"

"It's different for everyone..." I rasp out. I need to tell them everything I've found out before I crash and I don't have much time. I feel my eyes dropping, my body becoming numb.

"Listen. He is a guy in his thirties, around 178 cm and 75 kg with dark short hair. I couldn't see his face clearly, yet but he has a sharp nose and thick eyebrows. He has tortured and killed 13 women so far. He is also a necrophil, that's why he burries them later on."

I continue to talk for about twenty minutes, describing each detail I consider important. As the time pass, I feel worse and worse. I'm pretty sure I am running a fever and so after I am finally done I ask them to drive me home. I honestly don't believe I could make the walk myself. 

 

The moment, I stumble off the car before our house, Key is already rushing to me, his eyes full of worry.

"I'm fine." I say, but we both know it's a lie. He supports me while I slowly make my way home. I crash on the sofa in our living room, curling into a ball, trembling. He sits next to me and gently my hair.

"Ah... Woohyun-ah... You have no idea how much is this killing me."

I grasp his hand and look at him.

"I know. Believe me, I know but we have to do it. You know, we have to so please don't try to stop me anymore. I'll be fine. I promise." My eyes are already closing as I am saying those words and I soon fall asleep, feeling Key beside me, carresing me.

***

The memory is the only thing, nobody can take away from you. 

... so remember ...

... when you are about to forget...

***

to be continued

 

a/n: Thank you for reading. Please subscribe to the story and leave a comment :) I apologize for a long wait for this fic. I will try to work harder. 

p.s.: I have finished law school! Finally, I am done! So I really hope I will be able to update regularly now. Please anticipate :) And I went to the BAP concert in Paris and it was absolutely breathtaking! AND I WON THE HIGH TOUCH/HIGH FIVE WITH THEM! *can die happy now* - the best graduation present ever!

(btw I have a twitter: https://twitter.com/dionfortune so if you want to know, when I will update or get some hints at what is gonna happen in the fics, please follow me ^_^ I don't give away too much, don't worry. - but I do spazz over random stuff so consider yourself warned)